Chapter Four

"It's important and it's about Sofia and Davion. Can you please come out so that we can discuss the issue at hand? It's serious and I can't talk about it here," pleaded Colton on a serious note. Victoria noticed the seriousness in his face. She too was concerned about her twin but she had no wish to go anywhere with Colton. She couldn't trust him that much!

"You can tell me here. I don't need to go anywhere with the likes of you, " She asked with a sigh. Colton frowned. 

"Likes of me? What exactly does that mean?" he said with a scowl on his face. 

"You know what it means," she said not saying a word further. As if he didn't know what he was!

"Playboy, handsome, gorgeous,  se*y?" He asked with a wider smirk. Victoria rolled her eyes at him. 

"No, I meant a man wh*re," she pointed out. Colton raised his eyebrow at her. 

"Yet you're crushing on me. Don't deny it, baby. I know you want me to f*ck you right now," he said, leading towards her. Victoria's mouth hung open with disbelief. How did he know? Was she so easy to read? It was a secret only between her and Sofia. Did Sofia tell Davion? 

"You wish I was but sorry to disappoint you, Colton. I'm not at all interested in guys like you and never will be. You're not even my type. So go f*ck the wh*res and bi*hes who fall for you. You're more their type," said Victoria angrily. Colton looked at her, his eyes glittering with anger and determination. 

"Really? You're a bad liar. I can have you anytime I want and you wouldn't have the power to stop me," challenged Colton. Victoria gave him a look of pure hatred. 

"High hopes, Colton. It seems like you're the one who's lusting after me, " laughed Victoria sarcastically. Colton fumed with anger. Somehow this slip of a girl, a mere teenager affected him in a way no one had ever done before. She somehow brought out the worst in him!

"Don't challenge me to compel you to surrender to me. I'm a reckless brute and I don't give up at all," warned Colton. 

"You don't affect me in any way, Colton. I'm challenging you to try your best to make me fall for you," she told him, looking him in the eye and with a toss of her hair, she whirled around and went to her room. Colton stood with a dark and dangerous look on his face, mentally accepting the challenge. 

"If I don't bring you down on your knees and compel you to fall for me, I'll change my name. There's not a single woman born into this world who can win against Colton Glenn. I'll break you, f*ck you and discard you like trash, Victoria Blakesley. I'll finish you," swore Colton. "Just wait and watch," he added and turned and stormed out of Davion's house. After he left, Victoria seethed with anger and hatred towards Colton. How could she ever have liked the guy in the first place? He was absolutely despicable. 

She walked upstairs to Sofia's room but in her mind, she kept thinking about what Colton wanted to discuss with her. She saw that Sofia was sitting quietly with tears in her eyes. Concerned, she rushed forward to her. Sofia looked up at her and wiped her eyes. Victoria sat beside her on the bed and took Sofia's hands in hers.

"Sofi, please tell me what's bothering you," she pleaded. Sofia burst into tears and sobbed bitterly. She told her twin everything that had been going on. After listening to her intently, Victoria seethed with fury. 

"And now, before I could clear the misunderstanding, he's left for New York. He didn't even inform me. I came to know about it from Greta, " said Sofia.Victoria released her hands and wiped her tears. 

"I don't know what has gotten into Davion. There's no reason why he should behave in this manner with you. You have every right to decline to have s*x with him. He cannot take it out on you for that reason alone. As for getting pregnant, it's his fault as well for not using any protection. Moreover, he can't dictate you to stop wanting children. In a marriage, for everything, it's the wishes of both partners that needs to be taken into consideration. So stop feeling guilty," said Victoria. Sofia nodded knowing that she was right. 

"I don't know what the matter is. He mentioned divorce last evening but Colton arrived and we couldn't talk," said Sofia.

Victoria gasped. "It's a fake marriage then, Sofia. He might have lost his interest in you," said Victoria. A tear fell from Sofia's eye.

"He promised me that this was forever. I love him, Vicky. I don't think I can survive without him," she said as more tears fell and cascaded down her cheeks. Victoria looked at her twin with concern and pulled her into a hug. 

"Why did you have to fall in love, Sofi? He doesn't care about you," she said, feeling bad for her twin. Sofia cried more in Victoria's arms hearing her words. It was the hard reality that Davion didn't care about her any longer. He might have felt a physical attraction due to which he had married her and now he had lost all interest. Still she decided to talk to him clearly when he returned. If he wanted a divorce, she would give him what he wanted and live with her baby all her life. 

"I know. I'll give him a divorce if that's what he wants," sighed Sofia, wiping her eyes. 

Later they watched a romantic comedy together. It helped lighten Sofia's mood. Victoria noticed the way she kept glancing at her phone as if expecting a call or message from Davion all the time. Strangely there was none. In the evening, Victoria went out to the nearby pharmacy to get medicines for Sofia when Colton's car came to a stop right in front of her. She seethed as he rolled down his window and winked at her. 

"Hop in, we need to talk," he said in a teasing tone. Victoria shook her head vigorously. 

"No, I'm going back. Sofi needs the medicines," said Victoria. Colton climbed out of his car. 

"Why do I have thr feeling that you're nervous to be with me? Are you afraid that you might fall in love with me?" Asked Colton while his eyes flashed with amusement. Victoria gaped at him. 

"Are you out of your mind? I told you that you don't affect me in any way," She said with a scowl on her face. 

"Then prove me that you're immune to me, " said Colton, challenging her. Victoria tossed her hair and strode to the passenger side of his car. Opening the door, she climbed in. Colton smirked seeing how easily he could get her into his car. She might be a tough nut to crack but not for him. He was a player in this field. He climbed into his car and drove towards his home. 

He drove through the huge white ultramodern gates straight into the basement parking of his building. He owned the entire apartment complex and lived all alone in the three storeyed luxurious building. When his mom was alive, he lived with her at their old family house but after her death, the house seemed too lonely a place for him to stay. He couldn't stay there any longer without remembering her and feeling depressed for her. 

"Welcome to my humble home, " he said, leading her to a glass cubicle elevator which. Victoria scoffed at his words. If this was humble, then what was her four bedroom house in Las Vegas?

"You call this humble?" She asked with an eye roll. Colton grinned and led her to a huge connecting door. He punched in the security code and the doors opened. Colton led her into the foyer which led them to the luxuriously decorated living room. The whole place was ultra-modern and plush, decorated in white and royal blue, looking like a place straight out of an interior decor magazine. 

"Okay welcome to my lonely haven," he said with a wide smile on his face and his eyes lighting up with mischief. "You could help with that while you're in Reno, you know," He told her. Victoria glared at him, understanding his implication very well.

"I'm better off at Sofi's house," she said with a glare. 

"But you drove Davion away with your presence," said Colton. Victoria was shocked by his words.

"What? Why would he go away because of me? I just came to see Sofia for a few days. Am I not allowed to do that too?" Asked Victoria taking offense. 

"I didn't mean it that way. I just meant that because of your presence they were unable to sort out their differences, " said Colton, gazing at her, studying her minutely. It seemed like he wanted to say more but was restraining himself somehow. 

"But when Davion was at home, I kept to myself, locked up in the room. Why wouldn't he be able to clarify because of me?" Asked Victoria, feeling already guilty.

"Nevertheless, I think you should move into my house when Davion returns. That would give them some privacy to clarify their misunderstandings," said Colton, gazing into her eyes, challenging her to decline. Victoria's jaws dropped to the floor hearing his words. Did he really say that?