The Market P2

The second they reached the ship, Omega ran straight to the gunner's mount, closing the curtain to make sure no one would come in.

Crosshair shrugged, gathering the supplies and taking it back to put it in storage before joining his brothers in the cockpit. Hunter had seemed to have just woken up from a nap as he didn't register his brother returning from the trip he sent him out on just a while ago.

"Supplies are put up. We're good to go on any wild goose chase that Cid puts us up to," Crosshair said as he slumped into the empty seat next to the tired Sargent.

"That better not be for a while," Hunter mumbled. "Thanks for going."

"Don't mention it." The sniper sighed, reaching for the compartment where he kept his toothpicks. It was almost empty. He cursed to himself. He should have bought more while out. Now he didn't know how long it would be til they would have the time to go for another supply run. Maybe if he didn't have one then, he could spare it for when he really needed it, but he did really need one now. He hadn't had one since that morning and he didn't think he could hold out until—

"Echo deep cleaned the ship again." Hunter's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "Claims the smell came back."

Crosshair snorted. "He needs to get used to it. Maybe it's a reg thing."

The doors to the cockpit burst open. Tech and Wrecker came in, sitting down in the other two empty chairs looking flustered.

"What's wrong with you two?"Hunter asked, giving them strange glances.

"Echo's what's wrong. Says my bunk smells the worst," Wrecker groaned, "It's not my fault we're wanted fugitives and I don't have the time to be all clean."

"Hm, Echo has a point," Tech disagreed as the reg entered.

"Have any of you seen Omega? She's been gone since dinner." The others, aside from Crosshair, began to worry. She had left abruptly without saying anything.

"I'll go check on her." Hunter started to stand up but was stopped by the sniper.

"I wouldn't. She's busy doing something."

Hunter lifted an eyebrow. "Doing what exactly?" As if on cue, the young girl entered the room, hands full of packages.

"Hello!" She greeted everyone cheerfully, "I have a surprise for all of you."

Each member exchanged smiles upon seeing their sister's excited state. It was nice to see her being a kid for once and not being excited about blowing something up. The clones gave her all their attention.

"Back on Ryloth, Hera was telling me about a celebration her family adopted that happens every cycle. It's where you give gifts to everyone that you love." Omega carefully gave each wrapped item to the batchers. "Go on, open them!"

Hunter, Echo, Wrecker, Tech and Crosshair held the present that was handed to them. It was a strange feeling to receive something that was out of...love. They didn't want to keep Omega waiting.

Hunter went first, tearing away at the paper. He gave Omega a loving smile as he held the headphones.

"I thought you could use something to help with your headaches," Omega explained.

"Thank you, Omega. That was very thoughtful." He reached over to her as Omega threw her arms around him, giving him a tight hug.

Tech was next. He slowly unwrapped his gift, revealing a new shiny toolbox. He instantly fell in love with it. "This is perfect, Omega. My thanks to you." He too reached out, giving the girl a warm hug.

Echo was given his next. Omega presented him with the blanket.

Echo unfolded it, immediately feeling his eyes start to burn. His brother's symbols that were stitched into the fabric, was the most touching thing he had ever held. Rex, Fives, Jesse, Hardcase, Kix, Tup...including his own.

Omega's eyes widened. "Is something wrong? I didn't mean for it to make you cry. I—"

"No no," Echo said through the tears, "I just really love it, Omega. It means a lot to me." He wrapped one arm around her, kissing the top of her head.

"I'm glad you like it," Omega said, leaning into his touch.

Wrecker had been eagerly waiting for his turn. When Echo finally seemed settled down, he tore open his present. He looked at the box and the colorful image on it. His lips spread into a wide grin.

"You didn't... A HAMMOCK!? I've been wanting one since forever!" He carefully picked Omega up, twirling her around as she laughed. "Thanks, Omega. I can't wait to set it up!"

"I figured it would be more comfortable than your bunk," the girl giggled.

"You got that right."

Omega looked over at Crosshair who was the very last one to open. "It's your turn Crosshair," she prompted.

Crosshair stared at the gift Omega had given him. He didn't think that anyone had ever given him something out of affection. He didn't keep her waiting as he opened it. He couldn't hide his lopsided grin.

"Toothpicks," he chuckled. A whole lot of toothpicks at that. He didn't even know that someone could buy that many in one place. "Thanks, kid," he said as he ruffled her hair.

"Er, sorry we didn't get you anything, kid." Hunter kicked himself for not being aware of the holidays that seemed to go along with raising a child. "If we would have known, then we would have all gotten you something."

Omega shook her head. "You already gave me everything I could ask for. I would have never been as happy as I am now if you all hadn't come back for me on Kamino. Being a part of this squad is the best gift of all."

"Aw, c'mere!" Wrecker almost crushed her with one of his large hugs. He loosened up as the others joined in, even Crosshair. That day from then on would be a new tradition to the batch.