Chapter Forty-Three

“Wow! You look so amazing. If I were a guy, I would have eloped with you,” said Victoria’s friend, Kara. The moment Kara and Melanie heard from her mom that she was getting married, they had arrived at her house, uninvited to attend her wedding. It seemed as if they had kept in touch with her mom all the time asking after her. It was only because Victoria didn’t want to be disturbed did they keep away to respect her privacy. So it was her wedding day and they were busy getting her ready for an excited Colton who was waiting for her already with Asher in his arms. Victoria swirled in front of her mirror checking the intricately embellished off-shoulder mermaid wedding dress that accentuated her flawless figure. Her hair was left in curls around her shoulder, just the way Colton preferred it. He loved to play with her long hair and insisted that she wear it loose like a halo around her. 

“Absolutely. Colton’s a lucky guy indeed! I thought that you were against men and would never marry,” agreed Melanie, fixing Victoria’s veil. 

She took out a heart shaped diamond pendant with matching earrings to wear. Sofia fixed the jewelry around her neck and earlobes. “They’re sparkling just like your eyes, Vicky,” said her twin. 

“Colton gifted them to me last night. He had bought them for me when he came to Las Vegas to ask for forgiveness,” informed Victoria. She was deeply touched when he told her last night. 

“Are you having  first look?” asked Kara curiously. Victoria shook her head. 

“He doesn’t want a first look,” said Victoria with a pout.

“You’re Colton’s really weird!” said Sofia with a laugh. 

“So is your Davion,” defended Victoria. Sofia laughed. 

“That’s why they’re brothers,” she winked. 

“But why did he decline a first look?” asked Melanie looking puzzled. Victoria giggled and so did Sofia. Of course they knew why! “Oh, c'mon, spill already,” insisted Melanie. 

“If he saw me in the bridal gown he would forget the wedding and go straight for the wedding night,” she laughed. Kara and Melanie rolled their eyes.

“I wish I could find someone who would so horny when he saw me!” said Melanie. 

“Your wish will soon be granted, girl. I’m sure cupid is lurking around somewhere,” laughed Victoria.  

Her parents walked into the room to escort her to the altar. “Asher’s looking so cute in the tux style romper,” gushed her mom. “Ceecee is our flower girl. I’m glad we chose that rose pink dress for her. I can tell you that she’ll beat you both in the looks department when she grows up,” said their mom proudly. No one had any idea how true her words would be in future!

They all helped Victoria out of her bedroom towards the wedding arch constructed outside on the sprawling garden of their house. It was decorated in pristine white with splashes of greens giving the whole place a natural and ethereal look. Colton turned the moment she emerged and their eyes met and everything stopped for a moment. It was a beautiful moment which broke when Asher caught hold of his dad’s nose. Colton laughed at him making him shower his dazzling smile upon his dad. Victoria loved their interaction. She had been busy getting ready yet Colton hadn’t been impatient at all. He looked after Asher all the time. She noted his classic black charcoal tuxedo and the white rosebud pinned onto his lapel that intrigued Asher more than anyone else. He looked more dashing than ever and Victoria said a silent prayer to thank God for blessing her with such an amazing person in her life. 

Victoria gazed at everything around her. Everything looked like a dream come true. The distant blue ocean in the background, the white floral arch with the white tulle billowing in the breeze, the wooden chairs with white floral decorations, everything looked so ethereal. She walked towards the venue carrying her all white bridal bouquet. 

She kissed Asher’s forehead and he gave her a dazzling smile after staring at her for sometime. Afterwards Sofia took Asher when it was time for the bridal procession and walked down as her matron of honor wearing a rose pink, strapless gown. They all walked down the white rose petals strewn aisle. Davion walked with Celestine in his arms and stood by his brother and best friend, Colton, as his best man. Everything happened in a dreamy sequence and before Victoria could catch her breath, she was already married to the most awesome man on earth. The man she loved, Colton Glenn.

After the photographs, Victoria escaped to feed Asher and put him to sleep. Colton too managed to sneak away and walked into their bedroom, his eyes glittering with excitement. “Put Asher to sleep and we’ll have a quickie,” he suggested. 

“No, absolutely not, Colton. My whole family is outside, they’ll hear us!” exclaimed Victoria looking horrified. 

“I hope everyone’s leaving tonight?” he asked with a worried looking his face. 

“Yeah, after dinner, everyone’s leaving,” Victoria informed him making him grin with satisfaction. 

“Our honeymoon is due till Asher grows up. In the meantime, we’ll have a honeymoon everyday here on this beach villa! Our home is as good as any honeymoon destination, don’t you think?” asked Colton. Victoria had to agree to that. It was true! 

So they danced and enjoyed the little lunch party. No one stayed till dinner thankfully making Colton the happiest man on earth. After dinner, when everyone left, Colton released Maggie and Nancy as well for the night. It was just the three of them and they bonded like a little happy family. Later Victoria put Asher to bed and they finally got to have an exciting wedding night filled with wild lovemaking. 

“I’m afraid that you have to wait for that wish to be fulfilled,” he told her as they lay in each other’s arms.

“Why?” asked Victoria. She knew that he was talking about more children.

“Firstly Asher is too young. Secondly I want us to complete our studies before we have another child,” he told her. 

“Three years?” she asked and Colton shrugged. 

“Yeah, why not? We could go for our honeymoon around that time too,” said Colton. 

So life went on for Colton and Victoria and they soon got wrapped inside a wonderful bubble of marital bliss. Life couldn’t have been sweeter for the two of them.