Chapter Sixteen

Victoria’s mouth watered seeing the delicious pizza laid out on the table. Did he make it just now? It was impossible to do so. He must have made preparations before. “Looks delicious,” said Victoria, sitting down to eat. Colton chuckled seeing her excitement and sat down opposite her.

“Here, try it,” he offered, heaping three slices onto her plate. 

“Thanks, I can’t eat a slice more, wait please,” she said with a smile. Colton’s heart started beating faster seeing her smile. She took a bite and closed her eyes to savor the taste of her favorite food in the whole world. Swallowing it, she opened her eyes slowly but jumped, seeingl Colton’s face right in front of her, nose to nose almost. 

His finger went up to her lower lip and he wiped it with his rough thumb making her shudder with a strange intensity. “Do you like it? I made it especially for you,” he whispered, his hand cupping her cheek while his thumb still stroked her lips. Victoria’s breath hitched and she gazed into his eyes, not knowing how to react to him. She had no idea what he was up to with her but it was taking all her energy and will power to stay sane and in control. She nodded, her mind and senses being too occupied by the thumb that was teasing her lips.

“Say it then,” he asked in a hoarse whisper. 

“I like it. Pizzas are my favorite, thanks,” she said softly, pulling away from his touch. Colton stared at her quietly. The urge to kiss her was so strong that he was lost in a whirlwind of emotions going on in his mind. He had never felt so desperate for any girl before. He had never longed for anyone like this. He always got any woman he wanted for a night of fun and usually discarded her without a second thought. So for the first time in his life he was in a dilemma, should he give in to his urges and kiss her or should he bear this torture for two days? 

“I think you should start eating too. Your pizza’s getting cold, you know,” said Victoria. That snapped him out of his thoughts and he walked towards his side and sat down to eat with a brooding look on his face, just like a child who had been denied a candy. Oblivious to his inner turmoil, Victoria sat eating her share, immensely enjoying the food he made for her. Colton gave her one look and forgot everything, her radiant smile, the excited twinkle in her eyes as she chewed the food he made for her made him soften towards her. How would it feel to have her in his life? Forever? Would it cure his loneliness? 

Victoria was unable to fathom the brooding look on Colton’s face as he stared at her while eating his food absent-mindedly. Was he plotting his next step? Was he still trying to make her fall for him? Was their bet still going on? 

“So, what do you want to do afterwards?” asked Colton. If he had the choice, he would have carried her to his bedroom but sadly it wouldn’t work with this girl. She would surely chop his organ up into pieces while he slept if he touched her without her permission. Victoria rolled her eyes at him.

“As if I have a choice! You abducted me so it’s your responsibility to entertain me,” she shrugged.

“Watch a movie with me?” he asked surprised at himself that he could come up with something so cheesy! He had never watched a movie with any girl before. It was always s*x and then leave! 

“Sure,” said Victoria excitedly. 

“My choice of movie. Paranormal, okay?” asked Colton. Victoria nodded. So after lunch, they cleaned up and Colton walked over to his bedroom. Seeing her stop and walk over to the living room, Colton grabbed her arm and pulled her along.

“Why are we going to your bedroom?” she asked with a glare. Colton grinned.

“Much as I would love to get into your pants but sadly we’re not doing anything of the sort at the moment. The TV is in my bedroom, “ he pointed out, pulling her into his bedroom. Victoria nodded. How stupid of her to have jumped to conclusions so easily. She eyed his huge king sized bed covered with soft sheets and imagined him asleep tangled in them. Shaking her head at the sinful thoughts, she turned to see the huge television in his room opposite the bed. Colton started setting it up. 

“Why don’t you sit? This will take a minute, “ he said. Victoria sat down on his bed eagerly watching what he was doing. He started the movie and walked towards the bed.

“Come up. Why are you dangling at that corner?” Chuckled Colton, patting the place next to him.

“No, I’m fine where I am,” said Victoria, eyeing him suspiciously. She had heard from her friends how guys always preferred to watch a horror movie where the girls cling to them out of fear. Then eventually the movie goes for a toss and they end up making love instead! She wasn’t going that at all! Colton smiled sadly, looking a little offended. 

“You’re hurting me, Victoria. Don’t worry, I won’t touch you without your permission,” he told her but she was adamant. She didn’t budge from her place. The movie started and Victoria sat watching with her jaws dropped to the floor. She had never seen a paranormal movie before and every time the Dracula attacked, she inched closer to Colton. Glued to the movie, she had no idea that Colton’s eyes were fixed upon her instead of the movie. He wasn’t interested in movies, all he wanted was her in his arms. In the next one hour, Victoria was at his side, clutching onto his tee shirt, hiding her face in his chest with fright. Colton wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close to himself. A strange satisfaction, a sense of belonging, a need to protect her coursed through his body as he held her soft body in his arms. His breath hitched every time she embedded her face into his chest but he didn’t even dare to say a single word. It might break the trance and make her scoot farther away from him. 

The movie settled down where Dracula was seriously injured. He wasn’t in a position to attack anyone. Victoria sighed and lay her head on Colton’s shoulder. The movie reached a boring section and Victoria closed her eyes to relax her jumpy nerves. However, the exhaustion took over and she dozed off. Colton switched off the television and half lay against the cushions with Victoria in his arms. It was an overwhelming feeling for him. For the first time he held a girl to himself so tenderly while she slept soundly in the sanctity of his arms. He was used to just having casual s*x with girls so cuddling them, holding them in his arms, watching a movie with them or cooking for them never featured in his dictionary. Then what changed with Victoria? Why did he feel so differently with Victoria? Colton didn’t budge lest she woke up and moved away. He lay like a statue, staring at her sleeping face. Something stirred in his heart, a raw emotion which made him desperate to keep her forever in his arms and never let her go. He sighed and closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around her. 

Victoria opened her eyes slowly and came face to face with Colton’s face. Thankfully he was fast asleep. She looked around with horror. It was already evening. How did she manage to sleep in Colton’s arms that too on his bed? She glanced down at herself and found herself fully clothes just like she was before falling asleep. Did Colton not even touch her? She was puzzled by his behavior. Watching him sleep like a baby against her caused her heart to skip a beat. He might be a bad guy but he wasn’t a devil maybe.  She stared at his pouty, pink lips, his long thick eyelashes and was stunned to feel an urge to touch him. He was like a mystery to her, a forgotten crush whom she couldn’t forget. It was very rare that Victoria Blakesley had a crush on anyone! 

“You’re staring, baby. Have you fallen for me yet?” Colton asked in a husky whisper. Victoria was startled out of her wits end. She blinked twice to come back to reality.

“Sorry, I was thinking about how I landed here with you, “ she told him. Colton chuckled. He noted that she didn't give one of her sassy retorts. 

“Everytime the Dracula jumped at its victim, you jumped closer to me. That’s how,” he pointed out with a laugh. 

Victoria blushed. “Oh, I’m sorry,” she said in a small, embarrassed voice. Colton gazed into her eyes.

“I’m not,” he told her. 

“I think I need to go to my room,” she said but he didn’t release her yet.

“Will you go out on a date with me, Victoria?” asked Colton. There was a catch in his tone which seemed as if he was begging her to.