Chapter Five

"No thanks. I'll return back to Las Vegas when Davion comes home," said Victoria, refusing to give in. She knew how twisted guys like him were. Well! She wasn't the innocent girl he thought her to be!

"Oh that's bad. I could give you a tour of Reno and beyond, you know!" He pointed out with a smirk,

"Was this the important discussion that you wanted to do with me?" She asked sarcastically. Colton smirked and nodded. Victoria rolled her eyes at him. 

"Then I'm going," she said but Colton caught her hand. 

"What's the hurry? Have dinner with me before going," he asked her. Victoria gave him a surprised look.

"How is it that you're free tonight? Don't you have any other plans?" Asked Victoria, sarcastically. Colton gazed at her for a moment. 

"No, I don't go out every night. Only when I'm lonely," he shrugged. His answer made Victoria soften a little towards him. Maybe he was really lonely. Then why didn't he live with his family? 

"You could live with your family if you're lonely, " she suggested, walking towards the huge floor to ceiling windows with breathtaking views of the park opposite at night, lit up with scattered lights here and there like glittering jewels. Colton clenched his jaws together and walked towards the kitchen. Victoria found it strange and followed him into the kitchen. She stood beside him watching him pick up some bell pepper, shallots and carrots and chop them. Was he making dinner wearing his expensive suit? This was really a side to Colton she never knew existed. His face looked solemn as if he was mentally far away, lost in his thoughts. Victoria didn't disturb him and took another knife, starting to chop the vegetables to help him. They worked silently. Although Victoria wanted to talk, she didn't know how to start a conversation with him when he was in such a weird mood. 

"I don't have anyone," he said in a low whisper. Victoria's heart sank hearing his words. "My mom died three months ago," he said, turning to look at her. Victoria held his gaze, she could see the pain in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Colton. I shouldn't have said that. I didn't know," she told him. Colton nodded and walked towards the refrigerator to take out the chicken breasts.  

"Are you up for creamy tomato chicken?" He asked, lifting a brow. Victoria gaped at him. He didn't look the type who could cook that! 

"Are you dumbstruck or what?" He chuckled.

"Who wouldn't be? I've never seen a guy cook wearing a suit," she pointed out with an eye roll. Colton laughed.

"Then what would you prefer me in? Maybe my birthday suit? The one I was born with?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her. Victoria glared at him with horror. How could he say it even in front of a stranger? 

"Carry on in this suit. I'm only concerned with the results, " shrugged Victoria casually, not willing to show that his dirty talk was affecting her, making sinful thoughts invade her mind. Colton grinned but unbuttoned his suit to her complete horror. 

"What are you doing, Colton?" She asked him, eyeing him suspiciously, ready to flee the kitchen if he started stripping. He laughed at her and threw the suit onto the arm of a nearby chair. His hand went to his tie. 

"Can you help me, please?" He asked her, lifting an eyebrow to look at her. Victoria was immediately alarmed. 

"Good heavens, no!" She said with wide eyes. Colton laughed more. "What's so funny? I think I said that I'm fine with you cooking in that suit," she reminded him. 

"Don't get your hopes up, lady? I'm not stripping to my birthday suit. I'm just getting rid of this tie, that's all," he pointed out, taking off the tie. Victoria's cheeks flamed with embarrassment and she rolled her eyes at him, trying to concentrate on her work. Colton rolled his sleeves and got down to preparing dinner. Victoria was too stunned to react. He seemed to be so at home in the kitchen like an expert master chef at work. She herself wasn't much of a cooking person. At home she helped Sofia make dinner but given a choice she would rather eat milk and cornflakes and go off to bed. Who would take so much effort?