Reality P2

The Justifier shook as it came to a halt. Omega jolted awake from the sudden stop. For a moment she thought it was all another dream, but the condition she was in said otherwise. Her eyes were dry from all the tears she had shed. She was terrified. Her fear only spiked when the bounty hunter came back after what seemed like a few minutes since he left, deactivating the shield, yanking her to her feet.

"Time to go." He pulled her along, assuming she would have put up some kind of fight, but was surprised when there was no struggle.

Omega didn't care anymore. She had come to accept that her fate was now in the hands of people who probably wanted her dead. There was no point in hoping for a rescue that would never come.

"You changed since Bracca," the Duros huffed. "For someone traveling with three enhanced clones, I expected them to rub off on you."

It stung a little to hear those words. She had once been somewhat strong like them, or at least she tried to be, but all that vanished within a day.

"Guess it was all an act," he teased, making her grimace.

He led her down an open corridor that was overtaken by the clouds of the planet, making the abandoned facility even more eerie. The sound of a blast was heard at the far end, causing the hunter to freeze. He pulled her back, drawing his own blaster out.

"Hand her over, Bane." A woman, wearing mostly black with yellow decorating parts of her outfit stood above a dead body.

"Fennec Shand," Cad Bane addressed, pointing his blaster at her. "What are you doing here?"

Omega tugged at her cuffs upon seeing her. As if one bounty hunter wasn't enough.

"Give me the kid and I'll be on my way," Fennec demanded, kicking the body of the dead Kaminoan out of the way.

"Hand over my credits and then we'll talk."

A hand gripped Omega's forearm, tight enough to leave a bruise, causing her to flinch.

"You first."

Omega could see the change in the woman's stance. She knew what was about to come. As soon as she saw a hand reach for the side she ducked down, using all her strength she could muster to rip her arm out of Cad Bane's grasp.

She ran without any intention of stopping until the blaster fire behind her was no longer audible. Omega tried her hardest to remember where the bounty hunter's ship was. She slipped behind a wall, pulling down the gag that was limiting her breathing. She panted, trying to recover from the past few minutes. She didn't notice how her hands shook or how she was trembling just while standing. Some days she wondered if it would have been best to have stayed on Kamino. Sure, she would have been used further as an experiment and been completely dehumanized, but she would have spared the batch a lot of trouble and quite frankly, herself the now horrid memories of the world outside the water planet.

Omega peered out once more to check the path, turning to begin her escape. As she began to take the first few steps, she slammed into a massive object which knocked her to the ground. She raised her bound wrists to shield her face from whatever was awaiting her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Omega!"

Omega felt a weight being lifted off her shoulders.

"Wrecker?" she whispered, jumping to her feet. She flung herself into the large clone, wanting to feel protected again, but to also make sure he wasn't just her imagination playing with her.

"I got you kid." Wrecker picked her up, holding her close to his chest.

Omega felt herself relax. She truly thought she was going to have to sort everything out on her own. Though, there was the small part of her that felt guilty for causing so much trouble.

"Are you alright?" Wrecker's normally gruff and loud voice turned soft.

"Yeah, I think so." She was physically okay, but mentally was wounded beyond repair.

Once they made it to the ship, the feeling of guilt resurfaced, this time more than ever. Hunter was gone. She began to speculate the reason they had come to find her. Maybe it was to shame her for the loss of their leader. Maybe they wanted to collect the bounty for themselves as revenge. Maybe they were going to—

"Omega!"

Omega's stomach dropped. Her head leaned over the shoulder of a man with long brown hair, the red bandana peeking through the loose strands.

"H-H-Hunter?" she asked, the name stumbled off the tip of her tongue.

His arms released her. Only then did she notice how glassy his eyes were as well as the noticeable white bandage wrapped around his upper chest.

Hunter spun his knife around, cutting through the binders. "Omega, I am so sorry. I promised to protect you and I failed. I understand if you're upset with me, but I just want you to know—"

Omega started to sob. More than she did back in the cell on the Justifier. This time she was able to wrap her arms around him.

"I thought you were dead," she cried into the crook of his neck. "It was my fault. I'm the one who should be sorry. I didn't mean to get you nearly killed." Her shoulders shook violently.

Hunter rubbed calming circles on her back. "It's not your fault, Omega. It's no one's fault," he soothed. "I swear."

Omega wasn't sure if she believed him completely, but it filled her with enough peace to let sleep take over her wild mind.

Hunter carried her to the cockpit where the other's were waiting patiently.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Echo looked at the tear stained face of the sleeping child. His heart ached for her.

"Not for some time. She's been through quite an ordeal." Hunter carefully sat down in one of the chairs, trying not to disturb her.

"The most effective way to help her is to show affection, to assure safety. Children tend to find it comforting," Tech advised, handing the Sargent a warm blanket while Wrecker tucked Lula under her arm.

Hunter looked down, running his hand through her messy blonde locks.

"Then that's what we'll do."