44. Monday, January 7th 2015

"Hello students, hope you rested a lot during those holidays because there's gonna be a test on the 16th..."
The whole class interrupted Mr. Ami with unsatisfied protestations. "I know I know, but this leaves you more than a whole week ! We are Monday 7th of January 2015..."
The class started to go quiet again. I just noticed Mr. Ami had a really weird face. He kinda looked like an owl. He had round glasses, a brown beard, a turning to grey mustach and hairy eyebrows. His voice was deep and scratchy, not very pleasant. He was teaching history of arts in this high school since probably 35 years. It was kind of boring. I've always listened to it to get good grades but since a few months, it was getti-
A paper ball hit me in the head by behind. I turned around and saw Nora and Louise laughing quietly while looking at me. It was like this since this morning. There was two hours left until lunch which meant two hours since class started again, and everytime I was walking through the hallways, I was hearing people whispering or staring. Apparently, and I don't know how they found out, but a lot of people were gossiping about the fact I was not a good girl anymore because I slept with THE player of the school. How did they know that ? I felt like my privacy was violated. Well, a lot of people were at Olivia's party, so somebody must've seen us get in the room. Damn it.
"Leave her alone" a voice said next to them.
I saw Diggy watching Louise and Nora, a pen in his hand.
"Aww, what's wrong cutie, you don't want us to bother your little friend ?" Nora giggled.
He rolled his eyes and turned back to the board. He looked at me and I took the opportunity to mouth a 'thank you'.
"No problem" he smiled at me.
He got down on his paper again and wrote whatever was on the board. I turned back around and did as well. It was really nice of him to defend me. Well, I was sure Olivia would've too if she was here, but history of arts wasn't in her options ; she had technology at this moment. Such as Trevor...

At the end of the class, I packed my stuff and walked machinally towards Diggy.
"Hey" he told. He put a last book in his bag and said : "Let's go to math class"
We headed out of the class room and once we were in the hallways, I stopped walking.
"What are you doing ?" he asked.

"Um... I just wanted to thank you."
"For Nora and Louise earlier ? That's no big deal..."
"No, well yes, but I mean... For being discreet about Trevor and I..."
I saw in his look that he understood what I meant.
"I know you saw us on New Year's Eve... And I just wanted to thank you for being like really quiet and not talking about it..."
He smiled. "No problem... I'm not judging whatever is going on between Trevor and you." He started to walk again and I followed him. "But just know you're lucky it was me who found you, it could've been anybody else."
"Right" I laughed. "By the way, how did you find us ?"
"I was searching for my phone. I didn't put it in Olivia's room like everyone else because I was scared it would be stolen or something... And I saw you guys."
"Alright... Thanks anyways."
"You're welcome."
We smiled at eachother and entered the math classroom. Diggy sat on his seat next to Olivia who was already here, and I walked to my table where I was alone. I remember at the beginning of the year where I was next to Trevor in almost every class because I was tutoring him. I was glad it wasn't the case anymore. But he wasn't in his seat next to Amy's one anyway. Probably skipping class again.

One hour later, I was eating my sandwich in front of Diggy and Olivia who were feeding eachother some spinache.
"So, have you talked to Trevor yet ?" Olivia said, her legs on Diggy's lap.
I scowled as soon as I heard his name.
"No...I haven't seen him since this morning anyway"
"But you have to speak to him"
"There's nothing to say."
Olivia knew it was best for her to shut up, so there was an awkward silence until the director's voice was heard in the whole cafeteria.
"Madison Wilson in my office please"
We all looked at eachother, surprised.

"What's wrong ?" Diggy asked.

"I have no idea. I'll just pack my lunch, we'll meet in english class."
"Alright" they both answered.
I got up and left them confused. Oh well, they were probably happy to be alone anyway.