Chapter Eight

“Goodness! You’re so cheesy, Colton! If I didn’t know you better, I would almost have believed that you'd fallen for me already,” said Victoria, extracting herself from his hold. It was true that being in his arms had brought sinful thoughts to her mind but she wasn’t that weak to give in. She knew better! But Colton grasped hold of her hand and she couldn’t escape.

“You’re getting smarter day by day. I thought you’d fall for my second try,” smirked Colton. Victoria’s eyes grew wider with the realization. So that was his second attempt while she hadn’t been able to carry out any. What an experienced player he was! 

“You’re an experienced player while I’m just a novice at this but there’ll come a day when I’ll beat you at your own game, “ swore Victoria. Colton’s smirk went wider. 

“I’ll wait for that day!” he said, his eyes flashing with a fire that Victoria failed to understand. 

“Anyway, good luck at making your own lunch and having it all by yourself. Have a lonely lunch, bye,” said Victoria, ready to flee. Her plan didn’t work so what was the use of staying? She needed to come up with something better. However, with Colton’s hand grasping onto her wrist, she couldn’t escape as easily as she had thought. 

“Colton, you’re hurting me. Let me go,” she muttered at him.

“No, stay for lunch. We can always make it together, “ he offered. Victoria’s stomach grumbled thinking about his exotic cooking. Should she stay back and grab a bite before running away? Surely he wouldn’t eat her instead of his delicious lunch? “I’m making Pork Chops with creamy Mustard Noodles, “ he whispered into her ear, his mouth brushing against her ear lobes, before releasing her hand and walking over to the refrigerator. A tremor went down Victoria’s body which should have already warned her to run for her life yet the name of the dish he was making was enough to make her mouth water. 

“What help do you require?” she asked, giving up. 

“Nothing, just watch me cook,” said Colton with a grin, his fingers going to the buttons of his shirt. He popped them open one by one while holding her gaze. Victoria’s eyes widened with horror. Why was he stripping? 

“What exactly are you doing?” she asked with a horrified expression on her face. 

“I cook in the nude, “ he drawled casually with a shrug. Victoria’s eyes went wider and she turned and ran out of the kitchen as fast as her legs could carry her. She ran out of his apartment before he could realize what was happening. She rushed down the stairs and out of the building in the blink of an eye. As she was halfway to the main gate, she heard Colton’s voice calling out to her.

“Wait, Victoria. I was just kidding,” he yelled out but Victoria wasn’t listening. She ran out of his gates like a hurricane was chasing her. She ran all the way to Sofia’s house, looking pale and shocked. 

“Have you seen a ghost?” asked Sofia curiously when she opened the door.  

“No, the devil himself, “ said Victoria, clutching at her heart to steady it.

“Who? Colton?” asked Sofia with a chuckle. Victoria gave her a look. Was it so obvious?

“Forget it. So any news of your husband?” she asked her twin. Sofia shook her head slowly, her face again filled with pain and dejection. 

“Give me his number. I’ll remind him of his duties,” said Victoria angrily.

“I don’t want to force anyone to call me, Vicky. If he doesn’t want to, it’s his wish,” said Sofia. 

Greta came out of the kitchen. “Lunch is ready, girls. Are you eating now?” she asked. 

“In fifteen minutes, Greta. Let me freshen up first,” said Victoria rushing to her room. She freshened up and changed into her comfortable signature shorts and a red top and walked out of her room. As she approached the dining room, she could hear Sofia talking to some man. Was Davion back? Curious, she walked to the dining room but her eyes popped out seeing Colton there instead. He looked up at her the moment she entered the room with a smirk on his face. Victoria ignored him and sat down at the table quietly.

“Won’t you even look at me, Victoria? I’m hurt. I made lunch for you and came all the way to feed you and you’re just ignoring me?” he asked with an amused look on his face. Victoria looked startled and guilty by what he said. He cooked and came all the way just to feed her? No guy had ever done so much for her before!

“Oh!” she gasped, looking at the huge casserole full of food that he had brought.

“Colton, this is the biggest surprise of my life!” Exclaimed Greta with a hand on her heart. “In my five years of service, I’ve never seen you do such a favour to anyone. Are you sick or something?” chuckled a shocked Greta. Victoria blushed crimson at the k owing glances that she was receiving from Sofia and Greta. 

“Why don’t you join us for lunch, Colton?” asked Sofia. Colton grinned.

“I was waiting for you to ask me,” he chuckled and pulled out a chair and sat beside Victoria. He served her the food he prepared and picking up a fork full, he held it out to her. “Tell me how it is, “ he said feeding her the bite. Victoria was in heaven and she closed her eyes and chewed, savouring the heavenly taste of the food. 

“Mmmm, too good,” she said. Opening her eyes, she noted her twin and Greta sharing a look between themselves. 

“I’m glad you like it,” said Colton but his eyes had a strange gleam in them which Victoria couldn’t understand. They were just sharing lunch, so what made him so excited? They discussed the work that Davion had at New York and finally lunch was over. 

“Thanks for the wonderful lunch, Colton,” said Sofia. Colton bowed at her like a chivalrous gentleman and Sofia grinned. He gave Greta a hug and looked at Victoria finally. 

“Walk with me. I need to talk to you,” he told Victoria. She got up and followed him outside.  

Colton turned and caught her hand, pulling her along with him. “Where are you taking me, Colton?” she asked, looking confused. He pulled her along with a determined look on his face, ignoring her question completely. What was wrong with him? Colton pulled her towards the back of Davion’s house, behind the garage. Victoria looked around suspiciously. 

“Why are we here, Colton?” she asked when he whirled her around to face him, her back touching the wall of the garage. 

“I expect something in return for everything that I’m doing for you,” he growled, as if irritated and frustrated with something. Victoria’s jaws dropped. 

“I did offer to cook for you, whatever I can,” she said in a hurt voice. Did she look like the person who would ever take advantage of him? “In fact, I never asked you to do anything for me. Why are you doing it?” she asked, glaring at him. Colton looked furiously at her.

“Where was this fire when I was feeding you? You were moaning with pleasure then Now how can you refuse to return the favour?” he said, coming dangerously close. Victoria sank back against the wall.

“What favour are you asking for? I can’t sleep with you for this? Maximum, I can cook for you twice just like you’ve done, “ said Victoria angrily. 

He lowered his head, his nose almost touching hers as his piercing, angry green eyes burned her with his gaze. “It should be at par with my cooking to be counted, “ he threatened. “Else you have to give me two kisses in return. You have two days only,” he stated, with a glare, walking off angrily towards his own house.

Victoria gaped at his retreating back with horror. Did he just ask for two kisses from her? She shook her head in a daze. What had she gotten herself into? She had to ask Greta and learn something exotic to cook. That was the only way she could save herself from this sticky situation. She would give her all to this. She wouldn’t let Colton Glenn kiss her! Determined, she stomped into the house. 

“Greta can you teach me how to make something exotic?” she asked Greta hopefully. Sofia giggled hearing her request. 

“What is this? A cooking competition between Master Chef Colton Glenn and the Disastrous Cook, Victoria Blakesley?” Laughed Sofia. 

“I’m not a Disastrous Cook, okay? I’ll prove to him that I’m equally good,” said Victoria. Greta smiled. 

“You’ll never win against Colton, dear. He can be very ruthless. Stay away from him as much as you can,” advised a frowning Greta. 

“I wish I could, Greta, “ thought Victoria with a sigh. She had no idea of the growing obsession that Colton was feeling for her!