Chapter Fifteen

Victoria scoffed at his remark. Did he think that everyone was just as unscrupulous as he was? He parked his car and led her towards the elevators. “Stop fussing so much about such a trivial thing. For God’s sake, I’m not asking you to have s*x with me!” He said impatiently, rolling his eyes with disbelief.

“Trivial thing? You’re forcing me to spend two days with you and you call that a trivial thing?” Exclaimed Victoria with anger. Colton groaned and turned towards her, giving her an equally angry look.

“Don’t tell me that you’ve never spent time with a guy before!” said Colton, rolling his eyes. 

“I haven’t. Not all people are like you,” said Victoria, glaring at him. What did he think of her? She might be headstrong, ambitious and daring but she didn’t indulge in meaningless s*x. In fact she found all the guys in her college boring and immature. Colton looked away. He didn’t want her to see the strange satisfaction that he felt hearing her admit that he would be the first guy she would spend time with. A strange excitement filled hos whole body. She was actually more innocent than he had ever thought her to be. He punched in his security code and the main door opened. He caught her arm and led her inside as if she was his prisoner. Going inside, he closed the door shut and locked it securely. Victoria rolled her eyes. The way he behaved it seemed as if she was under house arrest for two days. 

“Leave me. I need to call my family,” said Victoria, extracting her arm from his hold but he didn’t leave her.

“Call them in front of me,” said Colton, his eyes glittering with excitement. Victoria glared at his hold on her.

“You need to leave me for that, Colton. Obviously, I’m not going to fly out and escape from your balcony. Can I?” she asked with a glare. Colton laughed and left her hand and walked over to a couch. Sitting down he stared at her.

“Is it better now? Hurry, we don’t have all day!” he said impatiently. Victoria grimaced and took out her phone and called her mom. She informed her that she was with the girls and would return two days later. Her mom fussed a bit but then gave in eventually. Victoria disconnected the call and looked at Colton who still sat watching her! 

“I need to freshen up, can I?” she asked angrily. Colton got up with a grin on his face for a change. 

“Sure,” he said, making Victoria a little suspicious. She just hoped that he didn’t take her to his bedroom and handed her one of his shirts to wear, just like they do in romance novels! She would really jump out of the window then. 

Thankfully, he took her to a room which did not look inhabited. “You can use this room,” he said, opening the door for her to enter. Victoria brushed past him and walked into the room. It was clean and smelled of lavender? Seriously? How could Colton’s apartment smell of lavender?

“Do you bring all your hook-ups here, to this room?” she asked without looking at him. Colton frowned looking at her. He walked into the room and stood in front of her.

“No, why do you ask?” he asked curiously. 

“I was wondering why your apartment would smell of lavender! Maybe your last hookup left her fragrance here,” shrugged Victoria. Colton chuckled. 

“So, you did notice. Well, are you jealous?” he asked with a smirk. Victoria scoffed and walked away. Why should she be jealous? She didn’t like him at all! 

“Why should I be? But it won’t work with me. This method might work with others but not with me. I refuse to entertain you in any way,” said Victoria with conviction. Colton walked towards her but she backed away. Victoria’s back hit the door of the closet. Colton walked determinedly towards her, his eyes blazing with fire. He came closer and pinned her with his body and trapped her with his arms on either side of her. 

“I haven’t brought you here for my entertainment. I’ve brought you here to punish you,” he hissed angrily. “So you better behave, otherwise your stay here will stretch to eternity, “ he threatened in a low tone. Victoria’s eyes widened and for a moment she was scared of the man in front of her. Would he really stoop so low and abduct her and keep her with him forever? Anything was possible for him.

“I’ll file an FIR with the cops and you’ll soon be in jail,” said Victoria, in a brave attempt to prove a point. Colton crushed her to his chest and lowered his head to threaten her more. His whole body was on fire. He wanted to quieten that sassy mouth of hers with a sweltering kiss but Victoria shut her eyes close with fear. She knew that the punishment would be doubled now. Colton stopped inches away from her and gazed at her creamy, baby soft complexion, her long thick eyelashes which hid her warm brown eyes, her pink, full lips which she bit to stop him from kissing her. He couldn’t lie to himself that he didn’t feel his heart skip a beat or two. What was about this girl that made him so desperate? He closed his eyes and counted in his mind to stop himself from kissing her senseless. ‘That would have to wait, Colton,’ he chided himself. It was clear that despite putting up a brave front, Victoria was scared and apprehensive. 

He opened his eyes and released her. “Freshen up, I’ll give you a change of clothes to wear,” he said, turning around abruptly without a second look at her. Victoria blinked with surprise and opened her eyes and gaped at his retreating back. What was that? How did he not react to her? How was it that he didn’t punish her? At the door, Colton turned to look at her clueless expression. He felt a strange sense of victory to see her so confused and vulnerable. “I sprayed a lavender room freshener only for you,” he informed her before closing the door and disappearing. Victoria’s mouth hung open with disbelief. He knew that lavender was her favorite aroma. So it could only mean that the devil had planned to bring her here all the time! Shaking her head for falling for his bait, Victoria rushed to the en-suite before he could return. 

After five minutes she opened the door of the washroom and peeped out. Thankfully the room was empty and the door still closed. Clutching at her heart to stop the erratic heartbeats, she walked into the room and gasped seeing a pair of soft denim shorts and a turquoise blue top laid out for her. The price tags were still attached which indicated that the clothes were brand new. Victoria couldn’t think more. What did it all mean? Why did Colton buy clothes for her? Did he buy clothes for all the women he brought here? She locked the door not wanting to risk Colton walking in on her whole she changed. After changing into the clothes, she was all the more surprised to see that the clothes fitted her so well. How did the guy know her size?

She hid in the room as long as she could but a knock had her run to open the door. Colton stood there leaning on the wall next to the door. His piercing green eyes  appraised her minutely from head to foot, not leaving an inch of her. Victoria refused to meet his eyes and fidgeted nervously with her fingers. She was in the lion's den and at his mercy not having any idea what he would do next. He was so moody and unpredictable!

“Lunch is ready. Aren’t you hungry?” he asked, leaning in towards her.

“No, I don’t want to take any favors from you. I’ll pay you for this dress,” she said, looking alarmed. Colton was taken aback by her answer. He wasn’t thinking of it as a favor this time. 

“It’s not a favor. Anyway, you’d be staying here for two days. Won’t you eat for two days?” he asked her with concern. Did she consider him to be such an evil hearted monster?  He felt a bit hurt somewhere deep in his heart. 

“I’ll order my own food,” said Victoria, her eyes wide as she waited for his wrath to crumble her to dust. Colton stared at the wisp of a girl who fought with him for everything. Instead of feeling angry with her, he felt hurt that she had such a low opinion of him.

Finally he came to his senses. “You’ll do nothing of the sort. You’ll eat whatever I make for you else I’ll make you sit on my lap and feed you,” he threatened. Victoria’s eyes widened further.

“Noo, I got it. I’ll eat myself,” she said, running away from him towards the dining table, lest he caught her and carried out his threat. Her cheeks were red with embarrassment at the thought of sitting on his lap again. Colton followed her with a chuckle. He was loving every minute of this!