Lost

Omega held onto her bow harness tightly as she navigated her way through the streets. Of all places she had to get lost in one of the busiest cities in the galaxy. The multiple levels consisting of all different kinds of species confused her to say the least. Everyone seemed to have their own business to attend as they hurried by, not paying any attention to the wandering kid. Hunter warned her to stay close many times to which she grew tired of telling him that she understood, but somehow, she still managed to get separated. Omega bit her lip remembering that this planet made Hunter's mood turn for the worst. Not only Hunter though, but the rest of the batch; especially Echo. Coruscant wasn't a friendly planet if you didn't know the right people Echo had mentioned just before they left. Omega wondered what he meant by it, but he didn't seem like he was up for a discussion about it.

Omega continued through the crowd of bustling commotion, trying to find any sign of her brothers in the chaos. Not long ago she was standing next to Tech, waiting for him to finish talking to an informant. Someone had tapped her on the shoulder, pulling her bow and causing her to stumble. She managed to shake them off before they could steal her weapon, but when she looked back, Tech was nowhere to be found. She tried calling for him, but her shouts blended into the background of other voices. Her first instinct was to comm him, but when she had looked down, her comm wasn't on her wrist. Omega glared into the crowd knowing very well that someone had stolen it from her when she wasn't looking. Tech was not going to be happy about that.

The young clone sighed to herself as she found a railing to lean on for a moment. She knew she was going to be in trouble when they eventually did find her, but she would prefer yelling over being lost. The first time it happened, wasn't the best experience. Ever since Pantora, she had developed a fear of large crowds. Omega looked over the edge of the railing, glancing down as the city continued below. She wondered how far down it went and who would live there. She doubted the sun could reach that far, leaving the only other option to be artificial lighting.

Omega suddenly felt a hand touch her shoulder, snapping her out of her thoughts. For a brief second she thought it was Wrecker, but it was in fact not.

"I thought you looked familiar," the Besalisk hissed. He gave her an evil grin, showing off his sharp teeth. "You have a large bounty on your head, kid."

Omega wanted to run, but the claw on her shoulder tightened causing the slightest bit of pain.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," Omega awkwardly said. She squirmed out from under his grip. "Maybe you have me mistaken for someone else?"

The Besalisk didn't buy it, grabbing her small arm. "I don't think so. A clone's face is hard to forget." The way he said 'clone's' frightened the girl. From what she could tell, he didn't seem to like clones. "You're coming with me, kid," the Besalisk growled, yanking the girl along.

Omega began to panic as he started to drag her through the streets behind him. Eyes turned at her desperate screams for help, yet they looked away or just stared sadly at her.

"Let me go!" Omega yelled at a last attempt of rebellion. She could see the speeder that they were heading towards. She knew if she was put in it, then the chances of being found grew smaller. She wasn't going to let that happen.

Omega reached for her bow with her free hand, maneuvering it to its open position. She yanked her arm that was in her captor's hold with enough force to cause him to give her attention. The second he glanced at her, the clone made sure the purple energy string burned his face. As planned, the Besalisk let out a howl of pain, bringing the hand that held Omega to the wound as it was closest.

Without a second thought, Omega ran. She didn't know where to, but the further away the better. She needed to find the batch, but how, was the problem. With no comm and in such a large area, it would be nearly impossible to find them all alone. She worried not only for herself but for her brothers as well. They were probably looking for her...again. She tried to be good and stick to the rules like Hunter and Echo had taught her, but something always went wrong and she found herself in trouble, whether she went looking for it or not.

Omega's mind was all over the place, so much so that she didn't notice the hand that came out from nowhere, pulling her into a dark alley.

Her eyes met the tall cloaked person, looming over her as she backed into the wall with no place left to run. "Please don't take me back there," she begged, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes as she raised her arms to shield herself from the attacker.

"Omega?"

Omega dropped her trembling hands. How did they know her name?

The person stepped closer, taking the hood off their head, revealing their short blonde buzzed head and honey brown eyes.

"Rex?!" Omega ran towards him, engulfing him in a hug.

"Hey, kid." Rex gently patted her own head of blonde curls. "What are you doing here? Where's Hunter and the others?"

Omega sniffed, wiping away a single tear. "I got separated. I tried looking for them, but someone recognized me as a bounty. They were gonna take me, but I got away and well, ran into you."

"Good thing I guess, eh?" Omega smiled at him, nodding. She was more than happy to have found the captain. At least she didn't have to worry about people coming after her with him by her side.

"I'll contact Hunter. Can't let him worry himself to death, can we?"

"He won't let me out of his sights for at least a few months after this," the young clone sighed, aware of the protectiveness she would have to endure for a while.

Rex let out a chuckle. They reminded him a lot of another duo he knew. He missed them more than he could say.

The Captain commed the Sergeant who picked up rather quickly.

"Rex?" Hunter questioned over the transmission, "Can I call you back? Omega's gone missing." His voice carried a sense of urgency mixed with panic.

"No need to continue looking, Sarge. Found the kid a few minutes ago."

"What? Y-You did?"

Rex gestured to the girl, handing over his communicator.

"Hi, Hunter," Omega greeted nervously.

"Omega!" Hunter said with relief. "Are you okay? Where are you? I thought I told you not to wander off for this exact reason."

Omega looked shamefully at the ground. "I'm sorry, Hunter. I mean to," she mumbled softly.

"We'll talk about it when I get there."

"Sending the location now, Sergeant," Rex informed before shutting off the comm.

Rex looked at the clearly guilty and saddened kid. Her face no longer held the smile that was usually on it. He knew Hunter was only trying to look out for her, but from her point of view it may not seem like it. Ahsoka explained the feeling to him many times before whenever she felt like Skywalker was being too overprotective. Though most times, he sided with the general, he never stopped listening to what the young Togruta had to say about her feelings.

Omega, however, was still getting used to being cared about for the right reasons. She'd understand later, but for now he decided to use the tactic he found worked wonders back in the Clone Wars.

"You know, Omega...while this part of Coruscant may not be the nicest, it does have a pretty good Kowakian crumb cake." The Captain hinted towards the girl.

"Cake?" Omega cocked her head. She had only heard about the pastry before from Wrecker. From how he described it, she secretly put it on her list of things she needed to try.

"I don't think Hunter would mind, do you?" Rex asked.

Omega shook her head eagerly. "I don't think he would." She gave him a sly smile. What Hunter didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

Uncle Rex is the best ❤😍

Happy Sunday!!!