Drinks

Crosshair let out an exaggerated sigh. Bouncing from mission to mission was tiring to say the least. The only thing keeping them coming back to Ord Mantell was the need for credits. Luckily they had somewhere to go, but it was becoming old. The batch was never one for routines. Crosshair contemplated the future of what would happen after the Empire, if there ever was an after. He took another swing at his drink, slamming the cup on the table.

"Another one? That's gotta be your third one today," Echo commented, pulling a stool out.

"You got a problem with that?" Crosshair grumbled, barely sparing the ARC a glance as he downed the beverage.

Echo reached over and poured himself a cup. "Nope, you seem to have the right idea. After the last mission Cid gave us, I'm surprised  Tech isn't here."

Crosshair nodded his head. The mission was eventful, that was for sure. Trying to keep out of sight from the Empire wasn't easy, especially when they were so noticeable.

As the sniper began pouring himself another glass full, he heard light footsteps patter from behind. Out of his peripheral vision he caught glimpse of the girl with a mop of messy blonde hair. "Hello!" Omega cheerfully greeted shifting sideways to face him.

Rolling his eyes, Crosshair sneered, "What is it?" He wasn't looking to have a conversation with the curious child at the moment.

Echo hit him with his metal stomp sending him a stern face. The young clone either ignored the snipers harsh words or didn't seem to notice. "Hey, Omega. What have you been up to?" Echo asked with a kind, interested tone to balance out the his brother's unfriendly one.

Omega shrugged, sighing. "I was helping Tech, but then I got bored. I don't know where Hunter is, and Wrecker's sleeping." She rested the side of her face on her palm. "What are you guys doing?"

"Nothing of your concern." The annoyance in Crosshair's voice rose.

"Not much, just having a drink," Echo rephrased, glaring at the sniper. Why must he always have an attitude towards his sister?

"Oh." Omega glanced at the cup that Crosshair had set down. " Can I have a sip?"

Her question caught Crosshair's attention, now drawing his eyes to actually focus on her. A barely noticeable smile spread on his lips. He reached over the bar, opening a new bottle of what Cid had claimed to be Mantell's Finest. He popped the lid off, pouring the strong liquid into a small cup filled with a little bit of meiloorun juice.

"Here," he said, the slight smirk still present on his face as he passed the kid the glass.

Omega smiled, bringing the rim to her lips. The aroma of the liquid wasn't too bad. She could slightly smell the bitterness despite the sweetness of the juice. It couldn't be that bad.

The ARC heard bits of their conversation as his attention was on the holonews, but when he looked back over, he watched in horror as Omega took a sip from the cup the sniper handed her. "Crosshair!" he snapped, eyes wide. "You can't give her—"

"She's fine," Crosshair said with a slight laugh hidden behind a sly grin as he blocked Echo's attempt to snatch the glass.

The sniper smirked as the kid's face scrunched up. She shoved the cup forward with a disgusted scowl. "That was the grossest thing I've ever drank," she said while trying to get the taste out of her mouth.

"Must be really great then," Crosshair chuckled lightly, downing what was left of her unwanted liquor. He was right. The alcohol did live up to its name.

Echo shook his head. Out of all people, it didn't surprise him that Crosshair would be the one to give a child alcohol.

"Why would you let her drink that," Echo scolded. "She's a kid, and kids can't have that kind of stuff! You should know better, what would Hunter say..."Echo started listing more reasons, rambling on about something to do with health. Crosshair shook his head, simply ignoring the lecture.

Just realized I haven't written much with Cross. I love him toooo. We were robbed of Crosshair in the show. He wasn't in it enough