Chapter Thirteen

Victoria returned home but didn't mention anything about her conversation with Colton to Sofia. She had gained her strength back and was coping up well with her situation. So Victoria didn't want to upset her more. 

"How were your classes, Sofi?" She asked her twin.

Sofia smiled at her. "Classes were fine. I've got all the extra study materials from Tessa and Caleb," she answered. 

"That's great. When is your ultrasound?" Asked Victoria. 

"Next month," said Sofia. "How was your day? Did you miss a lot of studies because of me?" Asked a guilty-looking Sofia. Victoria caught her hand. 

"Hey, please don't say that. You're the most important person in my life. Whatever I missed, I can cope up. It's no big deal at all," said Victoria. She wanted to tell her about Colton but one look at Sofia's serene face made her change her mind.

"So how's the little baby doing inside?" She asked with a smile. Sofia tenderly stroked her stomach.

"It's doing fine," she said with a warm smile. She had no idea how she could feel so much love for something growing inside her whom she hadn't even seen. Victoria smiled back. She too had already fallen in love with Sofia's baby and asked about it everyday. 

Victoria's phone buzzed with an incoming call from Colton and she was instantly on high alert. Thankfully Sofia didn't understand the caller ID of  flashing on the screen, AH. She just gave her a questioning look. Victoria smiled at Sofia. 

"I need to take this call," she said, rushing out of the room before Sofia could ask her anything. She feownee at the caller ID. Thank God she had saved Colton's number as As* Hole aka AH!

"Why are you calling me?" She barked into the phone. After the way they had parted, she had no wish to see him again. Why didn’t he just get the idea and  leave her alone?

"Come out of your house. I'm at the Black River. If you don't come here, I'll come over to your house," he threatened, disconnecting the call. 

Victoria gaped at the mobile phone. What the hell! She had no wish to go to Black River Cafe, located at a  5 minute walk from her house but she didn't want Colton to arrive here. Sofia would be too upset to see him and her parents would find out the truth. No that was too risky! She rushed out of the house and walked briskly towards the Cafe. Colton wasn't to be trusted. If she didn't hurry, he would definitely end up at her house. 

She could see him pacing agitatedly in front of the Cafe, his face looking tense. Victoria dreaded talking to him. There was nothing to discuss with him actually. 

It was Davion and  Sofia's personal matter and it should be left to them to solve. In fact Davion should have been here for his wife instead of Colton.

"Why did you call me here of all places?" Asked Victoria as she walked up to Colton. Colton turned and gave her a look.

"I didn't call you here for a date, if that's what you're getting at," said a pissed off Colton. Victoria rolled her eyes at him. 

"I wouldn't have come if it were a date," she told him. Colton smirked at her. 

"Don't be so overconfident. There will come a day when you'll beg me to take you out on a date," said Colton. Victoria snorted with disgust. 

"Only in your dreams. Now if you don't have anything important to say, can I leave?" Asked Victoria, glaring at him angrily. 

"No, not until I let you. I want Sofia to return back immediately to Reno. Davion's arriving tomorrow and he'll go crazy if he finds her gone," said Colton, looking at her with concern. Victoria shrugged.