Mistaken

This is kinda inspired by my Perspective one shot:)

Hunter hauled a heavy backpack full of supplies that Tech had sent him to fetch. Ever since Wrecker didn't handle the ship with enough care, Tech wouldn't stop pointing out how he would need all new parts. Hunter finally couldn't take his complaining anymore and he agreed to go first thing in the morning to find them. Luckily they had just enough credits to buy what was needed.

"What planet are we going to next?" Omega chirped from behind him. She had insisted she came along to keep him company, but he knew she only wanted an excuse to explore the new city.

"Hmm, not sure. Hopefully back to Ord Mantell to receive a new mission from Cid."

He heard a grumble from her. "Cid's nice and all, but when will we stop doing missions for her?"

Hunter hadn't thought about it in a while. Cid was the reason they were surviving. Pulling so many jobs made them just enough to eat, pay for ship repairs and fuel. Then again, Cid was also the reason they were caught up in the whole mercenary business in the first place. In all honesty, he didn't know how they would get out of it, which scared him.

"One day, Omega. Let's just focus on one thing at a time," he said, leading her through the crowd.

The market was a lot different than the one on Ord Mantell. For one, there were several more carts spread throughout the streets with salesmen trying to persuade every passing person to buy from them.

Omega took in all that the new place had to offer. Though it wasn't nearly as interesting as other places, she loved seeing the small trinkets hung up for all to see. One cart in particular caught her attention. A necklace with a silver skull pendant drew her in.

"Hunter, look!" She took his hand and steered him over to the item.

It was much more beautiful up close. She carefully took it down from its shelf and fingered the smooth metal.

"It matches your armor," she said, holding the piece of jewelry up.

"Yeah, it sure does." Hunter smiled down at her.

"You're in luck. That necklace is on sale." The female togruta who was in charge of the small shop commented.

"Really...That's nice." He saw Omega's honey brown eyes shine with hope. Normally, he would be able to easily say no if it were anyone else, but since meeting Omega, he had a hard time telling her that word, knowing it would disappoint her.

"How much is it?"

"Two credits."

"Alright." Hunter nodded. "Why don't you go and try it on, Omega." He pointed to the small mirror on the set up.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she squealed, jumping up and down.

The togruta chuckled to herself. "Your daughter is adorable," she said, taking the credits from him.

" -What?"

Hunter barely registered the words that were just said. Of course he knew that they looked a lot alike being clones and all, and she was very young looking, but no one ever questioned it.

"Your daughter is adorable," the lady restated.

Daughter. The word bounced back and forth in his head. He couldn't help but feel a grin appear on his lips. Now that he thought more about it, from the day they met, Omega would stick by his side. Out of everyone else in the batch, she sought him out first. The realization was triggered by those few words. Words that he didn't know would cause him so much joy.

"Yeah, she is," he answered back with pride.

Omega came over to his side, a smile plastered on her face.

"I love it! You're the best," she exclaimed, holding her head high so he could see her new accessory.

"It looks great, Omega." He ruffled the hair on her head. "It's getting dark, we need to head back."

Omega understood. "Thank you, Miss," she politely said to the woman before going back over to the mirror.

The togruta gave Hunter a smug smile. "Seriously, you're a really good father. She's lucky to have you."

Hunter felt himself blush. He really was a buir, wasn't he.

"Thank you. I'm the lucky one though."

He walked over to Omega, placing a hand on her back. "Ready?"