Chapter Six

Victoria was mentally too occupied about the horrifying bet she had with Colton to give much attention to anything else the next few days. She kept thinking about why she agreed in the first place. Sofia's health wasn't improving and she found Davion's attitude towards his pregnant wife very irresponsible. While Sofia waited for his call every day, he was least bothered to do so. 

She had been trying to avoid any interactions with Colton for the last few days, going out only during the day when he was at his office. So far she had been successful but with the weekend coming up, she knew that he would grab hold of her again. 

It was evening and Victoria walked briskly towards Sofia's house. She had gone to the mall nearby when Sofia was sleeping and got late. She chided herself for losing track of time. Colton would be back from work and she didn't want to meet him again. No one knew what he would be having up his sleeve when he met her again. 

"Why are you running?" Came Colton's voice as she passed his gate. Turning he saw him sitting in his car outside the gate, ready to go somewhere. 'Thank God, he's going somewhere. He wouldn't be interested to bug me," thought Victoria with glee.

"I'm not running. I'm walking briskly," she pointed out. He climbed outside his car and walked up to her, looking extremely gorgeous in a pair of jeans and a black dress shirt. 

"It's the same thing. So who are you running away from, this time?" He asked with amusement in his voice. 

"Why should I need to run away from someone? Am I a thief or what?" Asked Victoria in return. Colton laughed. Of course she was a thief! She had stolen his peace of mind but he couldn't tell her that. 

"What's there to laugh at?" Asked Victoria, grumpily.

"Nothing! Come in. I have something to show you," said Colton. Victoria's interest was intrigued. 

"But aren't you going out?" She asked him with a puzzled look on her face.

"Nothing important. I was just bored at home being all alone," he shrugged, handing his car keys to his security guard at the gate and leading her inside. 

"What is it that you want to show me?" She asked curiously. Colton smiled as they walked down the driveway towards his building. 

"You'll see," he said softly. Victoria was confused by his tone. The Colton she knew was never soft, he was brutal and devilish in his ways. So has he started following the bet? He walked in through the sliding glass door and led her into the lobby of his building. There was a reception desk where a security guard and a middle-aged woman were laughing together. They immediately stopped and stood to attention. 

Colton lifted an eyebrow at them and they stuttered nervously. "Sorry, Mr Glenn, " said the woman, sitting upright at her desk. The security guard rushed to his position at the door. Colton led her towards the glass capsule elevator. This time instead to going to the first floor, he too her to the top floor. 

"Where are we going, Colton?" She asked with apprehension. Was he taking her to his bedroom to kiss her?

"You'll see," he repeated, much to her frustration. 

"Don't you get tired of saying the same thing again and again?" She asked with a frown. 

"No not with you," he shrugged. Victoria looked at him with confusion. 

"What do you mean?" She asked with a scowl. "Was that an insult or a compliment?" Colton smiled, his eyes taking her radiant face in. He found her naivety quite adorable. She might be portraying a rough and tough exterior to him but inside she was all soft, impressionable and quite innocent.