Malfunction P1

Omega shined her torch down the endless maze of tunnels. It had been a while since she had seen actual sunlight. She didn't mean to get lost, but she became distracted by colorful writing on one of the large stone walls. During the time it took her to read it, the old forgotten tunnels decided to collapse, separating her from the way she came in. She feared Hunter's wrath when he would find out that she needed help, which would be in the next few minutes since she wouldn't meet their agreed curfew. Omega sighed, knowing she wouldn't be able to explore without Tech or Echo for a while.

"Hunter? Come in." She tried her comm again, but the signal was weak. It was of no use. She let out a frustrated huff before continuing her way around to try and find an exit.

"Ugh!" she exclaimed upon turning into another dead end. "I'm not getting anywhere!" She angrily hit the side wall with all of her might which turned out to be a bad idea. Pain erupted from her knuckles. Her face scrunched up as she gently cradled her fist to her chest, glaring at the rock. At times like these, she wished she had Wrecker's strength. She turned back around, wandering aimlessly.

"Hunter! Echo! Wrecker! Tech!" She cupped her hands around her mouth in hopes that somehow they would hear her. Her voice bounced off the walls, becoming fainter by the second as it traveled down the labyrinth.

Suddenly, another loud crumbling was heard from above. Omega snapped her head up, her eyes widening as the unstable cave shook once more like before.

"No no no no no!" She threw her hands over her head and dove as far as she could just as the ceiling fell through, causing an ear-wrenching crash. The dust from the rubble filled the air, making it toxic to breathe.

Omega coughed up the gray musk. She placed a palm to her aching head, right above her temple. Her ears were ringing, any noise sounding like distant whistling.

"Kid?" She heard from out of the blue. What was Hunter doing there? When did he arrive?

"Omega, can you hear me?" He sounded worried. Omega felt a part of her calm down. It was nice to know he wasn't too upset with her. Maybe he would still let her explore on her own after all.

"Omega!"

"I can hear you, Hunter," she managed to say, wincing at the volume of his voice. "How did you find me?" She could feel his hands steady her as she was hoisted to her feet.

"Tracked you. Now, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" He brushed off her question and went straight to his own.

Omega shook her head, an immense amount of pain shot through her brain.

"I'm okay."

Hunter gave her a suspicious glance, but didn't ask again. "Come on, you had the boys and I worried when you didn't come back." He gestured towards the way he came.

Omega nodded, trailing after him. Every so often the shooting pain in her head disappeared, but it always came back. She straightened her energy bow on her back, her hands having the need to touch it.

Hunter sensed something was wrong. Omega wasn't telling him something. He had already seen her hand. He took in account the fact that she didn't say anything when he asked if she was hurt. He settled on the idea that she was trying to prove she was tough enough to handle a minor injury.

"Omega, when we arrive back at the ship I want you to report straight to Tech. Those scrapes need to be cleaned."

Omega rolled her eyes. It wasn't that serious.

"Got it, soldier?" Hunter asked.

Omega was about to respond when her head began to pound. She didn't know what was wrong with her. Her mind slipped into a state that she had never experienced before.

"S-Soldier?" she questioned. "G-S-s —Y-Yes sir," she stumbled through her sentence, but only said the last part loud enough for Hunter to hear.

Good soldier. Lama Su told her she would be a good soldier. She would do good for the Empire. He said that during a test where Nala Se was forced to step out. He whispered it into her ear as she was strapped to a medical bed. She was the secret that no one would suspect. She would complete her training then. She was a good soldier, but she wouldn't know that until she was given the order.

Omega feels her hands begin to fidget. She shouted at herself as they found their way to her bow. She was a traitor, but so was he. If she was able to—no, this was Hunter. Hunter, who she looks up to. The one who protects her no matter what. She can't, but it's an order. Lama Su might hurt her if she fails.

"H-Hunter," she calls, sweat dripping down the side of her forehead. Her vision becomes shaky as she tries to keep her target in sight. "Hunter?" she calls again, this time her lip quivers.

It hurts her even more to see that Hunter hesitantly raised his blaster at her. His own demeanor was similar to hers. The confusion, clear as a summer sky on Naboo.

"Omega? What are you doing?" Hunter asked, his fearful eyes slicing at her heart.

"I-I don't know. Hunter, please help. I can't think straight!" Omega shouted, taking her already injured hand and bashing it against her head repeatedly.

"Omega, stop! You're going to hurt yourself."

She could feel muscular arms wrap around her, preventing any further external pain, but that pain was bearable. It was the inside that was searing.

"Good—NO! Hunter, get off! Good soldiers f-f-follow—" Omega squeezed her eyes shut, trying to shake out the phrase, but the agony was too great.

"I'm sorry, Omega. I'm so sorry." Hunter took one hand away from the squirming child to reach for his blaster.

"G-Good—no no no." Omega felt the cool tip of the blaster press into her side. She was going to be okay. It was okay to say it knowing she couldn't hurt anyone then. The pain would halt for a short period of time.

"G—Good soldiers follow orders," she finally let herself say.

Hunter closed his eyes as he pulled the trigger to his blaster. A blue stun ring engulfed Omega as she went limp in his arms.

Hey y'all. Sorry it's been a week or more since the last update. I got back from a school trip on Thursday and aren't feeling the best rn. Hope it ain't covid or whatever else is going around. This has been sitting in my drafts and I was hoping to actually make it a oneshot, but SURPRISE. Honestly, I should rly just rename this The Bad Batch Two shots with how many part two's there are😂 

Hope everyone had a great day!!