Chapter Twenty

Victoria sat dejectedly in the living room with her dad who was watching a football match. Davion had returned back to Reno, finally leaving them in peace. She hadn’t heard from Colton ever since that night. Everyday, she missed him like a sore thumb. She had the feeling that her feelings had grown for Colton but she refused to acknowledge them. Their mom was sitting at her laptop nearby, working on something important. Shaking herself out of her thoughts, she knew she needed something to engage her mind. 

“This match is so boring, dad. It's a sure shot win. Let's watch a movie instead, please," said Victoria. 

"Call Sofi, we can watch something together," said their dad. 

"She won't come down, you know it," said Victoria. 

"Call her at least. She might want to watch a nice movie," coaxed her dad. Victoria shrugged and ran up the stairs to Sofia's room. She was lying down quietly and staring at nothing in particular. She hardly looked up at her when she went in. Victoria had grown used to this new behavior in Sofia since the day Davion had reappeared in their lives. Sofia had stopped acknowledging everyone as if waiting for something. Victoria knew in her heart what her twin was waiting for. Davion. She was testing Davion. 

"Sofi, do you want to see a movie with us?" Asked Victoria just as a formality knowing fully well that Sofia wouldn't be interested. 

"Why? Is he here?" Asked Sofia suspiciously. 

"Who are you talking about? Davion?" Asked Victoria. Sofia nodded, turning to look straight into her eyes to see if she was lying or not.

"He hasn't come in since yesterday night when dad threw him out. He was crying at our doorstep, " said Victoria with a sigh. Sofia gulped for air and looked away but Victoria saw the tears in her eyes. "Maybe he'll come in a few minutes," shrugged Victoria. She turned and left Sofia's room and went downstairs beside her dad. 

"What happened? Is she coming or not?" Asked their dad.

"I don't think so," shrugged Victoria, picking up the TV remote to change the channel. 

They heard soft footsteps on the staircase as Sofia climbed downstairs and walked into the living room. Her mom looked up like she'd seen a ghost. Ever since she had arrived from the hospital, she had locked herself up in her room. Victoria got up and helped her to the couch next to her. Her dad smiled with relief seeing her come out and sit with them after so long. 

Victoria handed the remote to her twin. "Switch on any movie that you'd like to see, Sofi, " she said with a warm smile on her face. Sofia looked at the remote and took it from her hand. She surfed the channels not liking any of the movies going on when her attention was caught by a channel broadcasting something about her husband. She quickly navigated back to the news channel and the news that was being aired had her sitting with horror. 

Breaking News!!! 

Billionaire heart-throb, Davion Torres, son of the late 'Casino King', Luis Torres jumps from the terrace of his mansion today. It's the most baffling and shocking suicide attempt and the police are leaving no stones unturned in the investigation. As Davion Torres battles for his life at the Sierra Nevada Medical Center, Reno, his partner and friend, Colton Glenn is admitted at the same hospital also after he broke down upon hearing the news. Was it suicide or something else? Stay tuned for more...

Sofia sat frozen with shock unable to say a word. "Davion committed suicide?" Asked their mom, getting up and walking up to them. 

"Is this a hoax?" Asked Victoria with disbelief. "How can they both land up in the same hospital?" She clutched at her heart thinking about Colton and Davion.