62. Chaos 😀

Zhang Jue woke up, he frantically looked around in panic and it only took him a few seconds to realise where he was.

When he turned his head slightly, he could see the person leaning against the wall eyes closed. It was the person that had saved him and was currently helping him hide.

Zhang Jue tried to raise himself up, he forced himself into a sitting position and took a few seconds to breathe. "Excuse me..." he called out rather weakly but the other heard him.

"You've woken up?" Lee Hyunjin immediately got up from where he was, he turned away for a second and seemed to wipe something from his face before walking over to Zhang Jue. Lee Hyunjin could see that the others eyes had become like that of a normal person now. He was relieved as he said, "sorry but we need to get moving now, although this is a great hiding spot, they're sure to find us sooner or later."

Zhang Jue quickly processed his words before saying, "thank you for all your help truly but those people are only after me, if you escape on your own you'll be fine. You don't have to do this for—

Lee Hyunjin shook his head, "that's not an option, don't take it as I'm doing it for you. It's because you are Yu's family. Yu took care of me so I'm repaying the favour."

Zhang Jue could see the stubbornness in Lee Hyunjins eye, he found it hard to refute this persons words so he just soundlessly nodded.

Lee Hyunjin was satisfied so he said, "great! Now there's just one problem, there's more than twenty of those armoured guys and their demon dogs, I don't have super special abilities or anything like that so escaping will be really dangerous."

Zhang Jue thought of something and then said, "I can draw a teleportation rune, it's the one thing I can do with corruption though it won't take us very far."

Lee Hyunjin thought, "how much distance can you cover with one rune?"

Zhang Jue replied, "about a kilometre."

Lee Hyunjin shook his head, "they will probably still find us," Lee Hyunjin was thinking about those dogs, he didn't know how strong their senses were or how much distance they'd already covered from the lake.

Zhang Jue was also thinking, he made a suggestion, "then how about we travel backwards?"

Lee Hyunjin perked up, "Hmm, they won't think we somehow went passed them and moved back the way we came."

Zhang Jue said, "even if they realise it eventually, we will have covered some distance already."

Lee Hyunjin thought, "there's still the chance that there are more of them, it's rather risky."

Zhang Jue, "I'm under the assumption that any plan we make will be very risky considering the situation."

Lee Hyunjin nodded. "It honestly would be better to stay here but sooner or later, they're bound to realise we didn't get far and start seriously searching this area, at that time it'll be child's play to find this cave."

Zhang Jue, "you're right, tell me, how many enemies did you see?"

Lee Hyunjin said, not counting the dogs this time, "they were atleast ten to fifteen armoured men."

Zhang Jue grit his teeth, "those creatures can't be called men anymore."

"Just what are they?" Lee Hyunjin finally asked, "and why are they hell bent on taking you?"

Zhang Jue sighed heavily, he remembered the promise he made to himself that whoever he found would be the one he'd tell no matter what. He would rather he tell Lee Hyunjin after he agreed to escape without him but Lee Hyunjin refused to.