8. Daniel

Monday morning came too fast.
Later this sunday, Trevor left to go back home after kissing my cheek and wish me a good night, since it was 7PM. I realized we were sunday, and that in a few hours I'll be in class studying about the 2nd war, craving for the bell to ring.

When it finally did, everyone rushed out, I ran to the cafeteria and quickly spotted Olivia and April.
"Finally lunch time !" I sighed happily as I plopped down on the chair next to Olivia's.
A few seconds later, Trevor came up to us.
" 'Sup my people !!" he saluted.
I smiled playfully as he sat down next to April, in front of me. I could notice this one sending him some peeps at times.
"I'm here with ma new bro" he announced.
We three looked up and noticed Trevor didn't came alone.

The guy was actually very good looking and well dressed : he had a black cap on, a long necklace around his neck going down to his chest, baggy jeans and high tops. He was light skinned, and had pretty deep brown eyes. He was way shorter than Trevor though.

"Hello" he let out.
He also seemed kinda like the same type of dude as Trevor...
"Hi" I answered. "Um I'm Maddie, and here's Olivia and April" I told as I pointed to my best friends.
"Hey" they both said in unison, politely smiling.
His eyes automatically traveled to Olivia. He sat down next to her.
" 'Sup, I'm Daniel. But y'all can call me Diggy for short." he smiled.
Oh well, he seemed really nice.
We started to talk and know him better when he started to eat.

"Oh my god !!" Olivia exclaimed, looking at his plate.
"What ?" he asked as he turned to her.
"You're eating broccolis ?" she told.
"Um...yeah, why ?"
Surprised by his menu, I though jumped into the conversation.
"Oh my god, you are Olivia's soulmate. No one we know likes broccolis like her except for you."
Diggy laughed.
"Yeah I'm a healthy person... I like to take care of my body, I workout, all those things..."
"Me too !!" Olivia's eyes widened as she smiled. "What's your favorite sport ?"
"Well I always jogg or lift weights, but I think what I really love to do is basketball."
We watched them get excited about their common points, with smiles on our faces.
I jumped a bit when Trevor whispered in my ear :
"I bet ya 10 bucks they're together in two days"
"Four days for me" I replied in a low voice.
"It's a deal"
We tapped in eachother's hands and smiled.

After class, Olivia came up to my locker.
"Hey..." she trailed off.
"Hey !" I replied. "I'm just putting these books in my locker and then we can go"
"Actually...I won't be able to bring you back home with my car because I'm..." she hesitated.
I turned to her. "It's okay. I'll walk home. But..."
"No way you'll walk home" Trevor's voice interrupted me.
He came besides me. "I'll bring you back with my own car"
"Thanks" I smiled to him.
I turned back again to Olivia. "But why can't you ?"
"Um..."
Trevor looked at her, still hesitating. "If you don't want me to hear it, I can go..."
"No no it's okay, it's not that." she smiled at him. "I'm...I'm going to the park with Diggy."
"Oh, it's cool ! We can even come with you !" I told.
Olivia flinched. "Well, actually, we kinda wanted to be alone...sorry"
"Ooooooh I see" I smirked, not offensed at all.
She playfully rolled her eyes. "Pfft it's not what you think"
"Sure it's not. You know it is !!"
"I know. See how annoying it is when two people obviously like eachother and they're like 'naaaaah I don't like him or her !!'" she replied.
"What do you mean ?" I frowned.
"You do that." she smirked and crossed her arms.
Trevor raised one eyebrow. "Really ? With who ?"
Olivia smirked even more.
"She pretends she doesn't like you. But she does."
I widened my eyes. "I don't !!"
"See ?" she told me. "Eric does the same thing with you."
I rolled my eyes. "Eric doesn't like me, and I don't like you Trevor" I spat.
"Whatever you say" she smiled.
"Pfff... Anyways, that means you admit you like Diggy..."
Olivia was about to answer when Diggy arrived just next to her. "Hey guys ! Olivia, you ready ?"
"Sure" she blushed.
"Woah she doesn't blush that easily in general" I whispered to Trevor. He sniggered. "Anyways have fun guys !!!" I wished them.
"Yeah, see ya !!" Trevor did the same as he waved.
"Thanks" Diggy spoke up.
He sweetly looked at Olivia and grabbed her hand ; as they walked away, I wiggled my eyebrows at her and she just sticked out her tongue.
Once they left, Trevor and I cracked up laughing.
"I'm so gonna win" he told me.
"No way" I replied.
I looked around and realized the hall was empty. We were the only ones left inside.

Though, when we left outside, everyone were here, talking in front of their cars, about to go. We walked to Trevor's one while just talking, when someone called our names.
We turned around and saw April running to us.
"Can you drive me home too please ?" she asked.
"Alright" Trevor shrugged as he climbed in the car.
I was about to go in front next to him when April stopped me. "Can I sit here ? You'll go in the back"
I didn't know why she wanted to sit in the front, and was a bit surprised by this act of rudeness of her, but I agreed and went in the back.
A few minutes later, the ride was silent until April broke it. "You have something here" she told to Trevor.
She put her hand on his neck and wiped something away. Trevor did surprised eyes and looked at me in the mirror in front of him with a 'what is she doing' look.
I silently chuckled and he winked at me. He was very cute.
"So" I started. "Trevor, it's been a while since I didn't tutor you. You should stop at my house"
"Sure" he smiled.
"Hum, excuse me, I am here !" April pointed at herself.
"Yeah, we know" Trevor replied.
I laughed as she rolled her eyes.
"What I mean is that my house is further away than Maddie's"
"Well then we'll stop at Maddie's house and you'll go back home walking" I snapped, a bit annoyed by the fact she was keeping getting in the way of both of us. Not that I wanted to be alone with him, but it's just... It was supposed to be me and him, as friends, this afternoon.

"Rude" she mumbled.
"Sorry, but me and Maddie have to work so it's normal you walk back home. You do it all the time anyway" Trevor defended me.
I found it amusing how he said that we had to work when he was a really bad student and never wanted to work. Guess he was annoyed too by April's behave...
"Ooh, I got an idea !!" April snapped me out of my thoughts. "How 'bout I stay with you while you're workin' ?"
Trevor parked in front of my house.
"Um, I don't think it's-" I started.
"Let's go !" she said as she got out of the car and walked to my porch. Trevor and I looked at eachother with 'tired of her' eyes. This afternoon is gonna be long...