Chapter Eleven

The next morning, Colton woke up with a bad headache. After Victoria had left last night with tears in her eyes, he had banged his head and fists against the main door out of frustration. He knew that he should have taken it slow with her but he hardly had any control over himself around her. All his good senses left him when he was with her and the need that coursed through his body, the need to kiss her, touch her, have her, always controlled his mind. He knew that he had hurt her. She was different from the other women he had met who always gave in to him. This was the first time he met a girl who didn’t welcome his advances and he was at his wits end. 

After much thought, he decided to apologize to her on his way to work. So he quickly got ready and ate the food that she had made last night. It wasn’t that bad but then she didn’t know that he could eat anything that she made for him. It only needed to be clubbed with some kisses and he would be happy. Since last night he had been having only the food that she had made and wanted to cry out in frustration for breaking her heart. However, he received an urgent call from work and he had to rush to his office. He decided to apologize to Victoria when he returned in the evening.

Victoria woke up a little late and remembered that she needed to book flight tickets to go back home. However after one look at Sofia, she was in a dilemma as to what she should do. Sofia didn’t look very well. 

“What happened? Are you feeling sick again?” she asked her twin. 

“Yeah, the medicine is finished. I need more,” said Sofia. 

“I’ll go and get it for you,” offered Victoria. She knew that her twin needed her and she just couldn’t leave her and go just because of a crazy guy. Afterwards, she went to the pharmacy nearby and bought the medicines when her glance fell upon the latest issue of a popular celebrity magazine. There was a small picture of Davion on the cover with a detailed article on page 30. She walked towards the store and looked through the magazine. Anger bubbled inside her seeing the article and picture of Davion with another woman. She bought the magazine and went to Sofia’s house. She immediately dashed into Sofia's room with the magazine, looking furious. Sofia looked up at her with surprise, closing her books. 

"What's up?" She asked with concern. Victoria threw the magazine on the table.

"See page 30. Your insufferable d*ck of a husband's picture is featured there," she muttered angrily. Sofia frowned and flicked through the pages to page 30. She froze instantly seeing the picture of Davion wrapped in the arms of a gorgeous blonde, both busy kissing one another. Pain shot through her heart at the sight. She felt betrayed and devastated. He really had forgotten her and moved on to his next prey. That was the only reason why he wanted a divorce. Sofia closed her eyes, her breathing stuck in her throat, her face pale with shock. So that was what he was busy doing while she was so unwell with his child. How foolish she had been to fall in love with such a man. He had just wanted her body while she foolishly fel, in love with him. 

"Read the article on the next page, " said Victoria angrily, turning the page. Sofia opened her eyes and slowly turned the page. She read the heading written in huge letters.

Marriage Hasn't Changed Davion Torres's Playboy Ways

Sofia read the article which described the huge inauguration party at Davion's newly launched casino in New York. It described how Davion Torres and his old flame, Nicola Drayton, daughter of a billionaire hotelier dazzled all through the event.

The magazine dropped from Sofia's hands and tears fell from her eyes as she broke down completely. He hadn't considered taking her to the party. Instead he sought the company of his old flame. 

"He has moved on Vicky. He doesn't want me anymore. Please take me home, Vicky. I don't want to stay here anymore," she sobbed so brokenly that Victoria hugged her tightly to herself.

"I will, Sofi, I'll take you home," she comforted her.

Victoria packed her twin's stuff while Sofia sat like a ghost, staring blankly at nothing in particular. They had informed Greta that she wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home. Greta was very sad but she understood Sofia's need to be with her mom during her pregnancy. Victoria booked two tickets to Las Vegas. She knew that Sofia wasn't in her senses and needed help in everything. She hadn't changed her clothes or got ready to go but just sat there in a dazed state for the past one hour, in the same position.

"Sofi, I've finished packing. C'mon, let me get you ready to go," said Victoria. 

"Go where?" Asked Sofia. Victoria stared at her blankly. Did she not tell her an hour ago that she wanted to leave?

"Home, Sofi. We're going home to mom and dad. Davion betrayed you, remember?" She reminded her. Sofia looked at her and her eyes filled up with fresh tears as she remembered everything. 

"Yes, I don't want to stay here any more. Let's get ready, Vicky, " she said, getting down from the bed and picking up the clothes that Victoria left for her to wear. She dashed into the en-suite and quickly changed into the clothes. Booking a cab, Victoria loaded their luggage while Sofia hugged a weeping Greta. 

"I won't come back Greta. Davion has moved on from me," sobbed Sofia. Greta shook her head.

"No no, honey. I'm sure there's some misunderstanding. He loves you. Don't go without informing him," said Greta. 

"There's no misunderstanding, Greta. See the magazine in my room. On page 30, you'll find everything you need to know about his betrayal. I can't stay here any more. While I'm struggling with my pregnancy, he's been treating me like dirt for the last few weeks. I don't think this is love, " said Sofia with a solemn look on her face. Greta kissed her forehead.

"I don't know what to say. Take care of yourself, Sofia," said Greta, wiping her eyes. An unhappy and tearful Sofia climbed into the cab to leave the home she had come to love so much. Despite being married for only three months, she had embraced her new life, her new home with open arms. Although her marriage was a forced one, her innocent heart had accepted the man who had forced her into his life. She had fallen in love with him and at the tender age of eighteen, she was ready to embrace motherhood too. As the cab drove away, Sofia's eyes were fixed upon Greta and her home, all the way till they were completely out of sight. 

"Sofi, get a grip over yourself, please," said Victoria, her heart breaking seeing her twin's condition. 

"Why did he play with my feelings, Vicky? I love him," said Sofia with a lost expression on her face. Victoria didn't have any answer to that. If she could she would have throttled Davion and demanded an answer from him herself. 

"Forget him, Sofi. He's not worth your tears," she told her. 

"How can I forget him? He's the father of my baby, " said Sofia, looking out of the window blankly. Victoria knew that she was hurting and didn't have any words to comfort her. Their lives had been turned completely upside down in the last few months. She hadn't found the time to update their parents of their arrival. It was a sudden decision and considering the mental condition that Sofia was in, it was better to somehow reach home and let their parents handle the situation. 

Greta broke down completely after Sofia left. She went up to Sofia's room to check the magazine that Sofia was talking about. Furious seeing the pictures, she tried to call Davion but his phone seemed to be switched off. Not having anything to do, she cleaned the house and locked it up. 

It was evening when the girls reached Las Vegas. Sofia was nauseated throughout the time on the flight and she was exhausted completely. "Don't tell mom and dad anything, please, " said Sofia as their cab sped home. 

"Why not? They should know what they've gotten you into. They've destroyed your life knowing that Davion wasn't to be trusted, " said Victoria with anger. 

Sofia sighed. "Please, Vicky. Just let me get through this pregnancy in peace. Just tell mom and dad that I've come to stay till the baby's born. With Davion away most of the time, I need mom right now, " said Sofia. Victoria didn't answer. She was furious with both Davion as well as Colton. Both were the same. No wonder they were friends. 

"Vicky please don't add to my woes. Please listen to me, " begged Sofia.

"Alright, as you say," said Victoria, giving in at last. They reached home in a few minutes and Victoria agitatedly pressed the doorbell, already preparing herself for the thousands of questions that her mom would start bombarding at them.