Brothers

Hunter woke to an annoying vibration on his arm. He groaned as he stepped away from his bed, his armor clanking as he stood. It barely even felt like a few hours since returning from their last mission. He walked over to the rest of his brother's beds.

"Up and at'em. We got another mission." He lightly hit the side of Crosshair's shoulder. The sniper slowly opened one eye, glaring at the Sargent and turning the other way.

Hunter rolled his eyes, knowing he'd be up within a few minutes. He glanced over at Tech who was already starting to wake by himself along with Echo.

"What's the mission this time?" Echo mumbled while screwing on his prosthetic arm.

"We'll be given more detail in the briefing. All I know is that we're teaming up with a Jedi this time."

"Jedi, huh? Explosives better be involved!" Wrecker tossed his helmet between his hands.

"That tends to be most of our missions," Tech jumped in.

"Whatever it is, it better be worth my time," Crosshair snarled, "I hate working with the regs."

Hunter gave him a stern look. No matter their feelings about working with the regular clones, they had to do so. A mission was a mission. All personal matters would have to be set aside for the meantime.

"It's only one mission," Hunter said as they all packed up their gear.

"One mission too many," the marksman replied with distaste in his words.

"Aw, come on, Cross. It won't be that bad." Wrecker threw his sniper-rifle as they exited their quarters.

"I don't think I can take another water mission," Echo grumbled, gesturing to his hand and legs. "These are going to start rusting soon."

Hunter shook his head, a small smirk appeared on his lips. "You'll be fine on this one, Echo."

"If you want, I could find an alternative solution for your problem when we get back," Tech offered. He needed a new project anyways.

"Yeah. See what you can do." Echo nodded his thanks to him as they entered the hangar.

There was a transport already waiting for them to go. It shouldn't have been awkward for Echo, but now it was. He wasn't like the others anymore. Sometimes he didn't even feel like he belonged with the Bad Batch.

"Let's get this over," he murmured, walking over to the ship.

     The mission wasn't what they had expected and neither was the weather. To Echo's disappointment it just so happened to start raining as soon as they left for the base.

Echo grimaced as the metal connector rubbed against his flesh. Most times he could ignore it, but on this particular day it was more annoying. He brushed it off for a while, but it was getting to the point that he couldn't take it anymore.

"Hey, uh, Tech?" he asked timidly. "By any chance ya pack the oil for my prosthetics?"

Tech reached into his backpack and handed him the bottle. "We're approaching camp soon. Don't use it all, we're running low," he advised.

"Thanks." Echo took it and stashed in his belt pocket.

     The second they arrived Echo immediately sat down, taking what Tech had given him prior to arriving.

"What the kriff is that?"

Echo turned his head. A clone stared at him with disgust. He could feel his face turning red despite his paleness. He tried to not pay attention to him. Something he had to learn to do since Skako Minor.

"Hey, I'm talking to you."

"It's nothing of your concern," Echo snapped, not bothering to meet his gaze.

"Might wanna show some respect to your superiors," the reg spat.

Tech overheard the conversation. He didn't want to interject, but the last comment made his blood boil.

"You are not a superior. You are a regular clone of rank, just like us," Tech responded, pushing up his goggles.

The reg burst out laughing, making both bad batchers look at each other with confused faces.

"You're not like me, four eyes. In fact you're not like any of the others here." He pointed to the rest of his squad. "You're all screw ups." He then turned to Echo, eyeing him up and down. "No wonder Captain Rex left you with these guys."

Echo felt a ping of hurt and embarrassment spread through him. He could feel his eyes starting to burn. He closed his fists tight, trying to keep his emotions in. He wouldn't show weakness.

"You wanna say that again?" Echo whipped his head up. Crosshair stood with his hand gripping the reg's arm.

"I will if—AH!"

Crosshair's fingers tightened as he twisted the reg's arm behind him. The scream was loud enough to catch others' attention.

"Whoa, Crosshair! Let him go!" Hunter ran over placing a firm hand on his shoulder.

"Why should I?" the sniper asked unkindly, "He insulted them." He jerked his head in Echo and Tech's direction.

"He did what?" Wrecker marched over, a menacing glare on his face. "Let me talk to him," he punched his hand with his fist.

"What?! You guys are crazy!" the clone shouted, squirming in Crosshair's grasp.

Hunter bit his lip. "Let him go, Cross," he said calmly, giving him a look.

Crosshair rolled his eyes, letting the reg go.

"Don't talk to my men that way," Hunter growled, towering over the clone on the ground.

"R-Right," the normal clone backed up, scrambling to get away, nearly running into Wrecker.

"Yeah, you better run!" The muscular one called after.

Hunter watched as he went back to the group of white armored clones. He sighed, turning back to the rest.

"What did he say?" he asked, noticing the sad look on Echo's face.

Echo shook his head. "It's not important. He was a di'kut anyways," he muttered. He knew that what the trooper said wasn't true. Rex understood. It was his choice to stay with the batch and Rex respected it.

"If you need to talk, you can always talk to us."

"We're used to it, Hunter. The comments never differ," Tech said it like a fact that would never change, which Hunter knew was probably true, but didn't want to admit.

"You shouldn't have to deal with this. None of us should." The Sargent hated that it was the reality they lived in. Despite everything, they were all brothers. A few alterations shouldn't change that.

"We got each other, that's good enough," Wrecker wrapped his arms around each of the members.

Sorry these are taking longer to get out. But I've seen the comments and am working on some drafts. School has just been so stressful:/