Part 36

„Stop blaming yourself Ev. It wasn't your fault, they forced you.", Kara told Everleigh hugging her. She had been trying to comfort her daughters for one hour straight. It seemed to be helping. "It's not my fault..?", Everleigh asked her as if she was asking to make sure it's right. "It's not your fault.", Mon el assured her. Everleigh for the first time in months smiles at them. Her eyes now didn't seem full of fear or sadness anymore. At least not as much as before.
"Umm, can we please go out today? I haven't been out in months...", the little girl then shyly asked. It came surprisingly to Kara and Mon el. They didn't expect her to ask this at all. Kara smiled lightly at her. "Of course we can cutie... but we'll have to go with the babies..."
"Oh yeah that's ok mom. No problem."
No problem? What was no problem supposed to mean? Everleigh hadn't been wanting to see the twins till now so that was a huge announcement to them that Everleigh was ok with the kids. "I'll just quickly clean my room, take a bath and make myself ready then we can go!", Everleigh jumped up, started running towards her toys and cleaning them up. "Go! Get the two kids ready!"
Get the kids ready, now that sounds more like Everleigh the both parents thought.

***

"You sure you don't want to go to the playground?", I ask Everleigh cause honestly I'm worried. She's nine years old and is not wanting to the playground and not wanting to play with other children or anything? That's not Everleigh likely. I know I might be over exaggerating, but what can I do as the mother I am except for worrying? But that's what she wanted and that's what we're gonna do.

*Author's pov*

The Family enjoyed it. They had lots of fun it was like in the old times where they used to go out and have fun before Everleigh was kidnapped. Before she experienced things a nine year old shouldn't experience. Everleigh was still dry to them, it was clear that all the trauma wouldn't just  be forgotten, they would've liked it to be this way but they knew it was impossible. They missed the old Ev. The one who didn't behave so grown up, the one full of love and hope.

*6 years later*

Mon el and Kara entered Everleigh's room along with the twins beside them. It had been a weird year for Everleigh, the fact that she had started High school a year ago made it weird enough. She was together with her cousins that was good for her. But her biggest dream, which was just for Daniel to move away or just change schools, didn't become true. They hated each other. They were the biggest rivals at everything. Everyone thought it would be a phase but obviously it wasn't.

"Happy Birthday sissy!", the two little kids shouted, afterwards jumping on Everleigh's bed. "Mooom!", was the only thing Everleigh shouted . "Alright kids it's enough, go brush your teeth.",  Kara said and with that the twins ran out. "Happy birthday cutie...", Kara and Mon el hugged their little daughter. "Thanks...", the now 15 year old answered.  "Wow, fifteen years... To me you were born like yesterday...", „Mom, please don't cry now...you can cry in the party later but now I need to get ready for school ok?"

Just so you know how Everleigh look like now:)

And this is what she put on. With normal glasses and no purse.

Walking down the stairs all done make up on hair straight, it seemed like the perfect day for Everleigh

Walking down the stairs all done make up on hair straight, it seemed like the perfect day for Everleigh. To her parents it seemed a little weird. She didn't need to go dressed like this to school, her cousin didn't dress like that either. But of course it was her decision and they couldn't do anything against it. „I'm finally done.", Ev said with a smile on her face. „We can go now.", she continued.

****

„Hey Bella, hey Leon!", Everleigh shouted as all three cousins like they alway do in front of the school. „Happy Birthday!", both teens congratulate her, she hugs them. All three of them wave at their parents and then enter the school. There Bella immediately asks her: „What do you think Jake is gonna give you?", yeah she had a boyfriend and yes her parents didn't know anything about it. "Just so you know, I'm not ok with that.", Leon said. "Oh come on Leon stop acting like you don't have a girlfriend.", Everleigh then told him already tired of all the times he'd told her this. Every time over and over again. "Yeah the difference between us is I'm older than you and my mother already knows about this.". Everleigh sighed at him. "Talking about him, there he comes.", Bella tried to break the tension looking at the young boy with roses in his hands walking towards them. "Happy birthday Ev.", Jake hugged her and gave her a peck on her lips. Bella and Leon looked at each other in disguise. For real Everleigh, for real? "They're so beautiful Jake!", Everleigh hugged Jake overjoyed. "And here's another little present...", he smiled at her. A necklace. „Aww, It's so beautiful!", he put it on and smiled at her. „Uhm, my brother is throwing a party and he allowed me to invite some people so...you all are invited."
Everleigh looked at her cousins. They didn't look like they were ok with but even if they didn't want to she knew she'd go alone. Just like she'd go out alone almost every night with her little friend. "I'll be there.", Everleigh answered him.

Hey guys. I'm really sorry i didn't post for such a long time, I'll definitely try to post more often<3 so, how did you like this part? What do you think is gonna happen next? Please vote, share and comment, I'd really appreciate it:)

Love Eilyn🫶🏽