Chapter Thirty-Seven

A fortnight passed by when Davion called Victoria in the evening. Her heart filled with hope and she eagerly accepted his call. 

“Yes, Davion. Did you find him?” She asked excitedly,  her heart thumping fast in her ribcage. 

“Yes, he had a big transaction yesterday and it has been traced to Long Beach, CA. I think he has bought a villa on Paloma Street, Ocean Boulevard. I’m on my way to see him,” said Davion. Victoria’s mouth hung open after hearing him. Colton was safe and alive? She just couldn’t believe herself. But how did Davion know that he had bought a villa?

“How did you know about the villa?” asked Victoria.

“Colton consulted our lawyer before signing the property deal,” said Davion. 

“I’m going with you, Davion,” said Victoria on the spur of the moment.

“No, Vicky. You have Asher to take care of. Also Colton would be furious at me. He doesn’t want to be found. You can visit him later,” said Davion. 

So Davion left and Victoria closed her eyes thanking God that he was safe and alive. Then her face lit up with a smile. She knew why Colton had bought a beach villa in Long Beach. She still remembered their conversation when they had gone out on a date the first time he had asked her out. 

Flashback (a few months back) 
Venue: Terrace of Royal Torres Casino and Hotels, overlooking The Strip,

“How many dates did you have here?” asked Victoria curiously.

“I don’t do dates. This is my first,” he said gruffly.

“Oh, I thought you frequently go out with women,” said Victoria, feeling a little awkward. 

“I don’t go out. It’s just to vent out my frustrations when I’m at my worst, “ he shrugged, looking away from her. 

“When I’m at my worst, I eat ice-cream,” said Victoria. 

“What else do you love to eat?” he asked, as they sat side by side facing the strip. 

“I love Italian food, Mexican food and of course, ice-creams,” said Victoria. “What about you?” she asked him. 

“I love everything that’s made especially for me with love,” he said, turning towards her, his eyes boring into hers. Victoria looked at him knowing fully well what he had implied. 

“What else do you love?” she asked him softly.

“Painting, you know about that and beer, fishing and traveling,” he said with a goofy smile on his face. “And you?” he asked her.

“A little villa on the beach with the one who loves me, red velvet cake and sunsets,” she told him. 

“You love beaches?” he asked her with surprise.

“Yes, after marriage, I wish I could live on a beach house!” she said with a faraway look in her eyes, as if she was lost in her dream world. Colton gazed at her and saw the dream reflected in her eyes. He suddenly felt a crazy wish to make her dreams come true!

End of Flashback 

Victoria smiled and her face lit up with hope. Colton had remembered. He had bought her a dream house on the beach! So would he come back to get her? Excitement coursed through her and she eagerly waited for an update from Davion.