46. The Games

Since the next day was Wednesday, we were ending class before lunch ; but at 2PM, I met Eric with Olivia at my house.
"The team is already gone ?" Eric asked as the three of us walked to my car.
"Yes, they arrived about five minutes ago." Olivia answered.
She probably knew that because of Diggy. I would've because of Trevor if I still talked to him.

45 minutes later, we arrived at that huge field where 6 high schools were reunited. We sat on our seat and Amy was just on my left.
"Oh, hey !!" I saluted. "How long it been since you've arrived ?"
I talked kinda loud to cover all the noise.
"Oh, about 10 minutes. I came with Natasha, she went to get us drinks but she should be back soon."
"Alright" I smiled. "That gives me an idea, I'm gonna go get some drinks too. Do you guys want anything ?"
I turned to my right, where was Eric and Olivia, and next to her April.
"No thanks" Eric politely refused.
"Yeah, buy me a Ben & Jerry caramel ice cream" Olivia said.
I playfully rolled my eyes. "I should've expected this. April ?"
"I'm good" she showed me her water bottle.
I made my way between the row of seats then walked to the cafeteria. I bought the ice cream for Olivia, a soda for me and a water bottle in case. I checked the hour : 3PM. The next game was starting in 30 minutes ; our school against the Miami one. The game who was going on now was the team of Brooklyn of NYC against the Chicago one. The winner will affront the winner of the next game : either us, or Miami.

"GOOOOOOOO JOOOOSSSSHHH !!!!!!" Amy screamed super loud as he just scored.
Our almost whole school -we were all sat together at the same place of course- cheered with her. We were winning.

Not surprisingly, we made it to the finale. I noticed how since we were here, Amy was mostly cheering for Josh, and Olivia for Diggy. I was cheering for the whole team.
After beating Miami and Queens from NYC, it was us against Chicago. We were either going to be first, either going to be in second place. Either way, our team was great. We were in the podium. I really liked watching basketball, it was very entertaining.
The crowd got louder when the ball got caught by Malcolm and he started to run the other way. A guy from the other team got in front of him, so he stopped running. He threw the ball to Josh and this one got really close to the basket, but lost the ball to an opponent. Diggy stopped him by surprise and took back the ball to throw it to Trevor. He jumped in the air to catch it, and took the opportunity to make a beautiful dunk, as the crowd went crazy. I admit he knew how to play. I felt Eric looking at me. Did he think I was admiring Jackson or something ?
I turned to him. "What ?" I smiled.
He got closer to me, and I did the same gesture. He leaned in, turning his head to the right, and I did too. We were only a few inches apart when the crowd's roaring interrupted us. Diggy had just scored. We were winning of a lot and the game was over in 9 minutes. I was proud of my high school.

When the whistle of the arbiter announced the end of the last game, we all jumped and hugged eachother. Then we rushed out of our seats to go down all the stairs and be on the field. As I did, holding hands with Eric, I perceived Trevor doing the NaeNae dance with Diggy ; I couldn't help but smile a little. They both played really good.
As soon as we got on the field, I saw Amy already hugging Josh, and Olivia running to her boyfriend. She jumped into his arms and he caught her as well as he sooner did with the basketball ball. They briefly kissed then he pulled away so that I was able to hug and congratulate him.
"You guys were all amazing." I said. "I know, I know" Diggy joked, painting and in sweat.
The rest of the team were still grouped, close to Diggy. Amy and Olivia started to hug them, so I did the same. When I arrived to Malcolm, it was kind of awkward. "Congratulations" I smiled, shy.
He chuckled and opened his arms. "Hug ?"
I laughed and hugged him. I pulled away to see Trevor talking with Olivia. He felt my eyes on him and directed his to mine. I sure wasn't going to hug him, so I just walked away.

Diggy came to the match in a bus with the rest of the team, so he didn't have a car. He left again with the team, so I had to bring back Olivia. Eric came with us, so it was the same thing as the alley.
I stopped at Olivia's house and we said goodbye to eachother. Once the door of my car clacked, I asked to Eric next to me :
"Do I bring  you back home ?"
"Well that makes you make a detour..."
"That's okay, I'm not in a rush"
I smiled at him and we didn't speak until we arrived. Nor made physical contact.
At his front porch, we faced eachother.
"Soo, it was a really nice day wasn't it ?" I sweetly grinned.
"Yeah" he nodded and half smiled.
Gaah, it was cute.
"And, so um, this weekend Josh's throwing a party to, you know, celebrate this, and we have to bring a date. ...would you be mine ?"
I was still smiling.
"Yeah, alright" he repeated, still staring into my eyes.
"Okay. Well, um, goodnight then."
His hands in the pockets of his coat, he replied : "Good night."
I stayed there, and he slowly approached me. He leaned in and kissed me this time. Softly, lips against lips. I shyly put my palms on his shoulders. It was funny how he was barely taller than me, just a few centimeters only. He almost didn't have to put his head down.
He pulled away after just five seconds, and smiled again. I let my arms fall on my sides and I inspired, then expired. He actually smelled really good. "See you tomorrow."
"See you tomorrow" he replied.
I walked back to my car and hopped in. I waved at him and he waved back as I turned on the engine, driving back to my house.

A/N : so as you know there will be a bonus at the end of the book so if you have ANY questions about the whole book no matter what it is, ask them and they will be answered in it ! Like I mean literally any questions, it could be anything about this book, the sequel, the writer, or my next books ! There is probably an answer to it because I really overthought while writing it and worked on every detail, so even if you think your question doesn't matter, still ask it ! Love :* <3