At Last

Royce Hemlock glared intensely at the holo security screens. One-by-one his troopers fell, meeting their fate at the hands of the uncontrollable desperate clone called Hunter. Hemlock closed his fist tightly to prevent himself from shaking as the sergeant lifted his gaze to the camera. The flames in the sergeant's eyes were so fierce the head scientist could almost feel the intense heat through the screen.

"Not yet," Hemlock snarled, withdrawing a blaster from his belt and firing at the dashboard, watching the set up burst into a smokey sea of stray wires.

The scientist turned his heels, racing out of the surveillance room. He made a sharp turn, briskly walking down the winding halls. He huffed to himself as he entered the brig area. He didn't pay any attention to the prisoners clawing at the ray shields, begging to know what was happening. They would all most likely die anyway. They were nothing but failed experiments.

He approached the tiny singular cell cloistered away from all the rest. His hands fumbled as he input his information into the locking mechanism.

Time was slipping away.

Once the door slid open, the man wiped the running sweat from his brow, attempting to still his composure. "Hello, Omega," he said with his usual calm chilling tone. He loved the way she backed into the corner of her cell in pure fear. The feeling of dominance gave him the reassurance he needed within himself. Sucking in a breath, he tossed a pair of binders at the child's feet, pointing at her with a slightly wavering blaster. "It's time to go. Now, be a good girl and put those on."

Omega—scared of the possibility of what would happen if she didn't comply—crawled toward her captor and hesitantly cuffed herself.

"Smart choice." Hemlock motioned with his blaster toward the exit, following after the girl with urgency in each step. He was not going to lose to lab grown men. He wouldn't let them take away everything he built from the ground up. His reputation was all he had, and he would fight for it no matter the cost.

"Take a left and—"

"Omega!"

The doctor froze, his heart thumping anxiously in his chest.

"Hunter?" Omega whispered softly, stopping in her tracks as she looked around wildly for her brother.

He came back for her. He actually came back for her.

The young clone tossed a cursory glance over her shoulder at Hemlock, prepared for a cynical smirk but...

He was scared.

Now was her chance.

Hemlock held her gaze, realizing his mistake.

"Don't you—"

"Hunter! I'm here!" Omega shouted, her desperate voice bouncing off the walls of the hauntingly bare white halls.

Hemlock launched himself at the girl, throwing her into the wall. Omega gasped as the air was knocked out of her lungs.

"Omega?! Where are you?!"

Hemlock wrapped a hand around her mouth before she could attempt to call out for her savior again.

"He won't reach you in time, Omega. I promise you that much." The man released his grip on her body, however, he kept one hand tightly pressed against her lips while he dug a blaster into her back with the latter. "Keep walking. No sudden sounds or movements and I'll consider letting him live."

The petrified girl let out a muffled response, nodding into the hand of the head scientist. Hemlock rolled his eyes, trying to ignore Omega's salty wet tears that began to trail down his wrist and into the sleeve of his uniform.