Whatever is Necessary

Pabu had finally succumbed to the Empire. Terror spread throughout the paradise in the dead of night. Troopers broke into homes, bashing and tearing through each hut from top to bottom until there was nothing left. Villager's screams and cries filled the air as they were shoved with blasters pointed aggressively in their faces toward the center of Upper Pabu.

Crosshair's eyes narrowed as he scanned through the bustling crowd below from his cover in the midst of the weeping maya tree, trying to scope out the area for his target. He bit down on his toothpick as his nerves spiked. At last, after long moments of searching, two figures came out of the chaos. One tall and one small. It took everything in the sniper to keep from shooting the larger of the latter right then and there.

"Hunter, I have them in my sights. You're good to initiate Plan 84."

"Copy that." Hunter's response was short and concise. The sniper could hear the slight waver in his brother's voice as he cut the call.

Now the waiting game began.

Omega struggled against the cuffs that bound her hands tightly behind her back. She knew it was only a matter of time before the Empire found her again. While she was prepared for the impending danger coming her way, the cruelty of the Empire still scared her to the core.

CX-2 paid no attention to her as he dragged the rustling clone toward the transport resting a few feet ahead of them.

"Don't waste your energy, it's no use," the assassin hissed, clearly annoyed by the fuss she was making.

Omega kicked at his shins, refusing to leave without putting up a fight. "Let go!" she shouted, trying her best to cause as much delay as possible.

CX-2 rolled his eyes under his helmet at the girl's tugging. He knew of one way to shut her up for the meantime. "Do it," he commanded, signaling to his operatives.

Before Omega could comprehend what he was talking about, a loud explosion rang through the air. Omega's hearing went muffled as the night sky lit up in a flurry of ash and metal. That's when she saw it.

The Marauder.

Gone.

Blown to smithereens.

"NO!" A cry ripped from her throat as she stared at her once home now erupting in flames. She tried to run toward the fire but was stopped by her captor's intense grip on her restraints causing her to falter.

CX-2, having enough of her defiance, pushed the young girl to the ground. Omega let out a surprised gasp. Without hands to break her fall, Omega hit the stone floor head first. Dots danced in front of her vision, but she was given no time to recollect herself from the sudden fall before she was yanked back up.

"I have Hemlock's priority. Call off the attack," CX-2 ordered, shoving Omega into the imperial transport.

One of the troopers aboard the ship caught the stumbling girl in his arms. Omega leaned on him, trying to stabilize herself. His armor was coated in black soot from the remains of the Marauder. 

"Sedate her," the assassin demanded, "She's a feisty one."

Omega's eyes widened as the trooper reluctantly reached for the sedative on his belt. He gingerly pushed aside her hair as the needle settled on her neck, sending a chilling reminder of her time on Kamino through her mind. Omega sent a barely registerable nod as if to give him permission despite her situation. She felt the sharp prick and immediately after she was lifted and fastened into one of the chairs with a harness. Once even more restrained her world started to give into the effect of the sedative. She acknowledged the dirty-armored trooper one last time as her eyes grew heavy until she could no longer keep them open.