34. Don't Give Up On Me

Thursday morning and afternoon passed by without Olivia and Diggy talking to eachother. I was spending the pauses and lunch with her while Diggy was staying with, well, Trevor. But all of this didn't stop Olivia to keep talking with Ethan... Everytime she'd cross him anywhere, she would greet him with one kiss on each cheek. And it was getting annoying. I let it go until the end of school.

"Olivia you said you will talk to him today and you didn't"
Olivia rolled her eyes. "You know what let's just go to his house."
I felt surprised but kind of happy because of her answer while we walked there, none of us two talking until she knocked at Diggy's frontporch. We waited and heard some noises and whispers on the other side of the door until Trevor opened it.
"Trevor ?? The heck are you doing here ??" Olivia asked.
The tall, dark skinned guy in front of me that I still despised was, though everything he did to me, very appealing to my eyes, my brain, my teenage hormones - because yes, even good, well-behaved girls can get turn on too - and...my heart.
The hood of his hoodie was brought back over his head, he was leaning on the door frame, he had this mysterious, deep face on and looked as hot as ever.
"I was just chillin' with Diggy when you guys knocked"
His male voice  made me lightly tremble, sending thrills on my back.
"And when Diggy saw through the peephole that it was Olivia, he asked me to answer cuz he didn't want to get slapped again."
Olivia rolled her eyes as Trevor's ones - finally !! - travelled to me. He slightly bit his lip as he looked at me from head to toe.
"Diggy !! I swear I didn't come here to hit you again, can you just come here PLEASE ?!!" she called.
"Promise me you won't hurt me again ?" his voice answered.
"I swear !"
He walked to the door and was about to speak to Olivia, but Trevor was blocking the way, still leaning on that door frame.
"Dude" Diggy said.
Trevor snapped out of it. "Sorry"
He got outside to let the space to Diggy and Olivia. This one approached my best friend, but not very close though.
They both looked at us, like they were waiting for something. I got it before Trevor did.
"Oh you guys want some privacy ? Right, we'll just...we'll just leave. See you later !" I faked a smile.
Of course. This had to happen.
I started to walk away with Trevor next to me. We didn't say anything. I felt like the silence was so awkward, but I knew on his case that it wasn't ; he was walking casually, not caring, looking right in front of him.
We arrived at the park automatically, like we unconsciously agreed together in our heads to do it, without speaking. The leaves on the ground were now rare and a pale brown instead of the intense red they usually were colored of. The sky was white but we could see the night was coming soon.
We sat on our bench. On our black, thin usual bench, again without communicating.
"Maddie" his voice called me.
I realized I was cold.
"What ?" I replied, almost aggressive. I didn't want to talk to him.
"Make a wish"
"Why ?"
"Because it's the first time of the year that it's snowing"
I looked up to the sky and tiny little white, freezing cells landed first on my nose, on my cheeks, then my forehead, my eyelashes, until they all got many and fell everywhere on the  ground, houses and trees.
I smiled. A real smile, and I just realized it has been a long time. I closed my eyes.
"What did you wish for ?" his voice brought me back to reality.
I opened my eyelids and turned my head to his. "To have real smiles more often." He half grinned.
"How 'bout you ?"
He exhaled and looked in front of him as he licked his lips, his hands in his pockets.
"You don't wanna know..."
"It's not that I wanna know or not, it's that I told you mine, so you gotta tell me yours."
He sighed. "That you break up with that stupid ass guy and come back to me."
He turned his head to mine, waiting for my reaction.
"First of all, Eric and I are not together. Second of all, I will not 'come back" to you because I never was with you."
"Okay then, let me rephrase my wish : that you stop liking that Eric guy and that you like me instead."
"I don't like him."
He looked at me like he was waiting for the end of my sentence. "...and...??"
"And what ? I don't like him, that's it." I shrugged.
He did that crooked smile again.
"What ?" I asked.
He stared down at his feet with a blushing smile. "You only said you didn't like him...you didn't contradicted me on the 'you like me instead' thing. So that means you already do."
I rolled my eyes. "You know what, I'm enough of this. Goodbye Trevor."
I was kind of mad because of him, but happy at the same time. Usually after every argument I had with him, I was getting emotional and wanted to scream my sadness out and let out my anger on the whole entire world. But this time, my heart was just beating a little bit faster than its normal pace, of anger or of nervousness because I was around him, I don't know.
I started to get up and walk away but he followed me and blocked me the way to stop me from leaving.
"Can you just listen to me ?"
"No."
"Please. I promise I'll leave you alone just after that, if you just let me explain."
I sighed, crossed my arms and rolled my eyeballs. "Go ahead"
"Maddie, this whole thing you thought was like I was doin' all of this just to get in your pants or anything, that is absolutely not true. I swear. You might not believe me but I swear on my life. I started to get friends with you because we got along well and I just really liked you..."
In this  moment, I didn't know how to understand the word 'like'.
"...but it was NOT because of your body or anything ! I swear on God. And then we got to know eachother and...and you're the first girl I've loved."
I stayed speechless.
"So please just believe me."
His eyes got watered. "Don't give up on me."
He sniffled to swallow the tears and his eyes became dry again.
"Trevor... You didn't love me"
"I still do."
I shook my head and kindly smiled. "You don't. You might of have really liked me but you don't, and you never did. Trust me on this, I know what love is compared to you."
I smiled and he chuckled, looking down at his feet.
"How 'bout... I decide I believe you."
He stared in my eyes.
"And I forgive you."
He hopefully smiled.
"But ! we stop the flirting and touching. Because before we were being all lovey dovey and we even...kissed. So I accept to stay friends with you if we don't do that anymore. Alright ?"
He nodded, all happy. I grinned and we hugged. In a total feeling of trust, happiness and friendship.

A/N : The ennnd !!!!

Just kidding. Lmao there's still a lot coming ;P but I could end the story right now though !! O.O but no, it wouldn't be a good ending. I just realized that I can kinda like end the story at any chapter, so maybe this means nothing's going on in my story, I feel like it's not that interesting... Do you guys think it is or nah ? Tell me !! ^.^ and please vote and follow, that'll be nice too ;P
See you :* <3