Chapter Twelve

The door opened and their mom gaped at them with shock. "Sofi? What happened? Are you unwell? My God, Greg, come quick," said their mom, rushing forward to help Sofia into the house. 

"She's pregnant and unwell, mom. Davion's away on some business trip and there's no surety when he'd return. So I brought Sofi home with me," said Victoria. Their mom beamed happily. 

"Sofi's pregnant? Oh my gosh! You've done the right thing by bringing her home," said their mom. Victoria breathed a sigh of relief that she could so easily convince their mom. Their dad came rushing out of the study and smiled seeing the two of them. 

"What a pleasant surprise! We were thinking of visiting you two," said their dad. 

"Sofi's pregnant. Davion's away on a business tour so Vicky brought her here," said their mom.

"That's good news no doubt but couldn't you wait for a few more years? You need to finish your studies first," said their dad.

"C'mon, Greg. It's no use saying these things now. We got her married at eighteen so it was bound to happen, " said their mom, helping Sofia to her room. Sofia felt relieved to be in her childhood room. In the last three months, nothing had changed here. Her house as well as her room were just the same as it was when she left Las Vegas. As if it was just yesterday. 

"Freshen up and I'll serve you both dinner," said her mom. 

"I can't eat a thing, mom," said Sofia. 

"She has thrown up the whole time, mom," informed Victoria. 

"Oh! Should call Dr. Graham?" Asked their mom with concern. Dr Graham was their old next door neighbour whom they always summon for every little emergency.

"No, mom. We'll consult a gynaecologist a few days later. Let Sofi settle down first," said Victoria. 

"Okay, I'll bring some soup and medicine, " said their mom leaving the room. Victoria helped Sofia freshen up and change out of her soiled clothes. After eating a little, Sofia felt a little better. Her mom wanted to sit down and chat with her but Victoria somehow steered her out if Sofia's room,  letting her rest in peace. 

Reno, Las Vegas

Colton drove back home after a tiring day, excitedly at the prospect of meeting Victoria. He parked his car on Davion’s driveway and looked at his house. It looked dark with no lights on. Strange. Did Sofia and Victoria go somewhere? The security guard came towards him.

“Sofia ma’am and her sister have left today, sir. Greta locked the house and left too,” he informed a shocked Colton. Colton gaped at him unable to comprehend why Sofia would leave with Victoria? Did it have something to do with him? 

“Did they say, where they were going?” he asked the guard.

“Yes, Greta told me that they went to Las Vegas, forever,” said the guard. Forever? Colton was more puzzled than he was ever before. He wouldn’t call Greta and find out what exactly was going on. He thanked the guard and went home with a confused mind and a heavy heart. He tried calling Greta but she didn’t receive any of his calls. So that left him with only one option. He needed to wrap up his work at Reno and fly to Las Vegas. He needed to see Victoria again. There were so many questions revolving in his head and he needed answers to them.

The next few days, Sofia was violently sick. The stress, the sleepless nights, the nausea had taken a toll on her health and she had to be admitted to the nearest hospital. 

"I won't let you return to Reno before you gain back your health, " said their mom sternly. Sofia nodded, she couldn't tell her that going back wasn't an option left for her anymore. She had closed that chapter forever. She hadn't switched on her mobile even once after leaving Reno. So she really had no idea what was happening there. Victoria had given her an old mobile to use in the meantime. After spending two days at the hospital, Sofia regained her health and was much better.