Handprint On My Heart

Hunter kept his hand on his blaster as they entered a crowd of people. The market was teeming with life. People pushing, running and shoving one another out of the way to advance towards their destination.

"Everyone stay close. I don't want anyone getting lost," Hunter said to the back of the group. The order was mainly directed towards Omega, but it wouldn't be the first time that one of them had been left behind in a large group of people.

Echo glanced down at the girl walking beside him. He nudged Omega, opening his hand to her. She smiled up at him before latching onto it. It made him feel better knowing that the chances of her being swept away without them being aware, decreased.

"What are we looking for?" she asked, tugging on his arm.

"We're tracking down a dealer for one of Cid's clients," he answered. "They have something that dates back to when the Jedi were still around."

He couldn't help but let his mind wander to General Skywalker and Ahsoka. Everything they were fighting for was for nothing. All the Jedi, killed by the ones they trusted to fight til death with them. Though it wasn't their fault, most of the generals and padawans died thinking their friends betrayed them.

"Echo? Are you okay?"

Omega's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, kid." He noticed that he had started walking noticeably slower. Hunter, Tech and Wrecker were nowhere in sight.

"Oh great," he muttered. He sighed as he led Omega over to the side where there was less commotion.

Omega leaned against the wall as Echo messed with his comm. She had already tried hers, but the signal wasn't the best. All they could do was wait for the rest of the batch to realize that they were gone. Hunter could track them down in no time, even if it was crowded. She didn't worry too much. She knew they would come.

Echo hit his comm with his metal scomp. It was useless. All he could hear was static. He and Tech should have thought about the situation beforehand, but that would have to be an argument for later.

"They'll be back," Omega said positively, "I know they will."

Echo chuckled. "Oh they better." He carefully examined the surrounding area to keep watch on anything or anyone dangerous. His eyes landed on a dark figure next to a stand. They had a cloak with a hood shielding their face. Echo felt his stomach start to churn as he casually moved towards an alley, away from everyone.

"What's happening?" Omega asked, looking behind him.

Echo ruffled her hair with his flesh hand. "Nothing to worry about, Omega." He quickly peeked over his shoulder hoping it was only his imagination playing tricks on him.

His worst assumption came true when he heard Omega let out a small gasp. He immediately whipped around, coming face to face with the cloaked person. He pulled his blaster out, his other arm stuck out as a barrier between the threat and Omega.

"Who are you and what do you want!" Echo shouted, keeping his finger secured on the trigger.

"Traitors," the person muttered angrily.

He wasn't prepared for them to lunge at him. Echo hit the ground so hard, it knocked the air out of him.

"Echo!" He heard the young girl yell, attempting to help him.

"No! Hide!" he ordered, shoving the attacker off of him just as a gunshot was heard cracking through the air. He didn't have time to see where it originated, but he passed it off as a different fight elsewhere. He made sure Omega was safe before turning his attention back to his fight. He pulled the hood off the person, revealing a clone. Echo could feel his heart stop. It wasn't someone he knew personally, but the fact that a fellow vod was attacking him, hurt in ways words couldn't describe.