part 10

Kara's pov

*4 months later*

Since the incident with the lead everyone has been treating me like a baby and I understood it, at least the first week.

This week Mon El had been having a lot of work at the DEO, that's why I've been spending more time with Alex and Lena.

So now it's 7 AM. Lena, Alex and I had a sleepover at my apartment and it was awesome. Then Alex gets a call. I woke her up cause she didn't hear it. As soon as she saw who was calling she immediately picked up the phone.

After she finished talking I asked her who it was but she didn't answer. She wanted to change from her pyjamas to her actual clothes as soon as possible.

"I need to go" she said.

Alex's pov

"I need to go" I said. 
I mean I really needed to go! Maggie called me saying that the girl was in Labor! I can't believe it, I am becoming a mother!

"She's in labor" I told Kara. I could see she was as surprised as I was.

"What!?"

"Yes and she's already in the hospital!" I said now ready to leave.

"I'll call you ok?" I said

"Sure! I'll wait!" She answered me. Then I went out.

Kara's pov

I can not explain how happy I was for Alex!

"Your cousin is going to be here soon!" I Said talking to my belly. I knew it wouldn't take any longer until Everleigh was born, and I couldn't wait!

"Hey" I heard from behind me. It was Lena. She had been sleeping the whole time.

"Good morning!" I said
Then she stood in front of me and started talking to my belly. She always did it and Everytime she did it Everleigh would move. It's crazy. Everytime Lena or Alex talked to her she was kind of moving inside me.

" I can't wait till she's born" Lena said standing up.

Then she asked "Where's Alex?"

"She's in the hospital. Maggie and her are becoming official parents!" I said.

"No! Oh my god, when did she go?" She asked excited.

"Just a couple of minutes ago." 

"That's awesome!" She said.

After this we ate our breakfast. This day went just like every other day just that today Alex was becoming a mom.

*4 days later*

I heard a knocking at my door, who could it be? Mon El was gone and Lena was on a business trip. Alex just went away with Bella her little daughter. Or maybe she forgot something, I don't know. I open the door and I see miss Grant. Weird she never visits me at home!

"Hello Miss Grant!" I said obviously still surprised that she was here!

"Oh Hello Kara may I come in?"

"Sure!" I said and let her in.

"Beautiful home" she says as she walks to the kitchen table. I obviously answer thanks.

"May I sit here" she asks while looking at one chair.

"Of course!" I answer.

" Are you thirsty? Do you want to drink something?" I ask being polite.

"Oh no Kara come sit here. Stop working like that sit and rest."

Weird. She never cared like that about me. It's probably because of the fact that I'm pregnant.

" So Kara, you're probably asking yourself why I'm here"

I look at her. "Kind of" I say.

"I wanted to tell you that you're not working as my assistant anymore..."

"What!?"

"Let me finish" she says.

"... because you're working as a reporter as soon as you're able to work again."

Wait what? Did she just tell me I'mma be a reporter when I start working again?!

"You heard me right. I think you were always meant to be a reporter. Since the moment I first saw you."

I just sat there surprised. The news were awesome!

"Wow, I'm speechless!"

"That's what I thought." She said.

"Oh and I brought this for your daughter." She puts out a  beautiful dress.

"Thanks miss Grant!"

"No Problem Kara. How will you call her?"

"Oh, we'll call her Everleigh!"

"Nice name!" She says.

After this we kept talking about a lot of things. Baby's work and lots of other stuff.

Hope you liked it. Please vote and if you want to comment. Till next time.