Conflicted P2

Omega rubbed her tired eyes, the tear stains still present on her cheeks. She let out an annoyed sigh as she failed to let the drowsiness take over her. Her mind had too many thoughts bouncing around from the little run in with Nala Se to even think of sleeping at the moment. The clone ran a hand through her messy blonde curls as she sat up straight, pushing off the warm blankets and climbing down the stairs to the gunners mound. Everyone else was sound asleep. Wrecker's normally loud and obnoxious snores were surprisingly soft tonight. Omega walked past the bunks of Tech and Echo who were deep in sleep. The only person who was up was sitting quietly in the cockpit. Omega hesitated to go in, not wanting to disturb him. He seemed to be at peace and she didn't want to bring him out of that.

"I know you're there," Hunter's low voice called out. Omega was startled by it, having completely forgotten about his enhanced hearing for a second. Seeing as he knew she was up, she decided to walk in, taking a seat beside him.

"Hi, Hunter," Omega greeted quietly as she brought her knees to her chest.

Hunter had come to the cockpit in an attempt to clear his own mind. After the mission, and hearing how much it affected Omega, he decided he couldn't sleep.

"Are you okay?" he asked as if he didn't hear her crying not too long ago, turning to her with concern written on his face.

Omega nodded her head hesitantly. "I just...couldn't sleep. That's all." She lied while looking at him. He could definitely tell that there was more on her mind than just not being able to sleep.

Omega looked out into the darkness of space that was dotted with white speckles. She always had trouble sleeping. Most nights she kept it to herself, but after the day's mission, it caused her mind to wander more than all the other times.

"Hunter—" Omega stopped, unsure if she should ask him her question. Like her, he probably had no idea either. It was a stupid question anyways.

Hunter saw the hesitation in Omega's eyes. The whole Nala Se meeting was really messing with her. The Sergeant got up, kneeling down in front of her chair.

"You can tell me whatever you want, Omega. I'll listen," he said gently.

Omega nodded slowly before restarting her question. "Hunter, have you ever hated someone so much because of the things they did to you, but still you can't help but care for them because they were there for you when you had no one?" Omega blurted out. She didn't need to elaborate on who 'they' was.

"It's okay to feel conflicted, Omega." Hunter motioned for her to slide over some. Omega quickly moved so he could sit and she could make herself comfortable on his lap.

"But why do I feel confused? She did a lot of bad things to me when I was younger, but when I saw her in danger...I got scared." Omega leaned against his chest, messing with a loose string on her sleeve.

"You said she took care of you." Hunter tried to understand "It's normal to care for someone deeply that was..." He was unsure if he should say parent figure. He didn't know their relationship that well. Omega never really brought it up, so he never asked.

"Like a mother," Omega said barely above a whisper.

Yeah, a very bad mother

"I heard you guys talking." Omega turned her head slightly to the side. "Is it true that Nala Se gave us information about the Empire?"

"Yeah, kid. She did." The mention of the disk sparked another memory. "There was something else too." Hunter reached over and took the small circular disk off the dashboard. "Wrecker said she recorded something for you. Said it would explain everything."