Chapter 14

Warnings: Car accident and hospital mentioned.
————————————————————————
Recap:

Carli was about to say something but my phone rings. I grab it out of my pocket and look at the name, "It's Y/N," I tell Carli

Her eyes widen, "Answer it."

I answer the phone, "Y/N, I'm so happy you called, we need to talk."

"I'm sorry, but this is not Ms. Y/L. Is this Ms. Alex Morgan," the person asks.

"Um, may I ask who is asking," I say as I look at Carli.

"This is a nurse at the University of Utah Hospital, Y/N Y/L was just admitted and you are on her emergency contact list."
————————————————————————
Present

Alex's POV:

My eyes go wide as my phone falls out of my hand. I sit down on the seat on the balcony as Carli picks up my phone.

"Hello," she says

"This is another close friend, Carli Lloyd."

"Yes ma'am."

"Great, thank you, she will be there as soon as possible," Carli says and then hangs up.

I am still sitting in the chair, not moving, looking at the ground. "Hey, hey, hey," Carli says as she kneels in front of me, "She will be ok, Y/N is a tough girl," she says.

"What happens if-," I start, but get cut off.

"Don't think like that, Al. Right now, you need to pack a bag and go to Utah. I will let Jill and the girls know. Now get going, on your way to the airport I'll buy you a ticket and send it to you," Carli tells me.

I nod and stand up and pull Carli in for a hug, "Thank you."

"You're welcome, now go," she tells me.

I quickly rush back inside my room and grab all my important things along with a bag filled with clothes. "Thank again, Carli," I say as I run out of the room.

I see Jill in the hallway and I am about run past her before she stops me, "And where do you think you are going Alex? It's almost curfew."

I glare at Jill, "I'm going to Utah. Y/N is in the hospital."

Jill's eyes widen, but I don't give her time to say anything. As I'm running down the stairs I get a text from Carli.

Carli: There's an Uber out front waiting for you. I also text the girls in the group chat and told them what happened . . . they are going ballistic.

I smile a little and respond.

Alex: Thank you Carli.

Once I get downstairs I immediately enter the Uber. "Where ya going," the man asks me.

"Airport," I say as my knee starts to lightly move up and down.

When the man pulls up to the airport I quickly hand him money and run inside. I hear my phone ding and see that Carli sent me my ticket, the flight is in ten minutes. I quickly run to security and get through. Right when I get the flight gate they are calling the last round for passengers.

I slow down a little and sigh as I think of all the pain I have caused Y/N. Pain I didn't want to cause, but pain I was forced to cause. I get on the plane. Six hour flight coming up, this is going to suck.

---

When the plane lands I immediately grab my bag and call an Uber on the way out. I get to the exit of the airport and see the Uber. I get in and don't give the man driving a second to ask, "University of Utah Hospital please."

The drivers eyes widen and takes off. He can see my how nervous and tense my body is and probably the tears that started to roll down my face as well. "I'll get you there as fast as I can, ma'am."

I try and muster up a smile and send him a small one. When we pull up I hand the driver the money ans say thank you. Once inside the hospital I go right up to the receptionist, "Y/N Y/L."

The woman looks up at me curiously, "Do you have any relation to her," she asks.

I give her the fastest answer I can think of, "I'm her wife."

The woman nods, "I'll let the doctor know you are here. Go straight down the hall and the doctor will meet you in front of room 148," she says.

I give her a grateful nod and go to the room. Right when I get to the room I see a woman probably around forty walk up to me. "Hello," she says once she reaches me, "You must be Mrs. Y/L's wife, I am Dr. Miller."

"I'm Alex Morgan and I'm sorry for cutting right to it, but can you please tell me how Y/N is," I ask her with fear building up in my body.

The doctor nods, "You're wife was in a fatal car accident. The other driver was texting and ran a red light. We had to take her surgery right away. There was internal bleeding and swelling in the brain. We were able to stop the internal bleeding though. Your wife's left arm and left leg were also both badly broken. She has some screws in her leg and arm to help with torn ligaments and for the broken bones. Some of her ribs are broken as well," she says.

I feel tears start to build up in my eyes as I hear this, but I try to keep my composure. "I'm sorry to say this, but due to the impact of the hit onto her head, there were problems. Right now Mrs. Y/L is in a coma and we are not sure when or if she will wake up. She also is not able to breath on her own right now, so she is on a ventilator."

My eyes widen and the tears rapidly flow out of my eyes as I lean against the wall. "I am so sorry," Dr. Miller says as she places a hand on my shoulder, "You may go in, but I would just like to warn you that it does not look the best in there. I will be back to check on her later. If anything happens or if you need anything, there is a button to press on the wall and a nurse will be right in."

I nod and she sends me a small smile as she walks away. I turn and face the door and take a deep breath. I walk into the room and I see everything and I break down. There are wires all around Y/N. I see everything that is keeping Y/N alive.

As I walk closer to her I see the bruises and cuts on her face. I pull up a chair to the side of her bed and sit down. I gently run my fingers over her face as I start to cry harder. I take my hand away from her face and gently hold her right hand since there are bandages around her knuckles. "I'm so sorry Y/N. Why did it have to be you? You have already suffered so much," I say as I look down.

I look at the cast on her arm and leg as they are both elevated. I look back at Y/N, "I promise you that I will never leave you again. I didn't even want to leave you, but I'll tell you about that when you wake up," I say as I let out a sarcastic laugh at the end.

I sniffle as I lay my head on the bed by Y/N's hand. I place a gentle kiss on her hand and speak to her once more, "Please don't leave."

————————————————————————
There you go guys, the last update for today. Till next week my updates might not be right on schedule, but I will try my best. I hope you are enjoying the book so far! Don't forget to comment, vote and stay safe!