Part 30

„Mommy?", Everleigh calls out as she hears someone screaming loudly. She had just woken up and saw that she was alone in the room. She was scared. Dead scared. She didn't like being alone in such a room. So she just stood up and started walking around. As she kept walking the screaming she had heard became louder. Louder until it reached the point where Everleigh just knew that it was her mother screaming. Not hesitating she quickly ran towards the sound. She stopped in front of a room, which reveals her mom screaming on a bed. Mon el and Lena next to her holding her hands and wiping her sweat away.

"Nothing yet?", Kara breathes out leaning her head against the wall behind the bed.

Everleigh looks at her aunt who's holding something between her mother's legs.

'What is she doing!?' Ev asked herself.

She started looking around to see if somebody else was seeing it too. But no one was around. When she looked back Everleigh heard something cry. To her it sounded like a baby. She was terrified after seein Alex holding a baby. A baby that 10 seconds ago wasn't there.

Her mom looked relieved, her father and her aunts too.

"It's a girl!", her auntie said chuckling for a moment. After cutting the umbilical cord she handed the little girl to Mon el. He instantly started crying tears of joy! He didn't know he would get this chance ever again. And soon he's gonna be holding his two newborn babies together with Kara.

By the sight of that Ev felt jealousy going through her veins. She had been an only child for a long time. A day ago her father was hugging her and telling her how much he loved her and that she was his little princess. And now he was doing all this with this new girl. Her new sister. Soon also with her brother. Or how she called them now the intruders.

"Ew.", she said before turning around and leaving.

While Everleigh was definitely pissed her parents were relieved and happy that the babies were healthy. Kara and Mon el couldn't stop holding them so they kept switching them.

"So, how are you gonna call them?", Lena asked them curiously.

The two parents looked at each other, then answered:

"Mike and Maddy.", they answered at the same time.

Everyone smiled at them. Three hours had passed since the twins were born. They had been dying to know their names. They had been so distracted that they totally forgot about checking on Everleigh.
Mon el had told Kara what happened and after that he did check on her but then the next time he forgot.

Everleigh didn't care about it though. She was mad at everyone. And the thing she did when she was mad at someone was ignoring them. She was pretty good at it, even though she almost never was mad at someone. But there they were.

Mon el's pov

I look down at my beautiful little Maddy. Her eyes are blue like the ocean and she has a lot of blonde hair. Her strong grip around my index finger. She's a copy of Kara.

I just love her.

I look at Kara and smile, thanking her about giving me this opportunity once again.
Then my gaze falls onto Mike. He looks more like me. He has blue eyes and brown hair.

He's the more quiet one, till now.

As the time passes I realize.

Maybe Everleigh wants to meet them!

I put Maddy into her crib and walk towards Ev's room. 

Entering the room I realize that she's sitting on the floor. She looks mad as she looks up for a second.

"Hey cutie! You want to see your siblings?"

At the thought of the babies I have to smile again.

"Why not.", she just answers me standing up.  Usually she holds my hand while walking but this time she just ignores me and keeps going.

***

"Yeah, they're cute.", Everleigh tells us emotionless. I try to make everything better by asking:

"Do you want to hold your little sister??"

The whole room's attention is on Ev. Waiting for her answer, the answer everyone expected her to give us.

"No thanks, you can keep her."

Nope. That definitely wasn't the expected answer.

With that answer she leaves the room. Before going out she turns around one last time.

"Can you please get me home dad? I want to get some sleep."

She keeps starring at me for an answer. Everyone is looking at me. It doesn't feel good. The way she's acting doesn't feel good and the silence doesn't feel good either.

Then someone finally says something.

"I can take her with me.  I was just about to go home anyway.", Lena says.

Kara and I nod then she starts saying goodbye to everyone. Everleigh doesn't even try to enter the room to say goodbye. She just stays out there  starring at us. When Lena goes out she says something.

" Have fun...I guess."