Twin Bandanas

Buckle in y'all, it's a long one🫠🤭
———————————————————————————

     The light from the top side of Coruscant barely reached down to the depths of level 1313. The artificial yellow street lights cast an uncomfortable warm glow along the walkways, the only occasional pops of color were from vivid flashing party lights coming from an out of control club. Echo stood tall as he led the batch down the twisted seedy alley's.

It had been months after the fall of Kamino.

Omega had to admit being off the empire's radar was a huge relief. The batch finally had time to take a breath and settle into a routine. The first step was acquiring new attire. Hunter had taken her shopping in the Pantoran markets where she obtained proper clothes: a red shirt, navy blue jacket, and new sturdy brown boots. Her blonde locks had gotten longer, just barely short of Hunter's. She couldn't wait until her hair surpassed his.

While the batch was still taking missions for Cid, it had become more regular. This mission, however, had a shroud of darkness hovering over it.

"So what are we looking for again?" Omega asked, taking in the foreign surroundings. Ord Mantell was bad, but this was a whole new level, enough to make Echo wary.

"We're looking for an illegal spice shipment," Hunter answered. "Cid didn't give us a specific address, only an area code."

"Luckily for us, we have a three-mile radius to explore," Tech said, eyes still glued to his holopad as he typed away.

"How is that lucky?" Wrecker asked with a perplexed expression to which Tech let out an exasperated sigh, withdrawing his eyes from the screen. "I was being sarcastic, Wrecker." He shook his head in a disappointed manner at how his obvious choice of tone flew over the brute's head. "The most logical solution would be to split up and search for the warehouse in pairs."

Hunter felt uneasy at the suggestion, but he knew Tech was right. Though he still hated the thought of separating in Coruscant's lower levels of all places.

"Fine. Echo and Tech, you're with me." Hunter turned slowly toward Wrecker, giving him a look. "Wrecker, you and Omega—"

"Yes!" The two simultaneously cheered whilst high-fiving each other. Hunter waved his hand, gaining back their attention.

"No goofing off you two," the sergeant said sternly. "I mean it. Danger's no stranger down in these parts. Omega, do not go wandering off, you hear?"

"Yes, sir," Omega said part mockingly but still gave Hunter a sharp understanding nod.

"Alright then. Stick together and comm if you find anything."

Wrecker hoisted the small clone onto his shoulders. "You got nothin' to worry about, Sarge!"

"Wrecker," Hunter warned, "keep a low profile, would you?"

"Oh, right." Wrecker gently set a giggling Omega back on the ground. "Now, you got nothin' to worry about," he said in a hushed tone.

"They'll be fine, Hunter," Tech said, patting the sergeant's shoulder. "We should get going too."

Hunter sighed. He was trying to be less protective of Omega. He wouldn't always be next to her, besides, she was probably becoming tired of his constant nagging. It was out of love, but even he tended to find himself overdoing it. She was growing up, and therefore needed to be trusted to handle herself, especially in their complicated lives.

"Let's get this over with. I don't want us to be down here longer than we need to."

Hunter threw one last glance over his shoulder, unbeknownst of the dangers he had just mentioned lurking not too far from them.