Gone P2

Tech landed the Marauder back on Ord Mantell. He hesitated to wake Omega from her slumber. Dried tears were still visible on her face from hours before. Tech made sure that she was still fast asleep before stepping out of the cockpit.

He wandered to the back of the now silent ship. It would take some getting used to for sure. He always begged his brothers before for some silence as he worked on a series of his projects, but he would trade anything to bring back the chaos.

He pulled up a star chart, his eyes fixing back on the first planet they visited after leaving Kamino. He had never prepared himself for the whole situation. He didn't think that his brothers would have departed from him so soon. The worst was that Omega was left with only him. He wished that it was different. Deep down he felt that he wasn't enough for her. He couldn't care for her the way that Hunter or Wrecker did. They had a knack for being good with children, a skill he desperately would need to raise Omega alone.

Tech, with a heavy heart, commed the person he knew that would give Omega the best life she could imagine. When the caller didn't pick up right away, he decided to just leave a message.

"Hello, Cut. I'm not quite sure how to put these in simple terms without going into depth, but aside from Omega and I, we are all that's left of our squad." He hated that his goggles started to fog up again, knowing what he was about to say. "Perhaps it is best that Omega joins you. I am very fond of her, but I am not capable of giving her what she deserves unlike you who can supply her with a child's needs."

Tech took in a deep wobbly breath, finishing. "If that is alright with you. Comm me when you receive this."

His finger hovered over the send button. He wanted so badly to keep her safe and Cut seemed like the best option. What was at first an easy thought was now a decision that he could live to regret the rest of his life.

"Tech?"

Tech spun around. He came face to face with a wide-eyed girl. Her expression showed all signs of that of a person who was betrayed. Tech dropped the communication device from shock.

"Omega, I —"

Omega blinked through the new round of tears as she turned her back on him, storming out of the ship.

Omega ran. If Tech wanted her gone so bad, then he didn't need someone to take her off his hands. She could do that perfectly well on her own.

Ord Mantell was more shady at night. She knew that what she was doing was stupid, but her feelings were controlling her every move. The rules that she had become so set on following were erased from her mind, now stumbling across a dark and unknown part of the city.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all," she whispered to herself. Omega placed a hand on her stomach, noticing how hungry she was. The last time she had eaten was... with Wrecker.

She sighed, trying to navigate her way back towards the inner part of the city.

Tech took off after the child, but her being so small made it easy to lose sight of her. After a few minutes Omega was lost to the crowd of people.

"Omega!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. He continued his search until his throat was raw. He leaned against a wall, taking his head in his hands. He had failed yet another time. First Crosshair, then the rest of the batch and now Omega. Tech couldn't take it.

"It should have been me," he murmured to himself. "Not them." He slowly began to make his way back to Cid's, being extra careful not to miss sight of any young blonde clones.

Omega finally came to a clearing that she had recognized. The Mantell Mix stand was still surprisingly open. She walked up to the owner, standing on her toes to greet them.

"One carton of mix, please."

"Where's the big guy?" the Pantoran asked, handing her the snack, unaware of how his words stabbed the girl in the heart.

"Not here, obviously," she grumbled. "Put it on Cid's tab," she said before the seller could say anything else.

Omega found a bench by an old water fountain. The sound was soothing, helping her forget the past events not long ago. She munched on the sugary popcorn, being mindful of how much she ate. Hunter and Echo would have scolded her for devouring the treat. She placed the carton next to her once full. The pain from Tech's words started eating at her. Did he really want to give her up? After everything that happened? She couldn't lose him too. Even if he wasn't dead, not being around him would be the same.

"Omega!"

Omega's head perked up upon hearing her name. She saw Tech with his hands cupped around his mouth. He looked tired, worried and scared. The feelings she was experiencing a few minutes ago turned into guilt. She didn't mean to worry him, but she knew the second she ran would have caused that.

"Tech!" she shouted, waving her hand. The goggled clone came rushing over.

"You can't run off like that, Omega. This planet isn't the safest in the slightest. You could have been kidnapped or worse killed," Tech rambled on about the possible scenarios, but stopped once he saw her face fall.

"I'm sorry." She turned away from him, guilt building up.

"It's...It's okay. As long as you're safe." Tech sat down next to her. The silence was awkward between them. Neither one of them sure when to start the conversation.

"I don't want to leave you," Omega blurted out. "I know you think that it's best for me, but I don't think it is," her voice shook, holding back tears. "You're all I have left."

Her words pulled at his heart. "I am the one who should be sorry. I shouldn't have tried to make a decision for you that would change everything in your life without consulting you first." Tech timidly placed an arm around her. Omega leaned into his side.

"I want to stay with you," she whispered.

Tech gently rubbed her arm. He wasn't Hunter. He would never be, but the least he could do was allow her that one request. The one he needed to hear from her.

"Then here you'll stay, ad'ika."

I love Tech and Omega so much!!!!🥺🥺