Delayed

Omega sighed with disappointment as the sight of Wrecker's dramatic wave was cut off by the sealing of the large doors. Once again, she was left out on the mission. The missions that Hunter had promised her that she wouldn't have to sit out on, yet here she was again. Alone on the ship for the next hour.

Tech had left her a list of studies for her to work on. He had been drilling her on facts such as imperial ships, planets and hand signals. For the most part, Omega enjoyed it...that was until he was constantly quizzing her at random times daily. She tried to keep up, but Tech was persistent in cramming knowledge into her head.

Omega's boots clanked against the metal ladder as she climbed back up to the gunner's mound; swiping her datapad, Omega slumped sideways in the chair as she scrolled through the lesson plans. It didn't take long for her to lose interest in them. She found herself five minutes later reaching for her energy bow that was resting just below her feet. Crosshair had said that she needed more practice.

Omega thought to herself. Hunter never said she couldn't go outside the ship. With a mischievous grin, the young clone hopped out of the chair, jumping down the small ledge with bow in hand. She opened the doors, stepping out into the cool crisp air.

A light drizzle brushed against her face as she strolled to a small batch of medium sized trees.

The perfect targets.

Omega pulled back the bow string, repeating Crosshair's instructions in her head, her lips mumbling the most important parts. She let go, watching as the purple energy line stabbed through the thin branch she had her eyes set on.

"Yes!" Omega cheered, giving a little jump of joy at the small accomplishment.

She continued her practice until her fingers and arms were starting to lose feeling from the constant pulling back and partially from the temperature that had begun to drop rapidly.

Satisfied with her progress, Omega slowly walked back to the Marauder. She longed for the warmth of the ship now. Perhaps even taking time to go back to her studies.

Once reaching the Havoc Marauder, Omega went straight for Hunter's bunk, grabbing the sergeant's blanket. Once snuggled up, surrounded by the warmth, Omega began to read through the list of imperial ships. It wasn't the most fun, but Tech had insisted that she would need to know this vital information.

She was halfway through the ship's descriptions when the sounds of loud male voices were heard from a distance.

Omega perked up, a wide smile spreading across her face. She expected the mission to be longer. She sprang forward, wasting no time in opening the doors to welcome her brothers.

"Hunter! You're back so—" Omega's smile faded almost immediately. She felt as if someone had just punched her in the stomach.

"Hello, Omega."

"You!" Omega began backing away, almost tripping as she stepped back into the main hold. "You destroyed everything!" She had only seen his face once via hologram back on Pantora. As time passed on, his face worked it's way into her nightmares.

Now that nightmare was a reality.

"I took care of what needed to be done," Rampart simply stated as he walked slowly up the ramp. "Now it seems that there's something else I need to take care of."

Omega swallowed hard as her back pressed against the wall.

"While your brothers are off chasing my troops, they left you here helpless."

Omega clenched her fists. "I am not helpless!" she snapped, catching the admiral off guard.

Rampart chuckled darkly as he hovered his hand over his blaster. The kid and Clone Force 99 had caused him enough trouble. For over a year now, he had been played by them. Fight after fight, each time ending in his loss. For once, he had the upper hand.