Chapter Ten

“That isn’t an option for me, “ said Victoria, working on the stuffing for her chicken breasts. 

“There are women, celebrities who would do anything to kiss me, you know, “ said Colton, feeling a little insulted at her retort. 

“Go to them, then. I don’t kiss random people,” said Victoria. Colton’s eyes blazed with fire. If he could he would grab her and kiss her, brand her for life, reduce her incapable of enjoying anyone else’s life. He would have made her see what it felt like to be kissed by Colton Glenn. 

“Am I a random person to you?” asked Colton, whirling her around to face him. Victoria gasped with surprise. 

“Colton, I’m cooking for God’s sake!” she exclaimed but her eyes widened seeing the intense and wild look in his eyes. “We aren’t friends, actually. I’ll go away to Las Vegas after a few days and maybe we’ll never meet after that,” she shrugged, trying to make him see sense. 

“You’ll give up and forget about the bet?” asked Colton with disbelief. 

“I won’t give up but I can’t stay here for a useless bet. I have college to attend to,” said Victoria, pushing him away. Colton seemed to be deep in thought after hearing her. Victoria didn’t mind. She had a task at hand and as long as he’s drowned in his own world,  the better for her. She quickly slit the chicken breasts and started filling them up. 

“You’re doing it all wrong,” said Colton, coming up behind her. Victoria wanted to tie him up to an iron chair for an hour. This way, she was losing her concentration and forgetting what Greta had taught her. 

“If you interrupt once more, I’ll go back to Vegas right now. I can’t concentrate this way,” she glared at him angrily. Colton chuckled. 

“You can’t escape the challenge, love,” he smirked. Victoria snorted, hearing the endearment and went back to her cooking. He was really despicable! “Fine, do it wrong. If it isn’t at..,” Victoria interrupted his dialogue. He had said the same thing so many times that she had learnt it by heart now. 

“I know. If it isn’t at par with your cooking, it wouldn’t count at all,” she sighed. “Now before I tie you to an iron chair, can you please stop?” she pleaded. Colton laughed.

“Why an iron chair? Why not a normal chair?” he asked curiously. 

“You can’t move around with an iron chair. You’ll be stuck to it and at my mercy,” said Victoria. Colton laughed.

“Thankfully, I don’t have those in my house. So your threat doesn’t work for me,” he said. Victoria sighed. She knew that she was messing up the dish this time with him disturbing her so much but she couldn’t pinpoint where she’d gone wrong. Trying to ignore his presence, she concentrated on her cooking. Taking a large skillet, she put the stuffed chicken breasts to cook while she went about preparing the sides. 

“Ewww, broccoli?” said Colton. Victoria turned towards him. 

“Then what sides would you like?” she asked him. “Mashed potatoes?” She asked. He shook his head. 

“It’s too ordinary,” he shrugged. Victoria rolled her eyes at him.

“Potato, bacon salad?” she suggested. 

“No potatoes, no rice, no broccoli, no mushrooms, no asparagus, no carrots,” he said, his eyes burning with fire. Victoria had the strange feeling that he was riling her up on purpose but she refused to give up. She switched off the flame as the chicken breasts were done and walked up to the pantry and pulled out a pack of pull apart fresh buns. Then going to the refrigerator, she took a peak while Colton watched her with interest. What would she do? With limited culinary skills, she was sure to give up now, he thought with a smug expression on his face.