Part 21

Kara's  pov

"Look what I made for you!" She shows me the painting she made. Mon el her and I are on it.

"It's beautiful baby!"

"I know" she tells me turning around to tell Lena bye. She hugs Leon and then runs to her room.

" Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?"
"No, it's ok Lena, maybe tomorrow..."

She hugs me one last time and then goes.

Oh now, the time came...

"Ev come here please!"

Everleigh's pov

Oh no... did I do something? I hope not.

Nah probably not, she doesn't sound angry, more like worried or something.

"I'm coming!" I yell running out of my room. If I've learned something from all these years then it is to not make your mother wait for you after she called you.

"What is it mom?"

She did something, I can sense it.

"Sit down please."

Or maybe it was me, did I do something? I'm starting to worry, I just hope it's not a reason for me to get grounded.

"Did I do something wrong mom, cause you're being a little too serious."

" oh no cutie, you didn't do anything wrong..."

Pfff thank god! It was driving me craaaaazzyyy!

I look at my mom's face. She really isn't looking very well!

"Then what is it about?" Oh my god is she tearing up!?

"Mom, why are you tearing up?"

"Your dad..."

....

"Ohhh daaad! Yeah, now that we're talking about him, when is he actually coming back?"

"Something happened to him."

No... there's no way! He told me- they told me it was safe!

" what happened to him? Will he come back?"

"I don't think so..." now she starts crying and tries to hug me.  Why-

"Get off me!" I yell at her. They lied to me! I just lost my dad, hugging and crying will not bring him back!
Mom stands there with a surprised look on her face.

"Ev, I'm so sorry! I'm just as devastated as you are.."

No no no no no!

"No! You promised me he would come back, you told me this yesterday! Now don't hug me, this whole thing here will no bring him back!"  And with that I run up to my room and lock the door.

I can hear her crying even more now. Did I overreact?
.....No!

Her footsteps are coming nearer towards my room. Why can't she just leave me alone!?

"Ev, please open the door!"

"Leave. Me. Alone. Mom. Go away!!"

"Please let me enter your room... I'm sorry for what happened! I'm also devastated but believe me it'll not help you to treat me like I'm fault at everything! Come out when you're ready, I'll be here for you cutie."

Kara's pov

I wake up at three AM not knowing why, just having a weird feeling. I turn to my left and see Everleigh watching me. I knew someone was watching me!
Wait, this means she listened to me!