Chapter Forty-One

Victoria stared at her phone and then finally accepted Trevor’s call. “Hello!” She croaked into the phone with apprehension.

Trevor cleared his throat at the other end. “Victoria, how are you?” He breathed, nervously. 

“I fine, Trevor. Mom told me that you wanted to talk to me?” Asked Victoria, dreading his answer.

“Yes, it’s very urgent. I’m on my way to Long Beach right now. I should reach in another  hour or so,” he told her. Victoria didn’t understand why he needed to come all the way here when he could easily talk to her on the phone. It only meant that he wanted to convince her to marry him. Maybe he would argue with Colton. 

“Okay, I’m waiting,” she sighed. After disconnecting the call, she was very worried. If it wasn’t an emergency, why else would he drive all the way at such an odd hour?

“Relax, Victoria. He can’t force you to marry him,” said Colton. Victoria made dinner while Colton pushed Asher around the house in his stroller, chatting with him. As for Asher, he was hypnotized by the new crazy dad in his life who made funny animal sounds and told him animal stories. It was a  devil side to Colton she had never seen before. Victoria smiled at the two and her heart filled up with more love for Colton. She was glad that she took the extreme step and came here. They needed this craziness in their lives. They need the overwhelming love that only Colton could feel for them. 

Dinner was made and they waited for Trevor to arrive. Victoria fed Asher and Colton rocked him slowly in his arms, his little hand clutching at his tee shirt. Suddenly the doorbell rang making Victoria tense. 

“It’s okay. Open the door and invite him inside. No need to fight. Let him say what he wants to. We can explain our situation to him afterwards,” said Colton, looking calm. Victoria nodded and opened the door to find a nervous Trevor standing there. He smiled at her hesitantly.

“I hope I’m not disturbing you,” he said, looking inside the house at Colton and Asher. 

“No, it’s okay. We need to talk,” said Victoria. “Please come inside.”

Trevor walked into the house and they sat down in the living room. Victoria offered him dinner and strangely, he accepted. She served them dinner. “I’ll put Asher to sleep and join you in a few minutes,” she said. Taking Asher from Colton, she walked into the nursery. After five minutes when she returned, she saw that the atmosphere at the dining table was quite cordial and they both were enjoying the food. She too joined them and served herself. 

“Asher’s asleep?” asked Trevor. Victoria nodded.

“Yeah, he had been awake all evening,” she said with a smile.

“I was just telling Colton about the time you were pregnant and how we met,” said Trevor. Victoria nodded.

“Yeah, it seems just yesterday. So much has changed since then. I’m sorry that I had to come away without informing anyone but I hope you understand why. Colton and I have always loved one another. We just sorted out our differences since it was useless to pretend that we could live without one another. We can’t. It would destroy so many lives,” said Victoria. 

“I understand, Victoria. I haven’t come here to blame you or force you to marry me. I’m glad that you found your happiness,” said Trevor. Victoria and Colton looked at one another with relief etched on their faces. 

“Actually, I too had neglected you for nearly a month. Actually, a miracle happened in my life. Something you cannot even imagine. I was too busy trying to cope up with it,” said Trevor with a happy smile. Victoria noticed how happy he looked. For the first time since they were together, he looked this happy. 

“What miracle?” she asked curiously. 

“My wife who I thought had died eight years ago is alive. My sister is a doctor in San Francisco. She called me to inform that she had seen Stephanie at a rehab center. I went there and brought her back with me. She has lost her memory but she responds to me just like she used to when we were married,” informed Trevor. Victoria’s mouth hung open with disbelief. So Trevor was still married! She thanked God that things sorted out so nicely.

“That’s wonderful news! I’m so glad that you too found your happiness, Trevor,” she said looking genuinely happy. 

The rest of the time, they relaxed and chatted about Asher. Afterwards, Trevor left and Colton and Victoria celebrated the night with more cuddles and more lovemaking. It seemed to be a new found addiction for them and they never let go of the chance. “I’ve dreamed of this every second of my life since the moment I saw you,” said Colton. 

“But you were an as*hole to me, remember? You used to devise all creepy bets with me,” she said as they relaxed into each other to catch their breaths after an intense round 0f wild lovemaking. 

Colton laughed, his voice echoing inside his body, making her smile. “That was just ways to get you to kiss me, baby. You were so uptight and prissy, that I was at my wits end with you,” he said with a devilish grin on his face. Victoria pushed him away but he pulled her back into his arms.

“I wasn’t prissy!” she pouted. 

He kissed the pout away. “You were immune to my charms and it was driving me crazy,” he told her, showering little kisses on her nose, cheek, chin, eyes, forehead, everywhere but her lips. 

“I wasn’t immune, Colton. I was falling for you and didn’t want to show it. It was something new for me. All my life I had guys falling for me, this was the first time, I fell for someone. I didn’t know how to react,” said Victoria. Colton’s eyes widened after knowing the truth. 

“If Pete hadn’t interfered, we would have been married by now,” said Colton. Victoria nodded. 

“Why did Pete do this to me? I still can’t figure it out?” asked Victoria looking puzzled. Colton explained everything about Charlotte and how Pete wanted to take revenge. 

“This wasn’t right. I’m glad that he’s punished for his crime. I’d like to thank Charlotte one day for helping me get justice. I can’t thank you enough, Colton for standing up for me,” said Victoria, pecking his lips. Colton pulled her closer to him. 

“There’s a way you can thank me, baby,” he suggested, his eyes glittering with need as he pressed his hard arousal against her. She surrendered her body to him and they finally went to sleep for the first time in each other’s arms, just like Colton had wanted to many months back at his apartment in Las Vegas. A warm surge of happiness filled his heart and he knew that finally he had found what he always wanted. A fulfilling life with the love of his life, Victoria. 

The next few days, they were extremely busy, furnishing the house. Colton went to work for a few hours and the rest of the time they would just cuddle with each other to make up for all the time that they had lost. Asher had learnt to smile and every time he did, Colton got busy clicking pictures of him. Victoria updated her parents and her twin of the latest developments in her life and they were all happy for her. 

“What are you making?” asked Victoria as she walked into the kitchen after putting a tired Asher to sleep. He loved to play with Colton all evening and it soon had become a routine thing for them. 

“Slow cooker pot roast, rice and sweet potato fries,” said Colton making Victoria’s mouth water. 

“Delicious. Do you need help?” she asked.

“Nope just give me what I want at night,” he said, his eyes blazing with fire. Victoria smiled and set down to help him with dinner.

“You didn’t answer me,” he prodded. “Are you planning to torture me tonight?” he asked eagerly. 

“We’ll see about that later. I’m ravenous, feed me first,” chuckled Victoria. They continued the argument till dinner was made. Quickly finishing the work afterwards, Colton picked her up in his arms and strode purposefully towards the bedroom.