Chapter 14: A Peacefully Chaotic Meeting

As they entered the meeting room Killer got nervous. How had they come up with such a stupid conclusion? When they arrived to eat breakfast Killer felt extremely uncomfortable. Did the king and queen agree with all those other people?

Killer sighed nervously and slowly ate. She didn't feel like eating, it felt like whatever she was going to eat was going to be vomited later. Though she still forced the food down her throat. No matter how hard it was to eat she still did it.

She did not eat much before the king and queen told everyone to get up. The ones eating in there were Ink, Error, Grey, and a few more. Killer was truly confused about why Grey was there but when she entered the dining room as soon as she saw him she sat next to him.

He had been questioned by two princes. One with a cape that also covered his hair. Though Killer could easily see he had black and purple hair. And the other one with the strange birthmark and blind eye, he had red hair. Next to the purple-haired prince was sitting a young girl with blue eyes and hair. But it was noticeable it was just, a very expensive, paint and that her hair was probably actually blonde. And next to the red-haired prince was sitting the duchess she had seen before.

The duchess who did not talk or move much. Only when the prince talked to her. But otherwise, she was silent.

Soon everyone started getting up, the king and queen guiding them once again back to the meeting room. This time Killer did not talk like the last time. She also stayed next to Nightmare at all cost, she tried to respect his boundaries but she was just... so scared.

She never thought she could become this scared, she could easily urge back that she did not kill her parents. But kings and queens were not easy to convince. If they wanted something they would obviously get it somehow, and it seemed like they wanted her dead. Killer had heard that one of all of the kings and queens wanted their daughter to marry Nightmare. Maybe they wanted to get rid of her, Killer, to get their daughter to marry Nightmare. But then they would also have to get rid of Ccino.

"We have arrived," King Herrrit said. "Killer, I don't know how they came to this conclusion, be careful with what you say they can use anything against you" he whispered to her. Killer nodded before walking in.

The whispering and talking died down, everyone stared at Killer. She froze but slowly walked forward when Nightmare put his hand on her back and slowly pushed her forward. They sat next to each other. Nightmare made sure Killer sat somewhere where in case someone tried to attack her they would have a hard time doing so.

"As you know we have gathered here because someone claims to have enough evidence that Killer killed her parents" King Herrit started as he got up. Grabbing his hands together.

Few looked over to him while others glared at Killer, she stiffened and moved closer to Nightmare. She never thought she would feel so safe with someone who had tried to kill her before. That was quite a long time ago and not really that long ago if you think of it.

The meeting went on normally for the first half, no good evidence had been used. It was just all beliefs and guesses. Some made sense but were very easily seen as stupid by other people. Luckily for Killer, no one had tried to attack her but some, especially other women, whispered bad things about her. She noticed that the one spreading all the rumors was indeed the mother of one of the princesses who was still participating.

She was shocked to find that Ccino's mother did not agree with any of the rumors. Nightmare also seemed quite shocked but didn't really act or show it much. He just talked with the two other princes and the Marquess.

She kept on forgetting their names since she didn't really talk much with them but today she finally got the names correctly. Nightmare was the oldest of them all. The second oldest was the Marquess, Error. He looked like he was crying but truly they were blue strings coming out of his eyes. Just like Killer's but hers were black.