Chapter Nineteen

They reached Colton’s apartment and Victoria went straight to her room to change. She searched through the clothes that Colton bought for her and found only a lavender colored lace and satin chemise that was fit to sleep in. She rolled her eyes at his choice. Surely he would choose that for her! She locked her door and picked up the chemise and walked over to the en-suite to freshen up and change for bed. 

Later, with nothing to do, she just lay on the soft bed and thought what Colton might be upto in the next room. She could hear him moving about, hammering here and there at eleven in the night! What was he hammering at? She closed her eyes and thought about her date with Colton. He really was charming and if this continued soon she would fall for his charms. She had to guard her poor heart against that.

Colton’s restlessness increased and it was impossible for Victoria to sleep with him mowing down the floor in his room. Why couldn’t the man sleep? She wanted to rush over to his room and just tie him to his bed but considering what she was wearing, she just couldn’t risk going into the lion’s den. After waiting for thirty minutes, she pulled the duvet on top of her head and fell asleep but to her horror, Colton Glenn invaded her dreams too. 

The bed dipped and he pulled her into his arms, close against his hot, ripped length, wrapping his arms around her. Victoria kicked the duvet off her, feeling extremely hot and bothered and snuggled into his bare chest, inhaling him as she fell into a deeper slumber.

“Colton,” she breathed, planting a kiss in his bare chest. He smelled so good! “I wish you weren’t a dream!” she sighed against him.

“I’m not,” said Colton, his hot breath fanning her face. Victoria opened her sleepy eyes and looked up. Seeing Colton, she smiled. 

“Are you here for real?” she asked, closing her eyes and smiling in her sleepy state.

“Yes baby. I’m real, touch me and find out,” said Colton in a husky whisper. After trying hard to calm down and go to sleep, he gave up after two hours. With Victoria in the next room and the visions of her wearing the chemise that he had bought for her, he was too aroused to even lie still. He needed to see her badly. It was like an obsession that drove him so crazy that he simply picked up the spare keys to her room and walked in. Seeing her fast asleep, her creamy skin exposed by the duvet which fell to her waist, he couldn’t resist the temptation to see the rest of her. As he lay down and touched her baby soft skin, he was on fire. The need to feel her against him overwhelmed his senses and he pulled her close into his bare chest. Then she kicked the duvet off her and Colton lost all control seeing her in the lacy chemise. Her creamy breasts were almost completely exposed to his wandering gaze as a shoulder strap had fallen off. The chemise had ridden to her waist exposing the lacy black panties that she wore. Colton was rock hard and more aroused than he ever was in his entire twenty years of life. It was true that it was nothing new to him. He had a notorious reputation and had done it all but this innocent yet sassy girl who wouldn’t let him kiss her even, had him completely floored. 

Victoria’s eyes flew open, wide and wary and she suddenly jumped up with horror. “Colton Glenn, what are you doing on my bed?” Colton sat up with a pleading look in his eyes. 

“I couldn’t sleep, Victoria. Please let me sleep with you, “ he begged for the first time in his life. 

“I thought that I made it clear that we wouldn’t do anything, “ glared Victoria, picking up the duvet and wrapping it around her body. Colton looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

“I won’t touch you. Just let me sleep with you “ he begged in a whisper but Victoria couldn’t trust him and neither could she trust her own urges with him looking so innocent and sinfully gorgeous in just a pair of sweatpants. 

“No, Colton. That’s not possible. How the hell did you get in?” she asked with disbelief. Colton looked down guiltily, knowing that she would never agree and allow him near her. If he wanted he could have taken advantage of her in her sleep but he wasn’t a criminal. All he wanted was a little love, a little companionship but it seemed that the only person he wanted it from, hated him too much. 

Victoria’s eyes fell upon the spare keys to the room that were kept on the nightstand and she looked at Colton with disbelief. “I can’t believe this. What did you think? You’ll sneak up on me in the middle of the night and take advantage of me?” yelled Victoria angrily. 

“Did I take advantage of you, Victoria? All I wanted was to sleep with you, “ he said with a sigh.

“That’s because I woke up,” pointed out Victoria. She got down from the bed and picked her clothes up. “I’m not going to stay here a minute longer. I’m going home,” she said glaring at him. 

“It’s already 2 o’clock in the morning. Go to sleep. I’ll drop you in the morning. I’m sorry for bothering you, Victoria.  I’m leaving. I’ll come back in the morning to drop you home,” he said, his voice breaking with hurt. Victoria didn’t say a word and stood transfixed to the spot. Colton got up and with drooping shoulders and a dejected look, walked towards the door. He opened the door and walked out and for the last time turned to look at her. Victoria was stunned to see his eyes glistening with unshed tears. He closed the door shut and after a few minutes, she heard a loud bang as he left her all alone in the apartment and went away somewhere in the middle of the night. Sleep left Victoria and she felt worried. Where did he go so late in the night? Did she do the right thing? What difference would it have made if she had allowed him to sleep with her? He had promised that he wouldn’t touch her, didn’t he? Feeling guilty for having driven him away from his own house, Victoria lay awake waiting for morning to arrive. She couldn’t face him again.

It was four o’clock in the morning and she quickly got ready in her own clothes which had worn to college the previous day. In an hour, she was ready to leave Colton’s apartment. She went out and closed his door. The lock clicked shut and she walked dejectedly to the elevator, hoping that she could get away before Colton's return. Thankfully she could take a cab and leave before he arrived. 

After spending the night in a room in his hotel, Colton drove home hesitantly. It was 6:30 in the morning and he wondered if Victoria was there or had left already. Knowing how stubborn she was, he wouldn’t be surprised if she left at 4 o’clock in the morning. He unblocked his apartment and soon realized that she had left. There was nothing else to do than repent last night. If he had controlled his urges and stayed in his own room, she wouldn’t have left in the first place. He sat on the sofa and held his head in his hands. How much would a man control? Why was he so uncontrollable around her? Did he fall for her already? Colton’s eyes widened with the realization. The mighty and notorious Colton Glenn had finally fallen for an inexperienced teenage girl. The most surprising fact was that while he made so much effort to make her fall for him, she on the other hand didn’t even have to try. He had fallen for her just like that! She won the bet after all! Colton’s jaws dropped to the floor and he just couldn’t believe the reality. He had fallen in love with Victoria Blakesley?

The next few days Colton immersed himself in work to escape the harsh reality that he had fallen in love finally but the one he loved hated him. There was no way she would ever like him! He avoided everyone and sulked throughout the day!

Victoria was restless. After two weeks also she didn’t get any information about Colton. He didn’t attempt to call her or meet her. She waited for him eagerly every day after college but he didn’t turn up. Victoria felt very guilty that unknowingly she might have hurt him that night. But how could she just sleep with him knowing his bad reputation? 

However, with Davion coming everyday to their house to talk to Sofia who kept herself locked up in her room, Victoria was too busy trying to calm her twin. Sofia felt violently sick and had to be hospitalized. Victoria forgot about Colton and was busy with her twin. After three days, they brought her home. Davion tried a few more days and finally gave up and returned back to Reno.