Torture

Hunter winced as he rolled over on the cold ground. His abdomen felt like it was on fire after every little movement. He slowly opened his eyes, realizing that he was in his blacks, which was the reason for being cold. He shivered as he tried to sit up, holding his torso with his hand. He steady himself against the cell wall as he tried to breathe properly. Hunter had a hazy memory of being captured. It was all so fast. The last thing he did remember was more of a feeling. The feeling of being hit in the stomach hard enough to knock him out.

The Sergeant ran a hand through his hair as he glanced around his cell. The red light dimly lit the zone that he could barely see the lump in the corner. He leaned forward, his senses telling him that the lump was alive as he heard its heart beating slowly.

Hunter carefully stumbled towards it, finding that it was a person. Upon getting closer, his heart stopped. The short blonde curls couldn't be mistaken as anyone else.

"Omega?" Hunter quickly turned her over. "Omega, wake up," he pleaded, wondering how long he was out and if any imperials came to visit during that time.

"Mm," Omega grumbled to Hunter's relief.

"Hey, kid. Are you okay?" Hunter shook her once more. This time Omega's eyes fluttered open, looking up at him with fear.

"Hunter?" Omega sat up noticing the different environment they were in. She reached for her bow on instinct only to find that it was missing. She turned her gaze back to her brother, hoping he could tell her. "Hunter, where are we?" she asked with a small tremble in her voice.

The Sergeant wished he knew so he could tell her everything would be okay, but he himself wasn't sure where in the galaxy they were other than in the hands of the enemy.

The loud, heavy footsteps of a person approached their cell, causing Hunter to stand at attention, ready for any move their captor had. Omega too stood up, trying to be brave like Hunter who faced whatever came at him without fear, but in reality she was terrified.

A man entered the cell, his hands clasped behind his back. As five troopers followed after, Hunter stood protectively in front of Omega, not letting them look at her.

"I see it's true," the man started, "I honestly didn't believe my captain when he told me that we had the oh so famous, Clone Force 99 as our guests." The accented male stepped closer to the pair. "The Empire has more for you in store than anything that the galaxy can offer you."

Hunter sent him a glare. "Thanks, but we're fine just how we are," he growled.

Rampart simply chuckled, throwing his head back. "That spirit will soon be broken, clone. Your kind is fairly easy to crack." He crouched down, staring at the child behind the Sergeant. "You, my dear, will be a great asset to the Empire. Much more than your friend here."

Hunter could feel Omega's heart rate increase as she hid behind him further, away from the walking nightmare. Hunter boiled with rage at the thought of Omega being used by such an evil cause. Nothing would happen to her under his watch, and he would take that promise to his grave. Without a second thought as the admiral approached, he kicked him square in the jaw, sending him flying across the cell which he landed with a satisfying thud.

For a brief moment, Hunter thought he was knocked out as his body laid there, unmoving.

"Is he...?" Omega whispered, taking a step forward.

Hunter didn't have time to respond as the troopers in the room seized him, pinning his arms behind his back, shoving him to his knees roughly. Omega was soon in the same position he was in which only fueled his anger.

Rampart slowly got up from the ground, swatting away the hands of a trooper trying to help as he marched towards the two clones kneeling. The eyes of his attacker drove a piercing glare at him that could only be described as a roaring fire.