17. Leathery Distractions

It was several days before Estelle was able to make good on her promise to Celeste and Sienna. She led the way through Windhaven, weaving in between Illyrians and Peregryns alike. Celeste and Sienna stuck close to her. Celeste was babbling excitedly while Sienna listened.

"I can't wait to see how I'll look in Illyrian leathers," Celeste gushed. "Do you think they come in colors other than black? Will they fit around my wings?" She gasped suddenly. "Can I get matching sheaths for my sword and dagger?"

"If you pay for it yourself," Sienna laughed. "Estelle said she'd only buy the leathers for us."

"And don't forget your half of the deal," Estelle reminded them. "You owe me a set of Peregryn leathers."

"We won't forget," Celeste promised. She gripped Estelle's arm. "Oh, is that it?" She pointed to a shop just ahead.

Estelle nodded. They reached the shop and a bell rang as they stepped inside. A dark haired female with cruelly scarred wings straightened behind a desk. A grin spread across her lips. "Estelle! Lys told me to expect you sometime. He was just in earlier with Nyx and some other boys."

"Hi, Aunt Emerie. This is Celeste and Sienna. They're hoping to find some leathers that they can use when they're in Windhaven," Estelle explained.

"I hear a Little Bat." A familiar blonde head poked around a corner leading to the back room. Mor crossed the room and pressed a kiss to Estelle's cheek, then hopped on top of the counter and crossed her legs.

Celeste and Sienna giggled as Estelle wiped red lipstick from her face. Emerie came around the counter, holding a measuring tape. "Spread your arms out," she instructed Celeste. The Peregryn obeyed and Emerie began to take her measurements. She did the same for Sienna.

"All right. You can look through my premade leathers and if any alterations are needed, I can fix them up quickly. Celeste, try that section. Sienna, the ones over there should be closer to your size." Emerie directed them towards two separate racks of leathers.

It didn't take long for Celeste to find a few options she admired. Estelle sat down while Emerie led her to a fitting room. A few minutes later, Sienna went to the second fitting room. Celeste squealed, stepping out. She rotated at Emerie's behest, letting the Illyrian examine the way the leathers fit her.

"Does it feel too tight or loose anywhere?" Emerie asked.

Celeste shook her head. "I love it." She did a few stretches and grinned. "What do you think, Estelle?"

"I think they look nice. Did you have trouble fitting your wings through the holes or figuring out the buckles?"

"No. Lysander showed me a few tricks when it comes to the buckles and my wings fit perfectly."

Estelle raised an eyebrow. "Lys taught you a few tricks?" The shadows laughed in her ears.

Celeste's cheeks flushed. "I mean...well he...you see..."

Emerie and Mor exchanged knowing glances and Estelle had to smother a laugh. Sienna emerged from her fitting room. She took in Celeste's blush and the amused looks of everyone else.

"What did I miss?" She asked, tossing her long blonde braid over her shoulder.

"Nothing!" Celeste exclaimed.

"Celeste was just saying that she and Lysander have had some lessons regarding the proper way to buckle and unbuckle Illyrian leathers," Estelle replied.

"Oh. Is that so?" Sienna waggled her eyebrows at Celeste suggestively. Celeste buried her face in her hands. Emerie checked Sienna's leathers, but like Celeste, Sienna had no complaints.