Anything for You P1

Tech let out a long dramatic sigh, kicking back in the pilot's chair. Ever since settling down on Pabu, life had been quiet. Sure, island life was relaxing and all, but it didn't leave him with much to do. On missions, the Marauder was getting constantly shot at, leaving hours of repairs for Tech to tend to. Now, the Marauder was slowly beginning to run out of parts to fix. Tech absentmindedly stared out the large window, watching as Wrecker chased Omega and Lyana around the upper courtyard of Pabu.

"Hey now, what are you doing cooped up in here on such a nice sunny day?" Two thin arms gently wrapped around his shoulders from behind.

Tech didn't need to look up to know who it was.

"I am perfectly fine here," he said without taking his eyes off the scene in front of him. He heard a soft chuckle as Phee circled around and took a seat next to him.

"Come on, brown eyes. I know when something is bothering you." Phee reached for his hand, giving it a tender squeeze.

"Nothing is—" Tech stopped abruptly. There was no sense in lying to her. Phee wasn't like anyone he had ever met. She listened to him when others didn't, which was something he wasn't accustomed to when it came to spewing knowledge other than vital information. She also possessed the ability to read him like a book.

"Go on," Phee urged. "What are you feeling?"

"I feel...my skills have become futile. There is no need for my extensive understanding of strategies or battle plans here."

"You shouldn't feel that way." She turned his chair towards her so he had no other choice but to look her in the eyes. "That knowledge may not be something you pull out as frequently anymore, but that doesn't mean it's impractical." Phee gave him a warm grin, gesturing outdoors. "Maybe you should start to consider treasure hunting with me. I know it's not as hands on, but I could use that brain of yours when it comes to the history behind these treasures. I'm sure the kids here would love to learn about the island's different cultural atrifacts."

Tech looked at the Archium. Inside, full of ancient wonders. Change had always come easier to him. He had grown to accept everything that life threw. However, it all seemed to be the same. Next battle after the other. Peace was not something the GAR had prepared him for, not something he ever would have thought to live. Perhaps it was time to stop living in the past and relish the present.

"Thank you, Phee. I will consider your offer." Tech provided her with a gentle smile.

"I'm glad to hear." Phee stood up. "Dinner's at 1800. Don't be late." She waved him off, disappearing from view.

Tech was alone again.

"Ancient wonders," he murmured aloud. Grabbing his datapad, the clone scrolled through the list of artifacts Phee had spoken of. He had become so enthralled in his reading, the light footsteps didn't register with him until the presence of a person was looming over his shoulder.

"Again?"

Tech startled, dropping his beloved datapad.

"Can I help you, Crosshair?" Tech bent down, scooping up the device.

"No," the sniper simply stated, flicking a toothpick at his younger brother with a smirk. "Your girlfriend wants you to help Lyana with some homework."

"She's not—"

"Not your what?"

"Nevermind. I will be down shortly."

"I'll be sure to inform your girlfriend," Crosshair teased, giving him a beady side glance.

Tech rolled his eyes, following the marksman out. "I can tell her that myself, thank you very much."

"So you adm—"