Conflicted

Wrecker hadn't meant to trip the alarm. Now the whole Imperial base knew that they were there. What was supposed to be an easy mission was turned into a race back to the Marauder. Wrecker ran through the halls, keeping a close eye on Omega who was surprisingly right on his heels.

"You think Hunter will be mad?" she asked breathlessly as they turned the corner.

Wrecker grimaced. "Probably...but hey, if we manage to retrieve what we came for then he can't be mad."

"You got a point," Omega agreed with a smile. "That means we can still go out for Mantell Mix."

Wrecker let out a laugh. "You got that right, kid!" He stopped running, pulling out his blaster as a group of stormtroopers approached them.

"Eat blaster fire!" Wrecker shouted towards the enemy, easily taking down the clone trooper replacements.

"Wrecker! We have to go!" Omega's cried as the doors behind them that she tried to jam began to open, no doubt being more troopers.

Suddenly a loud siren began to screech, sending red lights flashing in the corridor. Omega looked around, eyes widening upon seeing all the other exits closing shut due to the alarms. If all of them closed, her and Wrecker would have to face the large group of stormtroopers. She trusted Wrecker, but since they knew where they were and knew they were cornered, there were probably too many Imperials for them to take on by themselves.

"In there!" Omega pointed to one of the last rooms who's door hadn't closed yet.

Without a second thought, Wrecker picked her up, diving under the metal gate before it shut.

"That was a close one," Wrecker said, getting up from the ground. The room they had entered turned out to be a lab. It reminded him too much of Kamino. There were pods lined up on the wall, ready for use. In the middle was the dreaded table that had built in restraints. Wrecker had memories from when he was just a cadet from a table just like it. The Kaminoans were always trying to test his strength.

"Wrecker? Are you okay?" Omega's worried voice brought him back. "Yeah, I'm good, kid." He lied, but he didn't want Omega to be fussing over him. The lab probably brought back bad memories for her too.

"We needa find a way to get out of here," he said, fiddling with his communicator that wasn't working.

Omega moved around the lab, taking in everything around her. It was all too familiar for her. She had been kept in one for most of her life. This was the last place she wanted to be stuck. The thoughts of needles and tests sent a shiver down her spine.

"How are we supposed to find a way out if our comms don't work?" She walked back over to Wrecker with a defeated look on her face.

She had a point. Tech was the one who knew the base like the back of his hand. Wrecker had memorized his part after hours, but didn't intend on getting lost or being chased. They were truly trapped.

"Ah, don't worry, 'Mega. Tech will find us eventually. I'm sure of it." He tried to stay positive.

"I hope so," Omega mumbled, leaning against the wall. What she didn't expect was the wall to move. She quickly jumped up, turning around to see what had caused the sudden shift. Her jaw tightened at the figure who stepped into the light from the secret entrance.

Wrecker protectively raised his blaster, placing a hand on Omega's shoulder and gently pushed her behind him. Omega, however, didn't stay put as she took out her bow with shaky arms as she aimed it at the Kaminoan.

"What are you doing here?" she spat.

"Omega?" Nala Se's voice, which was normally calm and collected, held a shocked tone.