Part 24

I hate her! Why would she do this!? How dare she come here after all she's done to my family. I don't want her to even come near Everleigh. "Who is this woman mommy?", "No one you should know baby.." , I say pulling her closer to me. Am I overreacting? I'm taking Ev the chance of getting to know her other grandma. But- Rhea isn't a good influence on Everleigh! What is she even doing here. Oh no, I think I'm getting a panic attack. The palms of my hands are sweaty my forehead too and I don't know what I'm supposed to do! What the heck am I supposed to do!? I look at a Everleigh and then at Rhea. "Mom, is everything ok?", Ev asks. I want to answer her something, I really do, but I can't get a single word out! Its like my words are stuck in my throat... I feel Ev's little hands surround mine. "Maybe you should sit down mom..." .
Calm down Kara, you're worrying Ev and that's the last thing you want. I nod and walk towards our couch. I don't know what's happening to me, I'm totally out of myself! Rhea stresses me out and that's the last thing I need for me and the twins. I look back. Inhale and exhale Kara, just because she's in your house it doesn't mean that she's gonna do something to you or your daughter. Maybe you should let her talk. "Wait here mom, let me get you a y cup of water." , Ev tells me turning around. Before she walks to the kitchen she gives Rhea one of her confused looks. "What are you doing here Rhea and what do you want?", I finally manage to say. There's a huge silence between us, that gets interrupted by the sound of Everleigh's steps on the Woody floor. "She looks so much like him... she has your eyes though..." , Rhea says with a sad expression on her face. But she still hasn't answered my question! I look at Everleigh and see she looks even more confused now. She's looking at me, basically asking me what's going on, but I don't know what to say, I don't even know how to act as a mother! She actually deserves the truth, but Rhea doesn't deserve to get to know her. Not after everything she did to Everleigh. I will never forget the day we almost died because of the lead that was spread around the world. It wasn't anyone else's fault but hers. She was the one who wanted to force Mon el to go to Daxam with her, she was the one terrifying all people on earth, she was the reason why the lead had to be spread in the first place! Everleigh had already offered her to sit down, but she didn't answer her anything. Not a single word. So Everleigh just sits down next to me. "Ev, please go to your room.", "But I want to stay here mom!", "Everleigh just listen to me." , "Alright.." She says kind of disappointed. I actually had something else planned for the day, but oop of course Rhea had to show up. "Now tell me what the fuck you're doing here Rhea!" I try not to to scream but I can't.... All this anger inside of me, all the stress....ughh I hate it! "I know something happened to him... to Mon el I mean.." she stands up and starts walking over to me. A tear escapes my eye as I hear this. I know it's been months but still, every time someone talks about him I can't but cry. I should have probably known she would bring him up.... "We all know something happened to him, now, what do you want here?", I ask coldly. "I realized I made a huge mistake by everything I did to you, I want to make it better, I want to get to know her and I know you don't want this, but please... give me one chance... please...", I just stare at her in silence, I don't get it.... "Let me be a grandma to her and to them...", to them!? How the hell does she know!? I look at her in disbelief. "I've been watching you, that's why I know, sorry...", of course she was watching us, what else could she have done? "So she is my grandma?" I fast turn my head to her, Everleigh. She's standing on the stairs looking down the banister. "Where was she this whole time? I've never seen her." I look at Rhea. She is the one who has to explain this to her. She is the one who fucked it up. I tell Everleigh to come down. "I've been on Daxam..", is the only thing she manages to say. Oh c'mon Rhea, say more! "Oh, I know that, I mean why didn't you visit us? My other grandmas do a lot!" I look at her. Her face makes everything clear, she is embarrassed. I roll my eyes and turn to Everleigh. If Rhea wants a connection with Ev she needs to do something for it. She can't just stand here and be embarrassed of herself, that won't make anything better. „Look cutie, she's been very busy on Daxam, but now shes here and you should appreciate it, Hmm?", I try to get her out of this weird situation. „Right..." she answers me as she walks up to Rhea and holds her hand. „I appreciate it very much that you came.", she says smiling which makes me smile, cause she's happy, and whenever she's happy I'm happy too. "Can she come to my dancing lessons today mom?", "If she wants to...", "Do you want to come with us grandma?", "I surely do want to go with you.", "awesome!", Ev laughs. She starts tearing her up the stairs to her room, and I don't know why, but seeing her interact with Rhea this way makes me feel as if a load had fallen of my shoulders. I haven't forgiven her yet, but I think she's trying to make things better and for now that's enough...

~3 months later~

"So, what do you guys think about the name Mike?", I ask Lena, Alex and Maggie. I've only been thinking about names ever since I found the genders of my babies out. Boy and Girl! I wanna name the boy Mike cause that's How everyone used to call Mon- el here on earth... Now about the girl I've been thinking maybe Grace, Maddy, Marley or Elliana.

We're sitting on this big new couch I bought. That's the reason why I wanted to buy it, I love it when my best friends come over. I don't feel so alone with them...
"We love that name for your baby boy!", Alex says. "I like it too!", Lena adds. I smile at all of them and then turn around. What are they doing? I see Everleigh's, Bella's and Leon's little heads behind the counter in the kitchen. I can hear their little giggles and whispers. "Shh, they can hear every step of ours if we're too loudly. Stop giggling, can you hear this?" , Leon whispers. The both girls gasp as he says "Oh no, he found us! Go to the living room, that's the only safe place right now, ruuun!", he shouts. We hear their little footsteps come towards us and burst out in laughter. It's so funny to watch them play together every time! "You thirsty Leon, you want some water?", Lena asks. "Yes please!",he answers. "You want some too girls?", they both nod. I'm distracted by watching them. It's so cute, how they treat each other...but I quickly look at Alex as we hear her phone ring. "It's J'onn", she gets up and goes to a more silent corner. Maggie and I get up as well but we go to Lena and the kids. "And, what were you playing this time?", I ask. "Zombie apocalypse.", Everleigh answers me as soon as she finishes her water. "Auntie Lena promised us she would play tea time with us, do you both wanna play too?", Bella questions. "I would love-", but I get interrupted by Alex. "Something happened at the DEO, J'onn says both of us should go there...". What? I wonder what's happening! I quickly put a slight jacket on and then of we go to the DEO.