Part 25

My heart has never beaten so fast... those eyes, his hair, his face... I am standing in front of him, it's really happening, Mon el, he's here...
„Mon el...", I say still not being able to believe this. How comes he's still alive. Maybe I'm just hallucinating, or not? I slowly walk over to him. It's like I'm walking towards a figure that could fade away any time, and it scares me like hell... I don't want him to be gone, please let him be real....
I hold in front of him and lightly hold his face. He is real, it's him, it's his face I'm holding! "It's really you...", I notice a tall lady standing next to him. Brown hair and eyes, beautiful...
I hug him. "We missed you so much...", I cry. I know he's really here, yet I'm still scared he fades away. "I missed you too...", he answers.

"Mon el, is this Kara??", the woman next to him asks

"Mon el, is this Kara??", the woman next to him asks. "Yes Imra, this is Kara...", he looks down steps back and takes her hand. I suppose he doesn't see my stomach, probably because I have baggy clothes on and my stomach is not so big, even though I'm already 7 months pregnant. Seeing this so called Imra and Mon el holding hands and being so near to each other breaks my heart, but hey, maybe they're just really near friends! "Mon el, who is this?", I ask curious. "Kara, this is Imra Ardeen, my... wife...". Wife.... Wife!? How could he have found a wife this fast...? It's only been seven months... Has all this life we had spent together been a lie?
I feel my eyes fill with tears, but I can't cry now. Better than crying, I should be thinking about how I am gonna explain all this to Everleigh. I just know she's going to be so devastated and I'm not ready to see her this way, not now, not after all she's been through....
I look down at my hands, that are sweating like hell and then look at them again. Hold back your tears Kara, hold them back...
"W... wife?", I breath out. "But, it's only been seven months...", I add. Ever since he was gone I've been dreaming about this, about seeing him again and finally being able to be a happy family with our three children.  But now I hope I hadn't seen him. Now I hope all this was a dream.
"Month's!?", he looks confused. "But to me it's been 7 years..." he finally answers. I don't get how it can be possible. I turn around and walk down the stairs to Alex. I need her and Lena now. Alex holds me tight in her arms. "Calm down Kara, everything's gonna be ok... don't stress yourself too much, it's not good for the babies...". I nod while crying into her shoulder. I can't see them but I can feel Imra and Mon el staring into my back. "When can I see Ev, Kara?", Mon el shouts from behind. Alex looks at me as if she's asking for an answer. "Tomorrow..", I say loud enough for Alex to hear me. "Tomorrow!", she shouts, then takes me down to her car. There I let the rest of my sadness and anger out. Why did he have to do this!? Why does everything bad always have to happen to us!? "How am I supposed to tell Ev, how!?"
"Don't worry, we'll help you ok?", for a moment I look at her. "Thanks...", I say wiping my tears with my hands. "I really appreciate it..."

***

sighting I enter the house. I feel hopeless, something that never really happens to me, I mean, I'm supposed to stand for hope...right? Supergirl and Kara stand for hope, but we'll, I suppose this don't always stay the same, things change. "Hey!", Lena shouts from the kitchen. Alex and I keep walking until we're standing there too. "The kids just fell asleep.", Maggie says. "They're upstairs.", Lena adds. I just nod. In this situation I don't know what to do, I don't know how to act...  In silence we walk to the living room. Sitting down Lena asks: "So, what happened at the DEO?", we all remain the silence. Them waiting for our answer and us not knowing what to answer. "Mon el's back...", I answer quick enough. Suddenly everyone is sitting next to me. "What?", Maggie says. I can hear in her voice she can't believe it, a half hour ago I wouldn't have believed it either. My mind's just going crazy right now, crazy in a bad way, and it's killing me inside...
"But I thought he was dead!", Lena says. "I thought that too, but guess what, turns out he's still alive.", I try to hold back my tears. "And he's married to another woman.", warm hurtful tears roll down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry Kara...", Lena tells me. I appreciate that she's sad but it's not really gonna help me right now, the best thing I can and should do right now is just go on with my life, just like I did when he was gone. I mean, it doesn't have to mean that Everleigh and the kids have to do the same as me, they're obviously gonna have a healthy relationship with their father, it's just that they'll, specially Ev, have to get used to not seeing us together. "It just hurts...", I cry. "Out of everything I could ever imagine, this is the most unexpected and worst thing that could have ever happened...".
Why would he do this to me, to us! "Maybe you should just rest a little Kara-", I hear Alex whisper next to me while hugging me. "Yeah, you should go rest...", Lena then says while Maggie's rubbing my back. "I know.", I wipe my current tears away. "I'll see you guys tomorrow then...". I stand up, walk up the stairs and go straight to my room. "Good night you guys!", I shout. "Good night!", they shout back.