Chapter Two

"Well! He hooks up with random girls every alternate night. He doesn't want commitments. He's a college dropout. He isn't serious about anything and isn't worth crushing on," said Sofia with a sigh. She could go on and on about Colton since there was nothing she liked about the guy.

"Impressive! Well let me decide that? I've already fallen for him, so it's no use warning me off him," said Victoria with a giggle.

"Vicky, this isn't a joke. Stop daydreaming about Colton Glenn, " said Sofia sternly. 

"I can't. I'm coming down to Reno right after my exams," said Victoria excitedly. 

"No Vicky. I'll come down to see you next month," said Sofia. 

"We'll see about that," said Victoria. They disconnected the call and Victoria excitedly searched for flights to Reno. She was unstoppable and would definitely go in a few days. She studied hard and soon her assessment too was complete. She packed her suitcase and booked herself a ticket to Reno soon after her exam was over. 

With her heart beating fast she got down from the cab and paid the cab driver. She hadn't informed Sofia of her arrival and wanted to surprise her. She somehow sensed that her twin didn't want her to come over and meet Colton.  Why, she had no idea! He was bad but what harm could he do to her? She walked towards the front door of the huge mansion that looked like a majestic castle. 

"Wow! This is a palace! I wish I too could marry a prince like Sofia had," she said, clasping her hands together. Then gathering her wits together, she pulled her suitcase and stood in front of the front door. She rang the doorbell and waited impatiently. How would Sofia react upon seeing her? Would she be happy? It had been so long since they had met! 

The door opened and a middle-aged woman peeped at her. "Hi, is Sofia there?" She asked her. The woman inspected her minutely and then opened the door wide and let her inside. 

"Can you wait for a few minutes? I'll just go and call Sofia downstairs. She'll be with you in a minute," said Greta. Victoria nodded with a smile.

"Sure, take your time," she said. Greta rushed upstairs and in a few minutes, a dazed and sleepy Sofia came down the stairs. 

"Sofiiiiiiiii," squealed Victoria when she noticed that her twin hadn't seen her yet. Sofia stood shocked, seeing Victoria right in front of her eyes. Victoria ran towards her and wrapped her arms around her in a bear hug. 

"Vicky? What are you doing here? I thought I asked you not to come," said Sofia, not looking very pleased to see her twin here at her house. Victoria released her and looked hurt. She sensed that something was wrong. Sofia wasn't looking normal and happy as she usually looked. She looked exceptionally pale as if she wasn't well. 

"Aren't you happy to see me, Sofi?" She asked with a pout. 

"Of course I am but don't get your hopes up on Colton, " whispered Sofia so that Greta couldn't hear their conversation. Victoria rolled her eyes at her twin. She knew that her twin would instantly know the purpose of her surprise visit. 

"God! What's wrong with you? I just came to see you," said Victoria but Sofia knew her too well. Victoria never gave up and therefore she wasn't that easily convinced. 

"Why didn't mom and dad come along?" Asked Sofia. Victoria shrugged. 

"They're busy as always. I couldn't wait for them forever," she rolled her eyes. 

"Won't you introduce me to your twin, Sofia?" Asked Greta warmly. Sofia smiled and pulled Victoria towards her. 

"Greta, this is Victoria and Vicky, this is Greta. The way she takes care of me, she's nothing less than mom," said Sofia. Greta looked at her lovingly.