Epilogue

20 Years Later 

“Mom, dad, aren’t you guys ready yet?” Asked a surprised Asher as he burst into the house, his copper eyes glinting under the afternoon sunlight which lit up the living room. At twenty he was an exact replica of Colton as he was in his younger days. Although his looks were unique to him, his reckless ways, his possessive nature, his anger, his manner of talking, all were just like Colton’s. 

“We’re ready. Chill, son,” grinned Colton pulling their luggage along. Victoria too followed him out of the bedroom, ready to go. Asher grinned seeing his parents, his dimples prominent making him look devilishly handsome. At twenty, he was pursuing a BS in Business Administration from the prestigious University Of Berkeley. He was brilliant at handling the business empire that his dad and uncle Davion had built and spread over the years. Having come home to celebrate his parent’s twentieth wedding anniversary, he surprised them by gifting them tickets to Greece for a week long honeymoon trip. 

“Enjoy yourselves and don’t worry about Vera and Ashley, I’ll take care of them. Not that they needed any taking care of. They’re fit to be my granny,” laughed Asher, fondly thinking of his younger sisters whom he loved so much. 

“I know you’ll look after everything Asher but don’t overdo it with those two. They’ll torture you till you give in,” warned his mom. As if hearing their names the twins raced into the room like a gush of tornado. At sixteen, they were really a handful and just as Asher had mentioned, they were capable of fooling him and having their way. But still he loved them. 

“Mom, dad, did you take the list we gave you?” asked Ashley excitedly. 

Colton laughed. “You gave us three lists, each of yours as well as Scarlett’s. Remember?” he reminded his daughters. Scarlett Windsor was Vera’s best friend and almost joined at the hip with her. Being the daughter of a multi-billionaire, Thomas Windsor, she was a spoilt brat, yet they all loved her. Asher glared at his sisters. How could they be so demanding? Handing their own shopping lists as well as that brat of a girl, Scarlett’s list? He scoffed hearing it! Vera stuck out her tongue at her big brother seeing his reaction. 

“Behave while we’re gone. No partying, no drinking, am I clear?” ordered their dad in the sternest voice possible. 

“Of course,  dad. We’ll only study,” promised Ashley making Asher roll his eyes at them.

Finally Victoria and Colton climbed into the car and their chauffeur, Seth drove them to the airport. “This is our tenth honeymoon, Colton. Are you excited? “ asked Victoria. Colton gave her a tender smile.

“I’m always excited when I’m with you,” he whispered into her ear. They had come a long way together through numerous ups and downs yet the magic between them hadn’t waned. They had everything they wanted and couldn’t ask for more. After their marriage, they had dedicated their time between each other, Asher, studies as well as work. While Colton continued to spread their business empire and grow with Davion, Victoria fulfilled her dream of becoming a lawyer. She handled her dad’s law firm single handedly, having shifted its base to California. Her parents had retired and occasionally came over to their house to see the girls or to Sofia’s house. 

Victoria’s relationship with Sofia remained the same. Celestine grew more and more beautiful as she grew up and now at twenty-one, she was studying Cosmetology in Las Vegas. Sofia had given birth to a baby boy a year before Vera and Ashley were born . They named him Cameron. Inheriting, Davion’s good looks, he was too bright for his age and looked up to everything his big brother Asher did. They shared the same inseparable bond that Davion and Colton shared. 

Colton and Victoria were grateful to Asher for choosing their dream destination. For the past three years they had been considering it but it was Asher who finally made it happen. They checked into the beautiful luxury resort. “I need a couple spa. Are you coming along?” asked Victoria. So they started their honeymoon with a spa to rejuvenate them first. They had a week to themselves to enjoy themselves without stressing about work, children and other miscellaneous stuff.