Safe

Omega smiled as Ketch slammed his fist on the Dejarik table. Despite what he claimed he would do, she had beaten him the fifth time in a row. Bolo was smart enough to have given up after two, but Ketch wouldn't let a 'child' beat him again. To his surprise, she had actually improved, which was something he didn't know was possible.

"You can keep your credits," Omega said sweetly, already having quite a handful from her previous wins.

Ketch shook his head, pushing them towards her. "No, no, you won them, kid."

"If you say so." Omega shrugged, tucking away the pieces of metal in her pocket as he got up from the table, taking a new seat at the bar.

"Hey, Tiny?" Cid's voice called out, "When's Dark and Broody gonna come and pick you up. I don't have all day to babysit."

Omega made a face. She wasn't a baby. She had tried to reason with Hunter to let her go on the mission, but wherever it was, he seemed serious about her not going. However, he said it wouldn't take too long and that they should be back around 2300.

Omega looked down at her comm, reading 2245. "They should be back on planet in fifteen minutes," she said, climbing up on a stool next to Bolo who had stayed there most of the day.

"Great," Cid sarcastically grumbled. She was supposed to close half an hour ago, but she had promised Bandana that she would watch over the kid. "Alright, you two, scram," she directed her gaze to each of the regulars, taking their glasses that were still full of alcohol.

Bolo and Ketch shot her an annoyed glare, but left within a few minutes.

Cid let out a tired sigh. "I've got one last meeting for the day. Sorry to say that you can't be a part of it. Either you clean up or try to get in contact with Goggles about getting here sooner."

Omega felt a bit guilty. Cid had more important things to do than watch over her, though she didn't think it was necessary. An idea suddenly went off in her head.

"You know, they should be back really soon. I could go ahead and start walking there. I know the way and it's not too long." She suggested, only trying to make the situation easier for both herself and Cid.

Cid's reaction wasn't what she expected.

"No way, Tiny. Ord Mantell isn't safe at this time of night. Especially for people like...well, you."

Omega didn't know how to take that sentence. She took on stormtroopers, so she was more than qualified to handle a few drunks.

"I know how to fight," she said defensively, crossing her arms. "Wrecker's been training me in combat." Not only that, but she had an energy bow.

Cid scoffed. "Yeah, someone of your height and strength is gonna do some real damage to much tougher species that roam the streets. I don't call you Tiny for nothing. Look, I needa go. Don't make any stupid decisions. Wait for Dark and Broody to come and get ya." With that, she disappeared behind the back wall.

"I'm not helpless, you know. Why does everyone treat me like I am?" She asked the empty room. She eyed the door. She could still make it back to them before they arrived. It would save them the walk there and back as well. She would be helping. Tossing a look over her shoulder and adjusting her bow, Omega walked out of the parlor and into the dark dangerous streets of Ord Mantell, not knowing of the sudden plight she had put herself in.

The young clone knew the streets like the back of her hand. The planet was almost like a second home; not the nicest place but it had familiar faces at least. She turned into a dark street between two buildings. It was the last stretch before arriving back to where the Marauder usually landed.