Blessing P1

Hunter watched as Omega threw her bow on one of the tables in Cid's parlor. Echo had reprimanded her many times about not doing so because it might damage the weapon, but as always Omega continued to do it throughout the years. Now, she was an adult and that habit wouldn't be broken anytime soon. The door to the parlor opened. Omega came over with a smile on her face. She was carrying a bouquet of freshly cut flowers tied off with a red ribbon.

"Hunter, do you know where Cid put that vase from the other day?"

"Yeah, it should be in the back." He jerked his head towards her office. "Another bouquet?" He raised an eyebrow.

Omega blushed. "He's always gotten me one since we met. I think it's sweet." She gave Hunter a glare as his smile grew.

"At least he's doing something right," Hunter muttered to which Omega gave him a questioning look. He shook his head, dismissing his words. "You better be getting to bed. We have a mission tomorrow."

Omega rolled her eyes. "It's not even that late. Besides, I haven't had a bedtime since I was a kid."

"I could always bring it back if you'd like?" Hunter said with a bit more authority.

"Really?" Omega sighed. "Well you're in luck. I'm actually tired this time." She yawned as if proving her point. "I just need to get the vase real quick and then I'll head back to the Marauder." She set off to Cid's office, leaving Hunter. The second she turned the corner the rest of the batch came through the doors.

"We got everything we need for tomorrow!" Wrecker happily set down two large crates, patting the one on top. "This one is the best out of the two of 'em." Hunter chuckled knowing very well that it had to be the explosives.

"I hope this job pays well. We're running low on credits again." Tech tossed the Sergeant his datapad showcasing all their spendings from just the supplies run alone.

"I talked to Cid already. She said it's one of the higher paying jobs so nothing to worry about."

Echo gave him a suspicious look. "Those kinds of descriptions always seem to mean that either we'll just about make it out alive or it's dealing with something that no one else wants to deal with hence why she gives it to us."

"And you're complaining because...?" Crosshair gave him an unimpressed look as he placed a new toothpick in his mouth.

Echo ignored him, taking a seat next to Hunter. "Just being the reasonable one, as always," he said under his breath.

Omega walked back around the corner carrying her jar of flowers. "Hi guys!" she greeted upon seeing the rest of the batch.

"Hello, Omega." Tech gave her a nod as he placed his backpack down on a chair.

"Hey, 'mega!" Wrecker shouted, picking her up. Luckily for him, she was taking after Hunter in the height department.

"Wrecker!" She laughed, hugging the vase to her chest. "Be careful. This is fragile!" Wrecker set her back on the ground, catching a better look at what she was holding.

"Another gift from your boyfriend?" he teased, making Omega go red in the face.

"Yes, as a matter of fact it is," she said proudly.

"Oooo," Wrecker sang, punching her in the arm, almost making her drop the glass. He winced as she barely caught it before it touched the ground. "Heh, sorry."

"Omega, it's getting late. Your bedtime was an hour ago. I suggest you head back to the Marauder," Tech said eyeing the time.

"I'm an adult," Omega grumbled.